From the tension of both threads in the sewing machine mechanism mainly depends on the quality of the seam. There are threads to stretch more weakly or more, in the first case, the stitches will be saved, in the second – the threads, especially the lower, break, and the work with the seam often goes to the pump. It is unacceptable when performing “facial” seams. Therefore, the correct adjustment of the threads in the sewing mechanism is so important.
Device and principle of operation of the regulator
The regulatory system, sewing regulator, tensioner of threads is the entire name of the same mechanism that is responsible for the beauty and evenness of the seam. If the state of the device is faulty, it serves as a capersion in collapse of the seams, namely: the threads are torn, nodules are formed, the line can loop. Sometimes the lower thread makes his way upstairs, with the top they can change in places, the fabric in the seam zone becomes a tormented. But the disassembly assembly of household and industrial machines is not too complicated.
Adjusting the tension of the upper thread on old sewing machines is carried out by compressing washers.
They are spring-loaded, configured using nuts on a fixed bolt or by means of a movable screw. Screw (or bolt with nut) also carries the tensioner himself – so that all his details are not lost.
So, on the machines of the brand “Seagull”, the screw, holding the tensioner, is fixed directly on the housing. He is a frequent culprit of failures in laying flawless seams. The plastic housing of the tensioner “moves” to the side due to the vibration, issued by the machine at the intensive work of the needle product and shuttle. The tensioner itself can fall out of his docking space. Reduce pulling the top thread on the “Seagull” you can, using an extended belling pin.
But in modern models of Russian production, the tensioner is fixed more practical. It is unrepretentious – but its reliability is significantly ahead of the tensioners on the typewriters of the type “Seagull” and Singer. It is enough to clean it from the Village left by moving thread. Lift his compressive plate-shaped washers easily by placing scolding between them. With the help of a toothpick or toothbrush, the “starting” accumulated on them is deleted in seconds.
The tensioner of a more compact modern sewing machine type Overlock requires more regular cleaning. This type of machine is used so often (and long) that through the tensioner is almost 100 km of thread. The nickname “garbage” tears, and the tensioner works noticeably worse, which cannot but reflect negatively on the quality of new seams and patterns. The tensioner does not contain the roasted thread, and its maintenance is only in the blowing of its pressed part.
Industrial sewing machines have a tensioner, similar to the design similar to the same in household machines.
How to regulate
Before proceeding with accurate adjustment of the upper and lower threads, It is recommended to perform test seams on an unnecessary flap matter. Carefully inspect just released from the needle of the seam. If there are defects, but they are crayons, use a magnifying glass. Normally, correctly configured equipment allows you to get impeccable on both sides of the seam fabric. With the failures of the tensioner, the threads can excessively surpassed matter, or stitches sag, without ensuring reliable stitching of the material.
In the absence of such defects, continue sewing – the machine works perfectly and without your interference in the tensioner adjustment.
If still the quality of the seam you did not like – always know that The establishment of the threads one for another will be effectively hidden between the layers of the stuffed matter. “Wrinkles” none of the layer of fabric here are no longer formed. The fact is that the tension of the threads is so arranged that one thread at the institution for another pulls the wrong. Another starts for the first similar. With an equal power of seam tension ideal. It is worth it, however, one of the threads threw more – it will pull out another, and the layers of the fabric will also respond. The principle is: when the bottom thread extrusion points appear on top of the top tensioning excessively + is true and the opposite.
Be sure to check that the machine works smoothly and clearly. Threads should be filled into a typewriter strictly according to the instructions. The bobbin should not spontaneously knock or slip into the process of work. Tensioners must be clean. Foot, needle, guide, lever tension, shuttle, bobbin holder and needle product mechanism must be without chipping, jar, unnecessary bulbs and concaves, which are ideally provided. One of any damage – and the thread may be reversed.
Make sure the thickness of the thread corresponds to the thickness of the fabric.
It is not recommended to use threads x / b. The best option is the threads From any synthetic fiber: Nylon, Capron, Polyamide, Shelk, Polyester and others. The needle should not be too thin – an attempt to break through one or more holes for stitches in an overly thick and coarse fabric will immediately hurt her. The use of stitches with a length of less than 1.5 mm will immediately break the quality of the seam, and the fabric will swee under the needle plate of the stapler.
