Even the most expensive, reliable and high-quality sewing machine, like any technique, can start working incorrectly or will stop at all. Especially breakdowns are subject to a Chinese single-end machine. Tell me why not sew a sewing machine and how to fix it.
Sewing machine stopped sewing. Whether it is manual or motorized, You may encounter the following manifestations of this breakdown.
- Lower or top thread is not served. Stitch “Kutsaya” – in the seam lacks threads. Sewing zigzag does not go at all.
- Fabric does not move as stitches. Those, in turn, lay down on each other, instead of the seam, a tangled tangle is formed, the threads are invested.
- The foot does not work: it is impossible to raise it / pull.
- Motor runs, the presenter shaft is scrolled, but the needle is not moving or stopped working. Sewing stopped.
- The machine does not give signs of life – the engine does not work, does not shine and displays information about the display mode. Work does not begin.
- Crunch, Crack, Failures in the work of mechanisms, sudden “jerking” of a smooth and smooth turn. Reducing the speed of passing the fabric, which extends the time spent on themselves fast and clear actions.
- The machine works, but periodically stops closer to the middle of the seam or immediately after the start of its laying on the layers of the fabric.
- The machine is trying to develop the stated speed even with full presses on a foot pedal, but moves hard.
Some faults are combined into a group for the total reason for their appearance. Others, on the contrary, have a variety of reasons.
Some reasons depend on the differences in a particular model from others – even at first glance, compatible. So, the thread is not picked up from the shuttle with a needle, seam does not go due to:
- wear of the tip of the shuttle, incorrectly setting it (or disorders)+
- Failure of the spatial shuttle+
- Availability of jar on the cap bobbin+
- Incorrect adjustment of the needleofrication mechanism (overly overestimated or underestimated)+
- Sleeping screw holding bobbin+
- Synchronization of the bottom section of the machine and the needle.
Most likely, the mechanism itself will fail. For its service it is recommended to contact the Sewing Technology Repair Service Center.
Failures in the work of the node responsible for the needle are as follows:
- Needles and fabric are incompatible (thin needle for thick fabric and vice versa)+
- Selecting the needle with a cut flask for an industrial machine with a needle holder without a cut (and on the contrary)+
- Too small size of the flask (it is impossible to clamp the needle, she slipping)+
- curve or stupid needle+
- Thread thicker needles, the move is difficult (the thread rushes, the needle is grieved and in the end breaks).
Fabric jerk movement due to the following. When the gap in the needle plate is unnaturally expanded, worn, together with a needle inside and the entire zone of puncture fabric is tightened. It does not allow the shuttle to work correctly, and the seam in the end contains not all stitches.
It is necessary to check and, if necessary, re-set the correct position of the teeth of the stapler.
When the racks and the needle disinfect the fabric is wrinkled, the lower thread is not pushed in the stitches – the upper one can excessively stretch and break. In some cases, the lower thread can break and stop entering the stapler, as a result, the seam is obtained by one-sided, simplified, it is easy to bloom and does not hold the layers of fabric. The use of different threads is unacceptable. Thick thread is harder grasted, why the seam has a flaw – the passage of the lower loops.
Ideally, the lower thread should be slightly thinner, not thicker and more stretching. Excessively twisted threads will also provoke the passage of stitches and loops – they are poorly grapped by a shine.
Methods of elimination
In the case when the sewing machine does not capture the lower thread due to the imbalance – adjust the mechanism by setting the right distance between the needle and the tip of the shuttle. Make the following.
- Turn on direct collapse.
- Remove the needle plate.
- Give the extreme bottom needle position.
- Gradually lift the needle, turn the drive. At the same time, the tip of the shuttle must pass by 1.5 mm above the hole in the needle. Between the edge of the needle and the tip of the shuttle, the distance should be an average of 0.175 mm. These settings are exhibited using a nearby screw.
On old devices – “PMZ”, “Podolsk” and “Seagull”, the same calibration is performed in a zigzag line mode. The distance between the needle hole and the shuttle tip is detected at the left and right passing of the needle through the cloth.
More precisely, it will help to navigate the following technique for eliminating the same fault.
What should be done
Excessively weak or thread sweating. Tension is worth checking manually or by means of a test seam.
Make sure the bobbin is inserted correctly. Redighten the tension with the screw near the shuttle mechanism or within it.
The needleidor went aside when performing a line.
Check that the upper thread is not pulled over.
The shuttle is moving with a noticeable effort, some stitches are missing on the seam, the thread is not always grabbed.
Clean the shuttle from the scrapets of the thread, impede its move.
The fabric is involved in the space (under the panel), driven by a shuttle for frequent jams.
Change the blunting and / or a curvatured needle. She can’t quickly pierce matter.
Weak, saving loops on the back of the stitch. Shuttle works odd.
Replace faulty shuttle details. He often gets stuck due to burrs, oxidation and microcracks.
Prevention of faults
- Put the machine to a steady table, console or other support, where stability and horizontal plane are withstanding.
- Pick up the needle and threads corresponding to the crosslinkable matter. Insert and securely fix the needle.
- Fill the coils with threads according to the instructions. Do not break the thread broach sequence. For example, at first the upper thread passes through the tensioner, and then through the bottom guide (to the needle name) – and not vice versa. Also right to install the bobbin in the shuttle compartment.
- Leave the 15-centimeter “tail” of both threads, remove their sideways. It is necessary for high-quality start and continuation of the seam.
- Turn on the machine to the network, insert the test flap and try to make the seam. It must be smooth and without sagging loops on the reverse side.
- Use smooth and elastic threads. Too darling and twisted over time, simply the needle needle, will make it more “broken”, and the needle will break faster.
- The machine has a generation (ran) mechanism to another lubricant. In the instructions specified, for example, an interval of 5000 hours. Electronic machines can be completed with a “timer” function tracking the total operation time of the motor and drive. It replaces the electromechanical analogue of the Motoamas (or prototype of the tapey roller counter), which could be used in the old cars of the XX century. Do not ignore the specified regularity of cleaning and lubrication – pay attention to this.
Compliance with these precautionary measures – the pledge of durability and trouble-free operation of the product.
About what to do if the sewing machine passes stitches, look next.