Topaz is popular with both jewelers and lovers of elegant jewelry. This is a rather rare stone, and its deposits were discovered in total in several countries of the world, including in Russia. In our country, Topazy is mined in the Urals.
At the same time, the number of natural reserves of topazines is limited, since more than a million years may have to education. Nanotopases are real innovative development.
Nanotopases is a product of developing Russian scientists. They are synthesized in the laboratory and perfectly copy the shape and structural features of their natural fellows. The appearance and properties of nanotopes are so ideal that it is often able to distinguish them from natural gems. Nanotopases are very often called fakes of natural stones, since many manufacturers give them for natural.
Nanotopases in various sources can be called artificial or synthetic, But it will be more correct to be called hydrothermal topases, since the most common way, with which nanotopasis is obtained, is called hydrothermal.
Its essence is that all components, among which there is a crumb of natural stone, are melted at a certain pressure, during which their chemical interaction occurs. As a result of the reaction, a stone is obtained with ideal characteristics.
In addition to hydrothermal, there are other methods for obtaining nanotopasis, such as flux, Method of Verpel, Czohral and Bagdasarov. All methods are patented. In the professional environment of jewelers and in jewelry salons, you can find different names of synthesized topaz: nanocrystal, Nanocrystal, Nanogem, Formica Nanogem.
Modern methods of manufacturing nanotopas allow you to put them with special properties, some of which are pretty close to the properties of natural stones. Consider these indicators.
- High hardness. The hardness of hydrothermal topaz seeks the value of the solidness of natural stones, which is 8 points on the Moos scale.
- Ligger density compared to natural topazami. Natural topazy – pretty heavy stones, and for a long time they are called heavyweight.
- No cracks, inclusions. Cracks and inclusions accompany natural mineral. Topases obtained by hydrothermal method, it is unusual.
- Perfect form. The technology of manufacturing nanotopasia allows them to give them the perfect shape and perfect cut.
- Cleanliness and brightness of shine, no clouds. The hydrothermal method of creating nanotopes provides stones pure and bright shine close to ideal indicators.
- Perfection of color. Nanotopases are much brighter natural topaz.
The technology of their creation makes it possible to bring the degree of color saturation to the desired and produce the desired shade.
Differences from natural
Due to the good quality created artificially by nanotopasis, they are often issued for natural topaz. Distinguish natural stone from fakes in different ways.
- The hardness of natural topaz is higher than synthetic, they can scratch a solid surface and even artificially created toopase. This property can be used to distinguish a real mineral from a fake at home.
- Natural topaz, in contrast to nanotopasis, has the property to be electrified. In order to independently check it, it is necessary to use a wool cloth and grab it the studied stones. If the topaz is natural, then it will attract small pieces of paper or hairs to himself. Created by man stones do not possess such a property.
- Natural mineral heats up much slower than artificial. So taking it in hand, quite a long time you can feel it cool. Handy stone picks up warm hands very quickly.
- Nanotopases have a homogeneous structure in contrast to natural topazs that may have defects and inhomogeneity of the shade. If you are a product with a stone with an ideal structure and transparency, then this is certainly artificially created mineral. In nature, it is very difficult to detect topases without defects. Mostly in the breed there are topases with cracks and inclusions.
- Check authenticity of natural topaz can be used with a special solution – iodide methylene. In this solution, natural stone will go to the bottom, and the synthetic topaz will remain on the surface.
- If you can use jewelry weights, you can define a stone density that will tell about the naturalness of the stone. Real topaz has a density of 3.4-3.6 g / cm3. Synthetic options usually have a twice-smaller density.
- Natural topaz can be found by turning his head down. The real stone will turn and create a game of reflected light. True, there is one condition – Topaz must have a special cut. In any case, if there is a color game, we can talk about the naturalness of the stone.
- Natural topaz has a rich color spectrum. It can be transparent, yellowish, green or blue. Green topaz is very rare, mined in single versions and immediately falls into branded jewelry companies. Most natural topazs that are used to inlays jewelry have restrained and not very bright colors and shades. Nanotopa color is brighter and pronounced.
- When exposed to ultraviolet, you can observe the fading of natural stone. However, when placing it in a dark place, he returns his shade. Artificially created mineral such a property can not boast.
- Natural topaz when changing the direction of light changes its color in contrast to synthetic. Such a phenomenon is characteristic of yellow and pink stones.
Nanotopasam encrushes jewelry: earrings, rings, pendants, bracelets. Elegantly watching sets with nanotopasam. Being an excellent substitute for natural stones, synthetic topaz in terms of cost is much cheaper. This is a great gift for any holiday. Decorations from nanotopas to face women of all age. Hydrothermal mineral inlaid in rim from various metals. It can be yellow, white, pink and red gold, silver, platinum and even titanium. In combination with stones of various colors, they are harmoniously combined with the appearance of any type.
Nanotopases can combine with other stones. Especially harmonious they look with transparent minerals and representatives of cold color gamut.
Thanks to its bright appearance of nanotopes, it looks like a composition of the composition, supplemented by several companions or stained stones.
Care and storage
Nanotop products should be kept carefully. Here are a few rules:
- Systematic nanotop care is to rub it first with a wet cloth or a cloth, and then immediately with a dry soft napkin+
- In order to protect nanotopes from random mechanical damage, it is necessary to store it in a box, covered with a soft cloth type velvet+
- To preserve the initial appearance, contact nanotopase with various chemicals, household chemicals, cosmetics should be avoided.
In the next video you can look at nanotopases closer.