The quality of drinking water often does not correspond to sanitary standards. Solve this problem and make water clean and safely capable kitchen faucets with filter.
Pros and cons
Faucets in the kitchen with a filter are increasingly used in everyday life for cleaning drinking water. The use of such models with two poles has a number of advantages:
- they give a complete guarantee of actual water purification unlike purchased bottled, which cannot be confident+
- The constant presence of pure water eliminates the need to buy bottled water+
- It does not require a place to store containers with water, cluttering the kitchen, especially if the containers of large+
- Clean water is not mixed with usual, because it is served on individual channels of total+
- These mixers are simply mounted, and after dismantling are easily replaced by others+
- Availability of a large range with different design and style.
However, there are disadvantages:
- Such kitchen faucets have a rather complicated device with numerous compounds, which increases the risk of breakage.
- Replacement filtering materials required.
- Water from a water tap, although purified, is less useful than the real artesian and spring+
- Such mixers have a very high price.
Faucets with a kitchen filter can be divided into two types.
- Stationary (or separate) The mixer that is a small crane with a connection to a plumbing network by one nozzle. Connection to a separately located filter is carried out using a flexible tube.
The valve is installed in the hole on the washing or countertop. Fill the tanks of a large volume from such a mixer is extremely inconvenient and long, since the water jet in it is very weak.
In this case, the car wash has another water crane used in economic purposes.
- Double (combined) Kitchen faucet. It has a more complex device for supplying ordinary water and is equipped with a tap for pure filtered water. Its feature is a three-channel method of connecting to a plumbing network, that is, there is an additional third nozzle connecting the mixer with the filter.
Is also characterized by its feature: it has a two-channel design principle (tube in the tube) and has two outputs. The inner tube with a separate output is designed to supply filtered fluid, and the outer – for conventional tap water.
Therefore, the filtered and tap water is never mixed in the combined mixer.
Combined or 2 in 1 mixers may vary with their designs.
- Models with 1 hole in the exhaust. Plilant contains two channels for ordinary crude water and clean. The base of the mixer has one lever with the switch to the filter controlling the supply of a fluid.
- Mixers having 2 holes. The supply of peeled or ordinary water is adjusted to them with 2 separate valves or levers.
- Faucets with two poles on a common case, one of which can be with a retractable mechanism, which allows to fill the containers of a large volume. They have two pressure jet modes – ordinary and aerated (scattered).
Types of filters
Various filters are used to clean the tap water in everyday life.
These models are installed separately from the mixer under the sink and connected to the water supply. They have a water filtration system in several stages. Filters consist of several containers with filter cartridges that are periodically replaced. Such filters are able to clean the water from chlorine and iron, stiffery salts and microorganisms. They are connected to the mixers using hoses.
The pluses of filter data is their high level of filtration, greater efficiency and ease of use.
Technology of reverse osmosis
Such models have a design of 3 vessels, each of which is equipped with a filter. The vessels are attached on a common case and can be removed. Cleaning includes the following steps:
- Pre-cleaning water from mechanical inclusions, a porous element is used to filter+
- Water is cleared of organic and chemicals and the remaining smaller inclusions, at this stage a carbon filter is used+
- Filtration through a shallow porous membrane, transmitting only aqueous molecules.
These filters are characterized by an efficient and very high level of cleaning. Filtration is carried out without the use of chemical. At the same time, water becomes softer, similar to the rain.
This type of filters is mounted directly to the mixer and is able to clean the liquid from chlorine, small mechanical inclusions, rust. The inner part consists of a special cassette (cartridge), the main filter component of which is activated carbon. Cassettes are replaced after 1-3 months.
Their feature is that connecting to the mixer is required only during filtration. They high quality filter water, eliminating it from unnecessary dangerous impurities. Separate models have indicators resembling the need to change the cassette.
Of the advantages, it is possible to note their relatively small cost and mobility, from the disadvantages – small performance and insufficient sorbent, as well as the need for a binding container for clean water.
Materials and colors
For the manufacture of filter mixers can serve different materials.
Stainless steel and brass For the manufacture of double mixers apply more often than other materials. This is explained by the fact that products of them are better, durable and reliable. Often they are applied with coatings imitating gold, silver or bronze, and then they acquire the corresponding color: yellow, gray-silver or golden brown.
Brass models, Due to the chrome coating with the addition of nickel, they have high resistance to wear, which guarantees a long service life even with a large operational load.
Plastics Also used to make such mixers. Plastic models are characterized by good resistance to the effects of an aggressive environment: they are not subject to corrosion, but do not differ in durability.
Expensive and exclusive models are Glass and ceramic products. Ceramic models, like glass, made of hardened glass of high strength, have good resistance to high temperatures, moisture resistance, are not deformed and not subject to corrosion.
In terms of color solutions, preference is given to traditional golden, silver, bronze shades.
However, there are models of white, black and other colors, as well as decor in the form of color ceramic parts or inserts from multi-colored enamel.
The range of models of the filter mixers is huge and represented by manufacturers of different countries.
The mixers of this Japanese brand are characterized by an unusual design, excellent quality, since each model is tested and meet all standards and the one adopted in Russia.
