In the image of the newlywed, everything should be stylish and beautiful since the hairstyle, the dress and ending with such an important attribute as the bride’s garter. Although this element of the wardrobe is hidden from prying eyes, but at the end of the celebration he will definitely be in the hands of one of the guests, so it must surprise with its chival and originality. To date, there is a huge selection of garters on the leg, they can be purchased in the finished form in stores for newlyweds, and also sew with their own hands, embodying any fantasy and designer idea into reality.
Wedding garter is considered the main accessory of every bride. This small and invisible detail serves as an object of close attention of guests, especially male representatives. According to the traditions of a young man who is lucky to become the owner of the caught garter, will soon come into marriage. To give this image an element Individuality and uniqueness, many girls prefer to produce him independently. Choosing a particular garter model, it is necessary to take into account that, depending on the decor and appearance, they can be:
- Thin. Are the most common option and most often used as a supplement to a bulk dress decorated with openwork inserts, ribbons and rhinestones. Harmoniously combine a thin gap and with a short outfit. It looks easily, gracefully and beautifully emphasizes the shape of the legs.
- Wide. They, as a rule, choose a fair sex representative who adore bulk decorations. Such accessories are usually sewn from fate, lace and satin ribbons. They are considered classic models and are characterized by a number of advantages: securely fixed (not collapsed and not twisted), easy to wear, ideal for any style dresses. If a lace decor is present in the bride outfit, then you need to take care that it combined with the trim.
- Double. This type differs from previous ones that is suitable for complying with two traditions at the same time. One of the garters is removed by the fiance at the celebration and rushes to friends as a souvenir, and the second (“honey”) remains on the leg of the girl before the onset of marriage and serves as a family relic. Both items must be made in one stylist, while one is done wide, and the other thin.
In addition, wedding garters must be decorated with decor. Accessories, supplemented by precious metals, stones or antique broots look original. Popular also design with rhinestone, sequins, beads and handmade lace. Beautiful view give garters Satin ribbons and artificial flowers that are selected by the stylistic of the wedding bouquet.
Making master class
Lace is considered the most elegant and lightweight material, so it is considered an ideal option for sewing garters. Since the brides most often for the wedding choose a dress and underwear with lace inserts, then the garter, stitched with them in a single style, will give the image of a girl an unusual charm. To create a lace ornament, it is recommended to use soft material. For work there will also be needed scissors, segments of satin ribbons, goose feathers, a glue gun and a thread with a needle (if the tailoring is planned without a sewing machine). The length of the elastic ribbon is selected according to the leg volume of the newlywed, for this pre-measure its wide part.
The sewing process itself is as follows.
- The prepared tape is connected along the edges and mint manually, then flash on the sewing machine.
- The next step is to decorate, which can be performed in various ways. With the help of adhesive guns to the basis of the garter fixes feathers or replace them on other decoration elements.
- The base is also attached to the bow, carved from satin ribbon. Despite the fact that the main color in the image of the bride is white, it is recommended to complement it with the details of a blue or blue shade. So the bow is best to do not snow-white, but blue.
Equally, the satin garter will look atlant. For its manufacture, you will need a segment of a satin ribbon (length of at least 65 cm), ready-made lace (wide from 7 to 10 cm), satin tissue (20 × 20 cm), lining gum 1 cm wide and jewelry in the form of pearls, stones and beads. Tailoring is performed by steps.
- Initially, on a sheet of tight paper, outline of future petals of colors are made. Then the sketch is transferred to the fabric and the pattern is prepared. It should be noted that the long sides of the petals are best cut on the diagonal of the weft of threads on the fabric.
- Then, with the help of a lit candle, proceed to the processing of petals, they are heated along the edges and slightly stretched with fingers to the sides. As a result, the petals acquire a natural wavy shape. They are gently assembled into a bud, connecting with small stitches. Middle of each such flower need to decorate a bead. Flowers are sewn on the prepared narrow tape from lace, which later helps them place on the finished garter.
- Then it is necessary to fold in half the satin ribbon and the place of the bend is good to try, it will simplify in the future work with it. In the middle of the folded ribbon lace is inserted and the handbook is first carried out, then sewing with a sewing machine. From the edges of the ribbon you need to retreat a few millimeters, leaving stock for lining gum. Its length is cut through the volume of the legs, fixed with pins and sewn inside the satin strip manually.
- Ends up with a needlework with a lace and decoration, for which previously prepared artificial flowers are used. In addition, the garter can be supplemented with various bows, rhinestones and pearls. It will give her a charm and grace.
Of course, lace and satin garters are considered the most beautiful and delicate, but if the bride owns knitting technique, it can create an accessory from natural threads, which, in addition to originality, has more advantages over synthetic material and will not cause an irritation during the celebration. To create such a garter, it is necessary to have a suitable scheme, thick (560 m / 100g) and thin (400 m / 100g) threads of white or other shade, a hook thick from 0.6 to 0.9 cm and beads.
Since the patterns on the garter will consist of a plurality of floweries related to each other, they must first be associated in a certain amount. To do this, uses a hook of 0.9 and dense threads, of which air loops first are recruited (4 pcs. ) and combine them into the ring. Then proceed to the set of first row, forming again 3 air loops. The resulting ring is needed by the columns (20 pcs. ), performing knitting by Nakud.
For the second row, you need to dial one air and seven normal loops, creating a column without Nakid. He must sell in the fourth loop from the first row. The third row begins in three air loops and a ten columns are created, in which the arches from previous rows are made. As for the fourth row, it will be there only some columns without Nakid, with alternating air loops. As a result, it will turn out a beautiful flower for a wedding garter, by type of which should be tied up such products 12 pcs.
In addition, it will also be needed to tie an openwork mesh from thin threads, in which columns are made in the first scored loops, then five air loops and a column again. Such a technique fit the whole range of garters. Then the flowers are woven into the grid, forming a solid composition, and a continuation of three more such series. Above their arches should increase the number of hinges up to eight and wept large beads or beads. You can also decorate pearls and the entire perimeter of the accessory, pouring elements from top to bottom.
About how to make a wedding garter of the bride with your own hands, look in the video below.