Viscose is a fiber of natural origin, invented by French scientists at the end of the XIX century. And before it, the material of this type tried to create an Englishman Robert Huk. The mass release of the material was launched in the 20th century, it was then that the viscose canvas became very popular due to its universal properties.
Natural fabric or not?
Characteristics and properties of material depend on production technology. It is made from wood by splitting it to the cellulosic element – Xanthange. And for some time, the composition is brewed by entering into a reaction with an aqueous solution of calcium.
The resulting homogenized composition is transformed into the threads that constitute the viscose canvas. Changing the technical conditions slightly, produce polyethylene, so viscose is often called natural synthetics. In fact, it is an unnatural fabric created from cellulose.
The main quality of the viscose fiber:
- air permeability+
- Comfortable texture of fabric+
- smoothness and silky shine+
- lack of ability to accumulate static electricity+
- Resistance to wear and brightness of colors+
- Easiness in washing and leaving+
- Imitation of natural fabrics: flax, silk and cotton.
In addition, the additional properties of the viscose fabric are good hygroscopicity, drig and beautiful appearance of items from it. She is cool to the touch, thin, but rather durable.
The price of the material is made up of the features of production technology, quality, as well as the cost of the manufacturer. The lining viscose costs about 300 rubles, printed (crepe of imported production) goes for 700 rubles, and knitwear – 900 rubles for the temporon meter.
When buying ready-made clothes from the viscose, you can check the naturalness of the material, for which several threads should be set fire. Wood fibers will light up a bright flame, fit and fall, leaving the smell of burning organic.
Fabric fibers are divided into silk, staple and cord viscose. Silk sew quilted blankets and bed linen. The staple is used to sewing warm clothes, and also produce plaids from it and carpets. Cord thread fabric used for the manufacture of elite clothing. Among other things, the base of the tissue is combined with natural threads of other materials, then viscose takes a number of their properties and qualities.
The modern industry of domestic and overseas production produces many types of viscose fabric, we give their description.
- Natural 100% viscose– Synthetic produced from bamboo. It is pleasant to the touch, thin and light. In the wet form, deformation and damage, not enough durable and short-lived, quickly wear out and loses its properties.
- Lining acetate cloth does not stretch and perfectly protects clothes and hats from wetting, shrinkage and loss of form.
- Knitted cloth based on viscose – more durable material, most often used for the manufacture of linen and light clothes.
- Viscose fabric “Microwave “Produced with the addition of polyester, which gives it an amazing chic and a good landing. Elegantly looks in pants, skirts and dresses.
- Viscose with the addition of elastane and cotton often used for sewing sports equipment.
- With the addition of staple fibers The viscose fabric acquires the properties of strength. From such a canvas sew shirts, blouses and outerwear.
- Viscose-silk Partially imitates natural fabric, its shine and radiance. Used for sewing pajamas, shirts, as well as home textiles: curtains, covered and bed linen.
The viscose fabrics also differ in the name.
- Viscose Tensel It looks like cotton, it is made of eucalyptus sawdust, applied for sewing curtains, pillowcases, sheets and duvettes.
- Modal And a thinner micromode unit is used to sewing tablecloths, kitchen towels and napkins, as well as a hosiery assortment.
- Rayon – Thin fabric with shine, used for sewing bedroom accessories and home clothing.
- Academician – a dense knitted fabric from which heat-resistant linen is sewn.
- Milano – knitted fabric with imitation of wool, from which it is good to sew gloves.
- Sack – Another type of fabric obtained from sawdust of coniferous breeds. Thanks to the resins and microblas, there has an increased series of strength in mechanical and physical indicators.
- Kupra – Extremely thin elite extra-grade fabric. Used for tailoring expensive outfits. Requires special care that excludes string and ironing.
Mixed viscose with polyesters is used to sewing inexpensive products. The imported viscose of Chinese production prevails in the domestic market, as well as finished products from Uzbekistan.
A variety and a set of varieties of viscose tissue makes it a versatile material used for sewing clothes of various assignments and properties. In addition, the same variety allows you to choose the material to the consumer with any financial position.
How to produce?
As already known, the viscose is produced from cellulose – wood product, which serves as raw materials for fabric. The complex manufacturing process consists of multistage stages of production, during which the chemical treatment of wood fibers is produced. Since the invention of the material, the technology has not changed, only the equipment was reconstructed. Most of the four production phases.
- At the first stage, the basis of the future fabric is formed. Wood blocks are crushed to chips and boil in large boilers with alkali.
- On the second make threads, passing the resulting mass through a special sieve with a lot of small holes.
- In the third stage, finish is made, including painting and drying.
The viscose fabric made in this way is formed into briquettes, which then fall on the counters of stores or in the sewing workshops and workshops.
