Wardrobe – perfect storage solution for things. Very often this design is located in the living room. The wardrobe of the corner type is originally and organically in the interior and is very convenient to use. The most important thing is to choose the optimal model, the perfect color solution, correct dimensions and good internal filling of furniture.
Corner wardrobe in the hall – Very common detail of the interior. This is a good way out for not too large apartments in which it is impossible to equip a dressing room.
It is very important that the cabinet is selected in accordance with the common style of the room, as well as in harmonious color.
This design has its advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages include the following:
- The location in the corner of the room helps as soon as possible to use the area of the living room, most part leaving for other purposes+
- The demand for this type of furniture is very large, so any manufacturer offers a huge selection of models, their shades, decorative materials+
- This furniture is extremely preparatory, it can store a large number of not only clothes, but also a wide variety of things+
- You can combine your internal filling option with the features of your family+
- Style versatility – such furniture can be fiction in almost any interior.
It is impossible not to take into account the shortcomings of the corner cabinet:
- The feature of the form implies only the arrangement in the corners+
- Passage for doors occupy a useful space inside the design+
- It is necessary to clean the mechanisms in time and care for them.
Types of structures
In the living rooms you can use different types of angular cabinets. As a rule, the choice of model largely depends on the budget, taste of the hosts, features of the room, places. The price also consists of internal filling, functionality. Distinguish the following types of corner cabinets:
- radius type+
Each of the models looks and is filled in different ways, the cost of the structure as a whole depends on it.
This species, in turn, is divided into cabinets:
- convex type+
- concave type.
They look original, effectively, but their internal filling requires a non-standard approach. Therefore, the cost of them is quite high. In addition, the radius wardrobe will fit far from each interior from the point of view of stylistics. But his streamlined form looks very effectively and not cumbersome.
The corner itself, this model hides, not occupying special space. Very compact view of the cabinets, but their internal filling is quite peculiar and not everyone is suitable. Inside the design, the angles of acute type are formed, access to them may be difficult. They must have lighting. Shelves can not be done too deep.
Perhaps the most spacious of all angular structures. However, it is not suitable for a small living room. In the big room, it will fit perfectly, without having hurting the interior. Often it is complemented by open shelves on the sides, on which books can be placed, decorative little things.
This is the most universal model – regardless of the dimensions, its form remains unchanged. Thus, the trapezium can be both quite large and quite miniature. The trapezoid closet in large size turns into a dressing room.
Since this design is quite deep, it is necessary to consider the system of its internal lighting and properly organize space.
One of the most popular variations, convenient, roomy, allows combining closed sections for storage with an open-module-rack. In the M-shaped closet you can provide for the placement of books, TV zone. The obvious advantage of such a design is the low price, since the modules of the direct angular type are easy to manufacture.
By installation cabinets can be built-in or separately worth. Built-in more compact and practical, they use maximum useful area, allow you to place any sections at the request of the customer. Separately standing cabinets are cheaper, but it is impossible to make changes. In addition, they are standard size, which means to fit them under the features of the room will not work. But they can be rearranged by them if necessary, as they do not attach to the wall.
The built-in wardrobe looks somewhat in the room with high ceilings, unless, of course, does not reduce its design by adding another level, but it will require additional funds.
According to external design, the corner wardrobes are divided into Mirror and without mirrors.
Cabinet with mirror
Some consider it not too safe, but this is an erroneous point of view, they are also reliable as a wardrobe with a wooden facade. The mirror cannot crash randomly, since it is covered with a special protective film. In case you deliberately break the glass, you can not be afraid of fragments.
The mirror cabinet visually expands the space, makes the room volume, deeper. In addition, it is simply convenient – there is something to look if necessary. In addition, the advantage of the cabinet with a mirror can be considered a variety of decorative variations. On the mirror you can apply any drawing, ornament, the pattern corresponding to the overall style stylist. The selection of the decor is huge, it is applied in different ways: a sandy jet or oracle.
The cabinet without a mirror will be good in a bright large living room in a classic style.
The choice of facades is quite large, so you can choose the options of almost any color solution.
For facades of the corner wardrobe, different materials are used. The most popular are the following.
- Mirror. If the living room is small, this is the perfect solution. Mirrors can occupy both the entire area of the facades and combined with wood, other materials. In addition, on the mirror surface you can apply ornaments to taste the customer, thereby reviving the interior. Drawings on the mirror are durable, do not fear their damage.
