Zoning space is quite often used for both large and small rooms. There are many ways to divide the room on the zones. One of the most interesting and simple options – the use of curtains. The features of the zoning bedroom curtains will be considered in more detail in this article.
What is it for?
The zoning of the bedrooms usually resort when it is necessary to make a large room more cozy or, on the contrary, a small room – functional and visually more. Division into zones is relevant in apartments where large families live. And also this technique can be used simply to make the interior more interesting.
In the children’s bedroom will be useful to highlight zones for study, games and recreation. As for the room for adults, it may require a workplace in it, especially if the apartment is small, and there is no separate cabinet. And also with the help of the curtains you can make a dressing room in the bedroom.
Quite often in one-bedroom apartments with curtains in the room allocate two zones: bedroom and living room. At the same time, free space in the room will not suffer.
Pros and cons
Separation of the room on zones can be carried out in different ways. Comparing the use of a curtain using other types of partitions, you can highlight a number of advantages.
- To divide the bedroom with curtains, you will not need a lot of strength and financial investments. Curtains are not expensive material, and besides them, you will need to purchase only fasteners.
- To place the curtains do not need to produce complex repair work. It will only be enough to attach cornis to the right place.
- Now you can find a huge number of curtains of various types, materials, styles and colors. In addition, it is possible to order the manufacture of curtains in their sketches, or to sew them independently.
- Lightweight curtains and do not occupy a lot of space, which is especially convenient for zoning a small bedroom.
- If necessary, the curtains can be easily changed to others or remove at all.
- Curtains allow not only effectively separating space, but also hide some room finishing defects.
In addition to numerous advantages, the curtain has its drawbacks. Highlight the main disadvantages of using curtains as partitions.
- Curtains will not be able to use as a soundproofing material.
- The fabric has property to accumulate dust and get enough to get enough. Behind the curtains will need periodic care and washing.
- Curtains are not distinguished by reliability and durability. They can easily spoil small children or pets.
After analyzing all the advantages and cons of the use of the curtains for zoning space, you can decide whether this method is suitable in one or another case. Instead of curtains, other types of partitions can be used, or combine them in one room.
Methods of separation into zones
Separate the space into separate zones using the curtains you can two different ways: frame and suspended. The first method is more time-consuming, as it requires the manufacture of a solid design that will play the role of a frame. Frame size can be the most different. By type, stationary and portable frameworks are distinguished, as well as solid and sectional.
Another embodiment on the zones are the usual suspended structures in the form of karnis. Such elements can be attached on the wall or on the ceiling itself. This option is the easiest, as it does not require special efforts – only to install the cornice, and hang curtains.
Types of curtain
For zoning space in the bedroom there are not all kinds of curtains. Most often use several types of curtains.
- Classic fabric curtains. For the separation of space on functional zones, it is best to use curtains from dense and heavy tissue. If the purpose of zoning is to decorate the room, it is better to give preference to light and translucent options.
- Japanese curtains are several fabric panels that can freely move on the eaves with mobile guides. Canvas, in turn, should be straight and without folds. Externally, such curtains resemble solid solid partitions.
- Thread curtains Easy look in the interior. They skip light well and can create unusual visual effects. Such curtains will not close the separated space completely, so they are convenient to use in the bedroom of adults, where you need to burn a sleeping place for a small child.
- Vertical blinds are another option of light partition. If necessary, separated zones can be simply connected to one, since in the folded state such blinds are almost invisible.
When choosing a curtain, you need to pay attention not only to their type, but also on the material from which they are made. The best tissues for zoning are considered:
If not ready-made curtains are purchased, but a cloth for their sewing, it is best to take cuts from one roll or party. The fact is that in different rolls the material may vary in quality and shade.
How to enter a partition in the interior?
With zoning, it is important not only to correctly divide the space in the room, but also competently enter the curtains in the interior. Thanks to the huge selection of curtains, it will not be so difficult to choose the appropriate option. First of all, it is necessary to take into account the style of interior design.
- For American style, the curtains made of natural fabrics are best. The presence of geometric patterns on the canvases is allowed.
- An universal option for almost all style directions are the curtains of red-brown, beige and gray shades.
- For the village interior, folded curtains made of natural materials that best hang on wooden eaves.
- In the bedroom in the style of Loft, one-photon vertical blinds will look good.
In addition, it is necessary to take into account the assignment of the zone that must be separated. For a dressing room, a suitable option will be dark curtains of dense tissue. Workspace is best organized near the window. Straight curtains will fit the zone. Here you can use dense curtains so that the light is easier to go to the working area.
Baby sleeping place is better highlighted using light curtains of laundry tones. Preference is worth paying transparent or translucent light tissues. Separate adapter adults can be like light tulle and dense curtains.
Curtains can both harmonize with the interior of the room and act as a bright accent. If the room decoration is distinguished by a saturated color scheme and an abundance of various patterns and patterns, then it is better to use one-photon curtains of calm tones. If the design is made in warm shades, then it will be appropriate to use bright curtains.
When separating the bedroom only in two different zones, it is recommended to use one-photon curtains or with a slight pattern. Light partitions of light shades are suitable for visual increase in small room.
And it is also worth remembering that, regardless of the type of curtains, they must accommodate almost until the floor. Otherwise, zoning will be considered ineffective.
Sleeping zone using a tight jacquard curtain with a large pattern. The color scheme of the curtain is well harmonized with floor, sofa and decor elements. This creates a white bed contrast.
Sleeping place can be highlighted with light transparent curtains. Light thin cloth fits perfectly into a modern bedroom interior.
Organza curtains are well suited for zoning in the children’s bedroom. For children, the most appropriate option will be bright and inappropriate shades of the partition.
Dense monophonic curtains divide the room for working and sleeping places. The curtain is chosen into the walls and the ceiling, and the suspensions in the form of large metal rings allocate the partition in the interior.
About how to sew a chart for zoning space, look in the following video.