Pros and cons
The advantages of viscose tissue include the following points:
- Feature Wine in the cold season and cool in winter+
- Thanks to the pleasant thermolabile texture of the fabric, the products are very comfortable and cozy+
- Fiber fibers give a good grip with color pigments, as a result of which it scores well, creating various color variations+
- Immountability and soft absorbent properties expand the scope of fabric use in any climatic zone+
- Matte, as if the luminous surface of the fabric is easy to dramatically, creating beautiful elements of clothes and interior+
- Sailing viscose is very convenient in the sock and unpretentious in care.
To the features of viscose fabrics, you can also attribute the ability to stretch when wetting and sit down when washing. At the same time, the 100% viscose can be strongly delayed in the sock, and often things from it are quickly losing the shape and wear out. But it happens only with improper care. Clean viscose is able to quickly crumble at sewing, so the cured elements require additional processing. Fabric with polyesters can be strongly stretched, which is very good for linen, but not applicable to the outerwear and strict dress.
Viscose with additives acquires their properties. For example, cotton gives it softness, staple – strength and heat resistance, artificial silk – smoothness and shine. It, like all natural fabric, is practically not lit, so it can be safely attributed to fire-bearing materials.
New modifications of viscose fibers allow you to apply the material in almost all household spheres and not only.
If you consider buyers’ reviews, several facts can be distinguished.
- Viscose with the addition of wool The extraordinarily warm and comfortable in the sock, stretches well and does not accumulate static electricity, besides, things are available from it.
- Fabric Modal It is much easier and cheaper than the eucalyptus basis, which, in turn, makes it more popular among buyers. This is due and simplified production technology, which largely reduces the expenditure of the manufacturer affecting the starting price of the fabric.
- Viscose “Microwave” and “Oil” gives a convenient tight effect of things sewn from her. Circling elements of this species is very different from similar patterns from other tissues, since it is possible to remove extra mesh and folds that are usually used for a good landing on the figure.
- Viscose lining I miss the air well and perfectly holds the shape of a coat, costumes and outerwear. Therefore, it is the most “running” among the lining fabrics.
- Sewing expensive outfits from the dors It is better to entrust the professionals due to the specifics of the fabric expressed in a special subtlety and a number of properties that make it the most delicate and beautiful of all tissues of this line.
Before opening and tailoring, the viscose fabric should be wrapped and dried so that the finished product does not give shrinkage after the first washing.
Comparison with other tissues
If we talk about the comparison of viscose with other tissues, it should be paid to its versatility. Cotton and flax hygroscopic and therefore good in the bathroom. They are used for sewing towels, bathrobes, slippers and other similar attributes.
But flax and cotton will not succeed. Sew coat or jacket. Theoretically, this is possible, but, given that flax and cotton – purely natural materials, the operation of stitched things in the usual mode becomes impossible. Clean materials, exposed to atmospheric precipitation and other factors, quickly fail, wear out.
At the same time, the universality of viscose applies to children’s clothing. Stylish and safe children’s suites are very popular among buyers. Parents are happy to dress up their little princesses in colorful dresses with multicolored flowing swabs and bows. But only viscose fabrics can give such an elegant effect, so they are also widely used for sewing of festive and New Year’s costumes.
In the interior of the viscose is also indispensable. It is difficult to imagine woolen curtains or damage carpets. It will be quite expensive to “wear” furniture in pure atlas, jacquard or silk, stinging velvet and crepe not applicable for bed linen.
For home textiles, there is nothing better than viscose. It combines the best properties of natural and synthetic tissues and fully meets consumer requests.
Most of the viscose sew clothes and different things – from a native and bed linen to the right of the outerwear. But it is also successfully used in home everyday as a upholstery of furniture, household textiles. With it, you can create any style in interior design. On the walls, the viscose fabric acquires a special sound. Thanks to it, with the corresponding illumination, a cozy atmosphere is created and style is saved.
Elements of decor in the room, as well as household items, upholstered by viscose fabric, become real works of art, advantageously emphasize the style and taste of home owners.
Recommendations for care
Wash clothes from viscose with extreme caution, as it is susceptible to hauling and deformation in wet. Manual washing can be replaced with a delicate mode in a washing machine, at a temperature not higher than 30 degrees Celsius. For washing it is best to use soft water and powder without phosphate. Ideal elixirs for special fabrics, retaining elasticity and color of fibers when washing. In addition, some of them also perform air conditioner and rinse functions, which provides an additional care product and promotes a long sock.
The spin of wiped things is better to completely eliminate so that they do not lose their form. Best of all after water stalks, leave them on a terry towel or other soft tissue to absorb, and then sprinkle for the final dryer on her shoulders or special stands for drying such things.
In no case should you dry viscose things on batteries and other heating devices, otherwise the internal structure of their fabric is simply burns.
Ironing things from viscose is not recommended, disappearing them in a horizontal position too. Some use iron in tulle and silk mode. But it will correct to apply the steam generator. It is neat, easily and quickly plays fabric fibers without risk burn them.
We hope that information from the article will open a lot of new things, will help you decide on the choice of a suitable viscose material, and will also tell me how to properly care for things from this multifunctional fabric.
What kind of viscose, look in the following video.