Sewing machine – this is not only a working tool of professional tailor. Many hostesses have long appreciated the advantages of the possession of this technical device, allowing independently performing small repair of clothing, tailoring bed linen, and maybe the development of more complex azewing arts. So the situation when a thread is broken in the machine, it becomes very unpleasant. This worsens the quality of work and spoils the mood. What may be the causes of such trouble and how to cope with them – read below.
Let’s look at the most common causes of the cliff of the sewing machine. They are actually a lot.
Poor quality of thread
The situation in which the machine is just a victim of circumstances. Inspect the thread: uneven thickness, lumps, knots – all this will tell you that you purchased goods of poor quality. Such a thread machine will tear times over.
Therefore, the only way out in this situation is to leave this coil of threads for the handset, and for the machine to purchase a new one: with a solid and elastic thread, homogeneous throughout the length.
Problems with needle
There may be several.
- Incorrect installation. Each needle, designed for a sewing machine, has a special groove, stretched along its entire length. Regardless of the brand of the device, this groove must “look” in the same direction as the goal of the needle thread. If the location is true, the thread is freely moving at sewing and not breaking. Check that the needle is inserted until the stop is securely secured with a screw. On the correctness of its installation, you will also say the passage of its “nose” next to the recess.
- Brand needle. If in the hole where the thread is inserted, there are sharp edges, it means that every time you sew, the thread will cut off. So such a needle will have to throw. Also watch the needle is not a curve and have no damage.
- Invalid needle selection. All needles have different thickness. One is well sews Silk, another – jeans. If you do not take into account this moment and do not change the needle when replacing the fabric, you can also encounter a broken thread.
- Sea flares. If you exploit your sewing machine quite often, without paying attention to the correct installation and centers of the needle, there may be a situation where it will hit the needle plate and scratches it. Over time, these scratches will lead to the fact that during sewing the line will begin to “leave” to the side, the thread will start rushing, the quality of work will deteriorate.
The only right solution is to install the needle as it should be, so that it was included in the hole intended for this and did not touch the needle plate.
If the latter is already all in the jar, it is best to replace it before, and then centered the needle
There may also be several fault options.
Incorrect installation of spring
One of the most common causes of the cliff of the upper thread – incorrect installation of the spring in the tension regulator. Please note that wide twinkling curls should be closer to the machine body. Check the ease of its stroke in the axis of the regulator (this is such a carvings with a thread). There are situations where his slot is unnecessarily clamped with the edge, and the tension is not led by adjusting. Way out: Stick to this slit scum and expand its edges slightly to ensure a more free stroke of the springs.
Incorrect assembly of the tensioner of the upper thread
Different sewing machines have a different device of the tension controller of the upper thread, but they have the principle of operation. When the foot is completely climbing, the spring must be “squeezed”, weaken the pressure of the pucks and release the thread from the tension. When you collect or disassemble the tensioner, note for yourself that The pusher should be located in the slots of the axis of the regulator, “turning” into your side of the flattened side. The squeezing washer should not be overtaken, the rod – without jazbin. When installing the compensation spring, adjust the optimal pulling force.
note that When the foot is completely raised, the washers must squeeze the thread, providing her free stretching. If the tension controller began to stagger, perhaps the screw that holds it.
You will have to remove the cover on top of the machine, find this screw (from the end) and put in the location of the clamp a small piece of tin.
There is no compensation spring in the tensioner
This detail of the sewing machine is responsible for the formation of stitches. If it is not, the upper thread saves, the thread begins to loop, and after it breaks. If you find such a problem, you have to Disassemble the tensioner and insert the necessary item, after which it is re-installed.
Unfortunately, the above list is not a complete list of reasons for cliff threads in a sewing machine. Consider and others.
- The pusher is incorrectly installed. This may happen if you disassemble the device for any purpose, and collected incorrectly. See how you installed the pusher: if the flattering side is turned to the lever, then stop it.
- Zzbins, surface irregularities. Sewing machine is an aggregate having his shelf life. If it is transmitted from generation to generation, it begins to undergo natural wear. Thread slides over the surface – a groove that prevents its free sliding appears on the details. In order to eliminate this error, it should be replaced with a bobbing cap or stab.
- Incorrect spare parts. If you observe that in the process of operation there is a bobbing cap, fixation is carried out with difficulty, it means that it is not suitable in design. Check out the recommendations for the selection of parts and consumables specifically for your sewing machine model.
- No adjustment of the bobbing cap. On this detail there is a small screw. How strongly he is tightened, affects the opening of the upper or lower thread. Remove the cap, make sure it is clean, loosen it slightly, set it again. Please note: experts advise to pre-check the tensioner of the upper thread, and if it’s not about it, then do a bobbing cap.
- Faulty shuttle. This is one of the most important details of the sewing machine. If it is incorrectly installed or has defects, the top thread is tensioning incorrectly, as a result of which it occurs. Therefore, watch the shuttle and needle always worked consistently, in unison.
- No lubricant. Possible and such a reason. Most often occurs when the machine is exploited, but neglected with lubrication of nodes and parts.
- Incorrect installation of thread. If you are in a hurry and, refueling the thread, missed any hole or groove, pull it out and start doing everything.
How to eliminate malfunctions yourself?
Immediately should be clarified – we are not talking about the global repair of the device, but about the elimination of small troubles, because of which your sewing machine tears thread.
First of all, do not forget that the problem is always easier to prevent, rather than fix. It means that Preventive inspection, timely lubrication of parts, selection of high-quality sewing threads, periodic replacement of needles should not become an accident, but by regularity.
But if the problem is not caused by a lack of care, but still some breakdown, then It is worth familiar with the list of possible troubles that you can try to eliminate.
- Incorrect installation of conical spring or tensioner spring. Disassemble, reinstall (or change, if worn out) the item and collect everything.
- Bad work pusher. Install it, as it should be, if worn – buy a new.
- Popor squeeze washer. Reduce the side of the washer or purchase the item without side.
- No / breakdown compensation spring. Get a new detail, install, adjusting the tension force.
- If there is scratches on the surface of the foot / needle plate, Sharp them with the help of tools or replace.
- Cutting the flowing cap is broken: the screw twisted, burstles appeared. The cap is subject to either repair (with such an opportunity), or a complete replacement.
How to adjust the thread?
Below is a small instruction for regulating thread tension.
- Find the tension regulator. On all machines it is placed in different places, so if you do not know where it is, look at the user manual. If you do not have it, then look for a digital regulator that is not related to the selection of the type or stitches size.
- Turn this regulator to enhance the thread tension in the direction of increasing digital indicators. To begin with, overcome it on 1/2 division or 1 digit and check on a piece of matter, what a screed happened. Setup must be made until the upper thread stops “look out” on the back of the screed.
- To reduce tension, you will have to turn the regulator in the opposite direction – towards smaller numbers. Repeat configuration until a fully aligned screed appears.
If your sewing machine periodically breaks the thread, interfering to work and port the result, check and eliminate all the above reasons for malfunction of the unit.
If you were convinced that the problem is much more serious and lies in the breakdown of a complex part, contact the service center to the specialists.
About why in the sewing machine rushes the thread and what to do with it, look in the following video.