- Chipboard. Another common option. Chipboard is quite durable, budget will last long. Modern technological processes allow lamination material, giving him any color. It can be like imitation of wood and plastic. However, unusual models of the cabinet cannot be made from the DSP. In addition, it is considered not too eco-friendly.
- MDF and DPP. MDF is more environmentally friendly, in addition, it is possible to form different models from it, even unusual. The gamma of their shades is very diverse + facades can be both matte and glossy.
- Natural tree. This is a status material that allows you to create structures for respectable interiors. It is practical, absolutely safe, serves a long time. But the price is very high.
- Lacobel. It is a painted glass with a film – a safe and durable material that allows you to use different colors. Price category it average.
- Lacomat. This is a glass of matte type with a glossy surface of the rear. Varnish on float glass is applied on one side. This surface is resistant to imprints, different kinds of pollution, the mirror effect is brightly expressed.
- Exotic tree. Most often used bamboo or rattan. These are very spectacular variations in the design of facades, which in certain types of interior will look just great. They are natural, safe and able to organically emphasize the stylistics of Japanese, ecostel.
If you purchase a ready-made wardrobe, you will have to choose from standard dimensions in length:
- 1 m 30 cm+
- 1 m 50 cm+
- 1 m 60 cm+
- 1 m 80 cm+
- 2 M+
- 2 m 70 cm.
The height of the cabinets is usually either 2 m or 2 m 40 cm.
Built-in type for order are created according to the set measurements. Optimal are dimensions:
- from 7 to 10 cm for the height of the base of the base+
- 60 cm for depth+
- 30 cm – width for the radial console+
- from 40 cm to 1 m You can vary the width of the shelves, it is important to meet in the dimensions so that there is no deflection+
- 30 cm – height between internal compartments+
- From 80 cm to 1 m you can vary the length of the bar, but it is not recommended to exceed these parameters due to the risk of deflection+
- Height between rods for long and short things – 1.5 m and 0.8 m.
As for drawers of the drawer, you should follow the following parameters:
- Width – from 40 to 80 cm+
- Height – from 10 to 30 cm.
Color and Design
Creating the design of the corner cabinet – very exciting and responsible occupation. The design should be perfectly fit into the overall stylistic picture, in addition, the color composition should be harmonious. In addition, the cabinet in the living room should look presentable, respectable, status and stylish.
Good functionality must be combined with an external spectacular view. Modern variations of color and material for facades give such an opportunity.
Designers are recommended to consider the following:
- if the main background of the room is a little lighter than the facades of furniture, then it attracts attention to the closet+
- If you doubt what color gamut to choose, stop on white – it is universal and fit into almost any concept of the living room, especially in the matte version+
- Premium interior requires natural wood for facades+
- Natural tree perfectly fit into the Stylistics of Country, Provence, Classic+
- Mirror structures are appropriate in any style and expand space, but they need regular care+
- If you are striving for the creation of an exclusive design, consider the option with the photo printing, it will refresh the interior and give him uniqueness+
- Be sure to consider the size of the room: in bright and large living rooms you can use furniture of any color, in close and dark – only light.
How to choose?
First you need to decide where the closet will be located, then it is possible to think about it. It is important to do the measurement correctly so that the wardrobe fit perfectly into the angle. Better if a specialist will take. After that, you need to choose the material on the basis of aesthetic considerations, general style and practicality. Important moment – budget. The most inexpensive variations are made of chipboard, MDF. The most expensive – from a natural, exotic tree. Remember that the wardrobe must look with the living room in one. Be sure to evaluate:
- The degree of illumination+
- the size+
- Room style.
Discard the decor if the room is small – it will be weighting the overall impression of the living room and narrow the hall.
Designers recommend first to decide on the main elements+
After you think about the location, the number and size of the data of the design elements, you can consider additional equipment. Very convenient to use:
- Mesh shelves for shoes+
- Organizers for small things+
- Special trouser hangers+
- Belt Storage Place and Tie.
Significantly easy to operate the cabinet:
- Internal illumination+
- Automatic lifts+
- Niches for a vacuum cleaner, ironing board, iron.
With the right approach, the wardrobe can be a real dressing room. So that the internal filling does not disappoint subsequently, it is necessary to provide how many things you need to keep in it.
Successful examples in the interior
Original ideas of corner wardrobes for different styles have their own characteristics.
- Classic option.
- High tech.
Tips for choosing a wardrobe-compartment are given.