Origami is an ancient type of art that is popular both among adults and among children. Of particular interest for lovers of this type of creativity is modular origami. In this technique, you can create not only simple figures, but also bulk vases or paintings.
What it is?
Modular origami involves creating crafts from triangles of the same size. Paper modules are usually harvested in advance. To create them, it is best to use double-sided colored paper.
Usually the figures from the modules are collected without using glue. It is used only to create particularly complex and volumetric crafts.
How to make a module?
Learn to make triangular paper modules sufficiently simple. To begin with, a standard sheet of paper A4 format needs to be folded in half. After that, it is flexing again. On the lines of folding paper cut into small rectangles. Can do it by a stationery knife or scissors. Then you should start forming small color paper modules.
- Little detail you need to bend and turn over.
- After that, the workpiece is required once again bent in half in width. This is done in order to schedule the fold line.
- The resulting detail needs to be accessed back.
- Both sides should be carefully hooked down.
- The edges of the resulting triangle must be stroke.
- Next, the foundation of the figure must be bent in half.
- Edges of speakers from below parts.
- The triangle must be carefully deployed, and then turn the sharp angle down.
- Protruding angles wrap on the opposite direction.
- The lower part must be accessed. Corners should stay bent.
- Then the bottom need to raise up.
- The resulting figure is required to be bent in half. It will be small pockets in which other modules are placed.
To connect such parts between themselves, the corners are inserted into neat pockets.
Details are easily fixed with each other.
Folding the original crafts
Having learned to make simple modules, you can proceed to creating volumetric figures of them. There are many interesting schemes that are suitable for both children and adults.
Bird’s bulk figure can be made of white parts or multicolored. To create the foundation, you will need to make 458 identical modules. The process of creating a craft consists of the following steps.
- First of all, you need to start assembling a swan torso. The first row is made of 30 triangles. They are located with sharp edges outward.
- The following two rows make the same. But the details are attached to the short side.
- The resulting workpiece is connected to the bulk circle.
- Next, the following two rows are fastening. Ready base neatly turn. At this stage, the detail resembles a bulk bowl.
- From above there is another row of 30 modules.
- After that, you can proceed to the formation of wings. Bowls need to leave a small gap. There will be a neck.
- On the left and right side of this opening of 12 modules.
- Next, the wings continue to collect on a simple principle: at each next level the number of modules used decreases. This allows you to make wings pointed. The last row should consist of one module.
- Finished wings need to carefully.
- To the back of the figure attached the tail of the swan. Make it on the same principle as the wings. In this case, the tail is obtained narrower.
- To create a swan neck uses glue. 31 The module is connected to each other. So that the neck looks natural, it must be gently bent.
- Attaching this item to the body of the swan, it must be decorate with a sharp red beak. The edges of the details must be combined with the help of glue.
Finished bird can be put on a small pedestal. Due to this, it will turn out more stable.
The scheme of creating such a bird in the Origami technique is suitable for beginners. To work, you need to prepare 207 white or yellow parts, as well as 6 modules for paws, crest and beak. After that, you can proceed.
- First of all, it is necessary to collect a ring of 16 details. 6 more such rows are fixed. All of them are fixed with a long side forward.
- The following row also consists of 16 parts. But they are attached to a short side forward.
- Next, 4 rows are fixed on the same principle as the first 7.
- When creating the last row, only 10 modules are used. Each detail is attached at once on 2 or 3 corners of details of the lower row. The basis must be gently compressed, making it more rounded.
- From the remaining parts collect narrow wings. They are fixed to the base with glue.
- Red paws are mounted to the bottom of the body. To the top – scarlet comb.
When the figure is ready, it remains to attach the beak and eyes.
Such a pretty chamomile can be an excellent gift for a loved one. The scheme for creating this flower is as follows.
- First you need to collect the foundation of the crafts. For this, 18 modules are used. They are attached short side out.
- The second row is done in the same way, and then attached to the first. But modules must be fixed long side. Further, the third number of parts is joined.
- To create a fourth row, the modules of another color are used. The basis, as a rule, make yellow, and the edges – white.
- After that, you can move to the creation of longer petals. 7 modules are attached to each of them. First to the base joins one detail. The second row consists of two modules, the third one – from one. 4 and 5 rows repeat the previous.
- For the same principle, other petals form.
Ready flower need to flip and attach to a stalk.
63 color modules are used to create figures. They can be both monophonic and multi-colored. The process of creating a figurine consists of the following steps.
- First you need to connect two modules among themselves. The second blank is done in the same way.
- To these two details you need to attach another 3 modules.
- In the side pockets of the last row insert one additional detail. They will later be attached to the wings.
- To the base of the crafts join 2 more modules.
- The following row consists of 3 parts. In the side pockets of these modules you need to insert one more billet.
- Two modules are attached to the fifth row, and then another one. Dragonfly torso gets slightly pointed.
- Next, you can start assembling one wing. For this purpose, 8 modules are used. The first two parts are connected by a simple scheme. Right corner is placed in the right pocket.
- In the same principle, the remaining modules are attached to the basis of the wing.
- The second wing is done in the same way.
- Next you need to do another 2 thin wings.
- Having postponing the workpiece to the side, you should proceed to assembling the tail. For this, individual modules are simply placed in each other. All items can be additionally fixed using glue. When the tail is ready, it must be carefully.
- Of the two remaining modules you need to make a mustache dragonfly, slightly bending them.
- Now you can proceed to the assembly of crafts. To each side of the figure you need to attach two wings. To the back of the figure you need to attach a long tail, to the top – swirling mustache.
Make this figure with my own hands can even schoolboy.
From the modules you can easily make the volumetric figurine. It uses 59 pink or red parts for its creation, as well as 7 green. It is done as follows.
- To create the first three rows you need to connect 13 modules of red.
- The resulting detail gently closes the circle. Billet need to be turned inside.
- The fourth row is also made from 13 modules, but the fifth – already out of 7.
- Next, strawberries remain only to turn over and attach 7 green modules to it, which will play the role of foliage.
The cauldron is simple, but pretty.
Using these light schemes, you can quickly learn how to create beautiful figures and even gifts for your loved ones.
About how do it yourself make triangular modules for origami, see the following video.