Choosing an apron for the kitchen, people focus on many factors: appearance, practicality, ease of installation and acceptable cost. Increasingly at the exhibitions of kitchens or pictures in design magazines, you can see the design of the working wall under the brick. This option is in demand not one decade. Interest is explained by the unusual features of this design.
The need for an apron for a kitchen headset is obvious. There is an important role to protect the surface of the wall, hygiene, simplicity of cleaning. And, of course, the apron serves as a peculiar decoration of the kitchen, especially if it is competently selected and harmoniously combined with the rest of the interior items.
An apron under the brick has several important advantages
- Easily fits into the interior of both classic and modern styles.
- Smoothes irregularities and wall defects.
- Practical in everyday life, because you can choose a coating on which pollution will be less visible. Most modern materials used for kitchen finishing are easy to clean.
- It has many versions: by material, color, texture and t. D.
More detailed characteristics such as Strength, durability, resistance to external factors and availability is better to evaluate, pushing off from a specific variety (depending on the method of production and material).
Types of materials
Of course, the working wall behind the kitchen head can be completely Brick. And in some cases it does not even need to create artificially, it is enough to leave the wall in the form in which it is. Brick is durable and durable. In addition, it has a unique texture and variatives in terms of color. However, it should be noted that such a material is quite porous, and therefore will absorb not only splashes of different origin, but also odors. Yes, and drop rough brick wall will be not easy.
Therefore, the wall in its rough version is most often covered by more practical finishing materials.
- Ceramic tile (Cabanchik) – the most common option. Of course, she only remotely resembles a brick – tiled bricks look too neat. But the choice of color here is much wider, there are matte and glossy options. Tile can crash or crack, but with careful handling will last for several years and retain its appearance in the original condition. And the wall of the tile is quite easy to wash and clean.
- Porcelain tile similar to its properties with ceramic. Among the few differences, an increased strength and method of production can be noted, as a result of which not only the top layer is painted, but the whole tile is entirely. Therefore, individual elements can be covered with icing and have a natural look, as close as possible to ordinary bricks.
- Clinkers far exceed the usual tile for strength and wear resistance. Thanks to a special way of production, such bricks look quite naturally. There are smooth glazed tiles or embossed (rough to touch). You can choose bright colored or natural bricks.
To care for the apron from the clinker is easier if it is smooth, but even in this case it remains thermo- and moisture-resistant. In addition to pretty high cost, such a tile material requires the involvement of specialists for installation.
- Apron from PVC It is considered one of the most inexpensive imitation of brick coating. In this case, we are not talking about individual tiles, but about embossed panels having a view of a brick wall. The panel is attached to the wall much easier than tile materials, it is easier to replace it with a new. Plastic is well clean using gentle agents, but is distinguished by low strength and resistance to heating.
- Glass panels – Modern option, in which the image of a brickwork is applied to the glass on the inside. Among the advantages there is a good, realistic color rendition and a mirror shine. The surface in this case will be smooth, but it is even easier to clean it. Yes, and by strength, tempered glass is not inferior to tiles. Installation is hampered by weight and dimensions of the product, as well as the complexity of fasteners.
- MDF Also often acts as the basis for wall panels that can be placed apron. The top layer will be a film with a brickwork imitation or an image with a transparent acrylic top layer.
Such a coating partially protects the panel from moisture, but can change the color or deform from overheating.
Most often this apron is chosen as a cheaper glass analogue. But it is much easier to install it – you can cope with your own.
How to choose?
First you need to decide on the choice of material. A good apron for the kitchen should not only have an attractive appearance, but also to be practical in use. Evaluate the beauty of each apron is almost impossible – it is important to focus on your own taste.
But the most reliable are considered tile coatings and glass panels.
In a limited budget, you can view plastic panels.
Next Criteria – Mounting Method. Professionals require additional costs. Therefore, you can master the laying of the tile independently or pay attention to the wide, light panels that are simply glued to the wall. Previously, it is necessary to determine the method of laying tiles: traditional, with displacement, diagonally, blocks, and t. D. Bricks can be finished a narrow strip over the tabletop, the space for the hood or the whole working wall to the ceiling.
Calculation of the amount of required material It is better to produce together with a master or store consultant.
Tile is purchased with a margin, and it is necessary to compare the color of bricks from different batches so that there are no discrepancies.
Wall panels are considered robust meters. The case is more serious with glass: Usually it is cut, make cuts for sockets and fasteners in production.
The cost of material should be proportioned in quality. Recently, buyers increasingly pay attention to tiles from Germany, Italy or Belgium, because foreign brands become a kind of synonymous reliability and good taste. But also Russian manufacturers should not be written off: they adopt Western technologies and produce products no worse and order cheaper than foreign analogues.
Beautiful examples in the kitchen interior
One of the most difficult issues in the choice of tiles is the selection of color. At the same time, it is necessary that he not only fell in the soul of the owner, but also fit well into the general background. The easiest and most universal option is considered white: it contains all the main colors, well reflects the light. Close to it are popular: gray, dairy, beige, bright coffee and t. D. Brickwork of this coloring will become an excellent addition to the kitchen in any style.
If someone’s one-picture option seems boring, you can pick up a tile of several similar shades and place them in chaotic order.
Thus, it is possible to experiment and with the texture – dilute smooth bricks relief. The main thing is that it looked unobtrusively and harmoniously.
Sometimes it is important to use the brick of natural colors: light and dark brown, brown, gray. This is especially necessary for the interior, in which communication with nature is emphasized. Tiles in this case should look natural, without polishing and glaze. Often used and color version of bricks: such a glazed tile can be matte or glossy. Special attention in this case is given to the seams between the elements. Grouting can be selected both in color tiles and neutral (white), and in rare cases use color and even contrasting (for example, white on black).
Now it is fashionable to focus on small details.
In addition to color, the shape of the tile is important. To simulate brickwork, it is important to comply with the rectangular shape of all elements. That’s only in some cases such a apron may look too perfect. Tiles with smooth edges and smooth (and sometimes shiny) surface laid in deliberately strict order, but at the same time sophisticated.
Minimalism – one of the main trends in modern design.
The exact opposite option is artificially aged brick or laying of decorative stone. In negligence there is its charm, because for the kitchen is important informal, homely atmosphere.
With the peculiarities of the choice of apron under the brick for the kitchen, you can get acquainted in the following video.