Now let’s start directly to configure. Lay the tensioner tensioner regulator. If you encountered this for the first time – Refer to the instructions coming in the kit. For machines purchased from hands, which did not turn out to be the user’s manual, fast “vending” serves a handle with numbers applied to it.
The magnitude of the tension increases as the knob turns the knob in the “big” side. Price division – half distances between numbers. After each change in the magnitude of the tension, perform test seams until the tests of the thread or tugging fabric will not eliminate.
Your goal is to achieve the lower and top threads to balance each other. It is remotely similar to calibration of weights without an arrow, where the weighing of the batch of the goods released was achieved due to the balancing by its corresponding weights. The lower thread should not get out up – exactly then the seam is considered the perfect. Unlike the tension setting of the upper thread, the tensioner tensioner is no longer using the regulator.
Setting the lower thread tension in a primitive case is made by hanging the shuttle for the end of the thread coming out from under the bobble cap. In the absence of unwinding the thread from the bobbin under the weight of the shuttle hanging on it, loosen its tension. With quick unwinding thread tension, on the contrary, weak. Ideally, hung on the thread, the shuttle must move into several centimeters – but do not descend until the thread end on the bobbin.
The tension is adjustable using a nearby screw: With a screwdriver, it is screwed down clockwise to enhance the tension, and back – when weakening it.
If the shuttle is broken – after screwing the screw, you need to perform test seam.
The result of the exact adjustment of the tensioners of the threads is the perfect seam. You can start work. Setting up machine completed.
The following tips will help avoid loss of time to reconfiguration machine, and with them – and emerging problems in the device.
- Before starting the next seam, do not forget to remove the ends of the upper and lower threads in the direction of yourself. So you will not allow unnecessary weave of thread. Newbies for the first time often allow such a mistake.
- To quickly detect problems with the level of test seam, it is recommended to use threads of different colors contrasting with the color of matter. But directly in your main work will require threads similar, rather than sharply different colors.
- For each of the types of fabrics and threads of different thicknesses, the accurate tension settings will be alleged. This will allow less than a minute to adjust the machine for the upcoming work and, without losing time, immediately start sewing.
- Setting up tensioners need to start with the top, and not from the bottom.
Possible problems and their elimination
The faint tension of the thread may be a consequence of a number of reasons.
- Springs holding tension, over time weakened or broke. Washers can not connect with each other – no effort. It is recommended to replace the springs.
- Thread often robbed, made Istropnaya. Perhaps there are notched on the washers themselves. It is unlikely – the steel is unable to spoil friction about “plastic” or natural threads, rather, the problem is that these washers oxidized. On the shuttle tensioner, excessive thread tension can be due to damage bursts, its cap or shuttle itself.
- Top thread is also stretched, When the tension lever, the nitenastor, the floppy loop on the needleidor or the needles are damaged in the same way.
- Confusion, the dumping of the threads on the coils with their manual unwinding and winding, jar on the coil itself can also lead to the fact that the thread does not work out. In the latter case, this happens when almost the entire coil or reel spent, or the thread washed to the bobbing manually, in bulk, and not neatly on the “Moting” machine.
- The machine itself may not provide adequate speed of work. Most often this happens when the engine or mechanism is worn out, the required torque device does not produce, or the supply voltage dropped sharply. In this case, initially true tuned tensioners were in these conditions very “tight”, and they urgently need to reconfigure. However, working on a failed machine is very problematic. It is recommended to give it to the repair of an intelligent master. If the product is so worn out that the repair is not subject to or it has not been spare parts (they have long been removed from production) – it is recommended to replace the device.
After eliminating all these reasons by the exclusion method, your device will work again.
Fix the incorrect tension of the thread, adjust the tensioners will not be restored. IMPORTANT, if you don’t know something yet, seek advice to the instruction or experienced seamstream, which has passed through similar difficulties.
The secret of the perfect tension of the threads is revealed in the video below.