Model Omoikiri Okinawa-AG It has not only a unique design and unusual color silver or gold color with a yellow or pink shade, but also quality and durability, as it has a brass coating.
Different with ease of operation. These expensive models look perfectly in a rich kitchen.
Faucets of the Franke brand from the Swiss manufacturer exist on the market for more than 100 years. Faucets with a tap for filtered water in terms of its qualities exceed the products of other brands and have only positive consumer feedback. The guarantee for mixers is quite large – 5 years.
Model Franke NEPTUNE CLEAR WATER manufactured at enterprises Italy. Materials are used only high quality, corrosion resistant and rust occurrence. On the excess – two holes, on the case – two levers of switching water.
The model also has a stabilizing membrane, flexible delivery to the water supply, disk-type ceramic cartridges that guarantee a long service life. Price, respectively, very high.
Ukinox – Mark of the Turkish manufacturer, but the faucets are produced in China. The Russian market presents models with a crane for clean water relative to low cost.
Model UKINOX UM 2191 – the best option for washing with 2 compartments, because it has a low (average) height. This combined model with water supply 2 channels has 2 holes in the exhaust and 2 control lever on the housing. The model is characterized by a fashionable design with smooth bends.
With accessible price, it is quite good quality, consumer reviews, mostly positive.
However, insufficient staffing is noted to connect to the water supply, as well as a slightly large weight.
Therefore, it is not recommended to establish this model on a light shell.
How to choose?
Choosing a mixer 2 in 1 with a crane for drinking water, first of all, you need to pay attention to its constructive and specifications.
- Model bandwidth, That is, the volume of water that is served in one minute. This indicator must correspond to the parameters of the water supply network and be in the range of 6 to 8 l / min.
- View of the shut-off valve. The best option is ceramic cartridges or aluminum discs, as they can withstand heavy loads and serve for a long time. Plastic and rubber valves are unreliable, they have a minimum life. Therefore, it is not recommended to acquire models with such locking mechanisms.
- Management method. It can be models with 2 valves or levers, sensory and combined control. The touch method is most reliable, but such models are very expensive. The location of the levers is also important: it should provide convenience when working.
- Dimensions of products. They must match the sizes of the sink. Low models are needed for deep shell, otherwise water will splash. High extensions are suitable for shallow washing so that liquid can be gained in large capacity. Models with retractable expulsion are recommended for washing with 2 or 3 compartments.
In addition, other points should be taken into account:
- Since the cartridges in filters are periodically replaced, the models must have accessible filters that are always on sale+
- Checking the mixer package: it is necessary to have fasteners, hoses for connecting to the water supply system and to the filtering system, as well as a tee, since it is it that distributes water supply to the crane and filter+
- The assembly of the mixer must be high quality so that all the elements fit each other were securely fixed and there were no damages and defects, the operation of moving elements should be checked+
- Preferences need to be given to reliable and well-known manufacturers, and buy preferably in specialized stores.
The design of the mixer and the color solution are also important, and they must correspond to the kitchen interior.
Combined mixers can be installed and connect to the filter yourself. Before installing a new mixer, it is required to pre-work.
- First you need to choose a convenient place under the sink to place cartridges with filters: they must be located so that you can change the filters without interference, and at the same time there was a space for the approach to the siphon and a place for the garbage container.
- Before mounting a new combined mixer, you must first turn off the plumbing in the apartment, closing the cranes on the riser. Then, opening the taps on the mixer, merge the remaining water.
- After that, we should unscrew the wrench and disconnect the hoses from the water pipes and from the old mixer, by unscrewing the screwdriver on the mount under the sink.
- Typically, the mixers are fixed in the holes of the sink using a rubber laying and a clamping plate, pressing the nut. It needs to be unscrewed and then remove the mixer.
- Crane fixation site should be cleaned from the rust and mucus that appeared, wash and process the anti-corrosion agent.
The next step is to install a new crane.
- First assemble the mixer itself: flexible hoses are screwed to the holes. You can twist them manually, and then tighten a little key.
- Then the pads are installed. One is placed in a hole on the sink so that it is tightly adjacent to him. Then you need to insert hoses and skip them through it.
- The second gasket is installed on the crane from the bottom under the sink and fix the puck with screws. Freeways from the crane 2 of the hose must be summed up and connecting to cold and hot water pipes.
- Installation of the filter system itself is easy: the filters of any kind have 2 connection points (output and input) and it is impossible to confuse. For the liner of hoses to the filter, it is necessary to install a tee on the cold water pipe.
- Cold tap water is connected to the entry nozzle with the mandatory use of tee. To the outlet on the filter connected from the mixer the third hose for filtered water.
- The final moment is the installation of the exhaust: it is placed in a special hole in the case and screw the nut.
After completing all these works, you can open the cranes on the water supply.
To serve a double mixer for a long time, uncomplicated recommendations should be performed.
After replacing and installing the mixer before turning on the water for the first time you need to remove the aerator. Water is mocking all the accumulated dirt and garbage during installation. Only after that you can install aerator again. Such a procedure should be done after each disconnection of water and preventive work.
To care for the mixer it is better to use soap solution. It is strictly forbidden to use abrasive sponges, cleaning preparations with acids and solvents.
An overview of the kitchen mixer with two holes is waiting for you further.