The leader in popularity when finishing a bathroom consistently is a ceramic tile. She has not only a wonderful appearance. It is inherent resistance to moisture, which is important for bathrooms with their high humidity. Laying tiles without seams is impossible, so a competent approach to the choice of grout formulations is required, the huge range of which offers the construction market.
Tile laying process ends with fug. And how qualitatively the interior decoration will be made, it depends on both the professionalism of the employee and from the mixture used for the smelting of seams. Battle formulations apply for decorative purposes. If the fugration is perfectly perfect, the tile is correctly selected and competently laid, the surface will look excellent. Correctly chosen majorize the composition you can also correct styling.
But the decoration function is not key. There is a need to protect the glue applied to the tile from the impact of moisture. The service life of the finish will increase significantly. Professionally completed seams makes an excellent obstacle to the appearance of fungus and mold.
All grouts possess their own characteristics that need to know and take into account in the process of work, because different types of its types are coping with tasks with different degrees of success.
Not all kinds of smells for seams are suitable for use in the bathroom.
Review of species
Currently, there are 2 types of mixtures for fugmentation, which perfectly copes with sealing:
- Based on cement+
- Based on resin.
The first consist only from Portland cement or from Portland cement with sand adding. But just a cement solution has established itself as an unreliable tool, because from high humidity it rapidly darkens and is subject to mold formation. Therefore, at present, the properties of such a mixture are improving, adding various components and plasticizers to the main substance.
The color spectrum of these mixtures is limited. They contain only 2 shades: white and gray. This mixture is made in the form of a dry powder and needs water dilution.
Resin-based compounds are divided into several subspecies.
- Epoxy materials are moisture-resistant and therefore enjoy in great demand. Moisture resistance is achieved due to a two-component composition of epoxy resin and cement mortar. This composition provides high-quality filling of the seams, thereby completely overlapping moisture access to them.
Hardeer gives additional strength to Kafel.
- Silicone clamp It is a sealant. It is not intended to close the seams between the tiles, and is used only for insulating tiled masonry from plumbing. This sealant in the conditions of constant dampness in the room will be dark and covered with fungus, so specialists do not recommend using it in the bathroom with its high humidity.
- Many professionals use the lungs in the bathroom in applying polyurethane fugues having increased moisture resistance. For quality characteristics, they are also similar to conventional sealants, but in contrast to them have additives protecting seams from mold and fungal lesions.
- Selection of paste on a latex basis having a huge palette of bright colors, justified for smelting seams at tiles with unusual shades. In this case, there is no problem with the selection of grouting. She will emphasize the effects of texture and design of ceramics. Color over the years will not lose brightness. Latex grouts are characterized by good tolerance of temperature differences and ease of application. They can be used in any room.
- Furana mixtures are almost identical to epoxy. But they exceed them according to the characteristics, as they exhibit resistance to acids. They are little in demand due to dark color. And also react to household chemicals, highlighting harmful substances, so it is not recommended for use in residential premises and in the household sphere.
Used Furanian grout only in industry.
The most popular products of the following brands:
- Connection mixtures Ceresit Concern Henkel+
- Epoxy Grouts Kerapoxy, Ultracolor Plus Italian company MAPEI+
- Mixtures atlas of the Polish Concern.
These manufacturers of finishing mixes produce all their types and all colors. In their products, they use special components of their own development: anti-gribal additives, bocide concentrates, water-repellent mastic, antipleeper, waterproof (in which water flows with drops), organic additive (fights fungi and prevents the development of dispute), latex additives for hardened cement mixtures.
And manufacturers apply innovative technologies for color stability and burnout protection, enhance hydrophobicity.
Products of these firms is expensive, but this is a guarantee of the highest quality material, which over the years will not lose its original properties. Other manufacturers of the most purchased rates are firms Weber-Vetonit, Litochrome, Knauf, Unis, Litokol, Sopro, Vetonit Deco, Kiilto and Isomat.
Correctly selected in the color scheme The rapid mixture will give an aesthetic look and effect of the bathroom, And interior dignity and finish will make more expressive.
- There is a rule by which a single surface is very simply simulated in small rooms: the seams are decorated in one tone with a stuck tile. And in the case when a multicolor or patterned tile is used, the melting must have a dominant shade. And, on the contrary, the seams are not distinguished too.
- When choosing contrasting shades of the Fugue, focus on the geometric drawing of the tile and the bathroom itself. The same principle can be applied if necessary, focus on each tiled element.
- A special expressiveness of the bathroom will be able to give the use of suture maps of bright and saturated tones.
- If the plumbing in the bathroom is traditionally white, and it is lined with dark tiles, then white grout color is the most winning option.
- As for the design of surfaces with a mosaic pattern, in this case, soft pastel tones are preferred, which are well combined with white, and with other shades. A combination of pastel shades with natural and neutral colors will be very advantageous. With a mosaic facing of the bathroom, you should not forget about the use of shimmering, pearl aggregates. You can experiment with mixtures-chameleons, very attractive and suitable for any facing.
- When using transparent compositions, it is necessary to lay a tile on white glue to avoid translucent through the smelter.
- Any coating will be suitable and will be a win-win solution universal white shade. The only exception is not to use a white fugu on the floor where she will quickly pollute.
- The brightest colors of latex and epoxy rates. They add modifying components and varnishes to give them spectacular overflows. Such formulations wonderfully look between shiny or glazed ceramic tiles.
Tips for choosing
Fugation is used to protect, support and framing tiles edges and allows you to improve the quality of work performed, achieve strength and aesthetics of the type of coating. Analyze all the existing types of Fugues and their properties need to be done before the necessary purchase. Diverse assortment of tiles, their composition and design – all this directly determines the choice of molded materials.
It is also necessary to take into account the basis of the composition, the scope, its color and manufacturer. In addition, a comparative analysis of some indicators will help choose the appropriate material.
- Maximum ease of preparation and simplicity of use in cement fugues, the greatest complexity of application and complexity in the work – at epoxy.
- The greatest strength and wear resistance – in polyurethane compositions, smaller – in cement mixtures.
- Best moisture resistance, waterproof and waterproofing – in polyurethane, epoxy and silicone fugues, and the lowest hygroscopicity in cement.
- Shrinkage is completely absent in silicone funds, the indicator is less than the epoxy materials, the greatest shrinkage – in cement mixtures.
- Fast drying of silicone fugue even complicates the application, the frosting of cement maps is much longer.
- Good elasticity in silicone and epoxy fugues. It is completely absent from cement.
- Epoxy and latex grouts resistant to temperature jumps.
- Silicone Fugue has excellent adhesion, the weakest grip – in cement mixture.
- Epoxy and latex grouts have a wide selection of colors. He is small in cement.
- Epoxy fugus aesthetic, does not require antifungal treatment, it has no pores.
- Cheapest – cement fugues, the average price – epoxy, the highest price – in polyurethane fugue.
Disadvantages of core mixtures also have. For example, polyurethane fugues react to chlorine in detergents, and this reaction can destroy the grout, and the epoxy feud is difficult to wash without additional costs. The greatest exposure to pollution from silicone and cement rates. After working with latex putty, it is difficult to wash off the divorces, the seams are not cleaned by steam.
Therefore, an important indicator when choosing – resistance to the formation of various household spots, which are difficult to. And for floor tiles need resistance to abrasion of seams. Foughas for the bathroom should be moisture-resistant, have antiseptic and antibacterial properties: from humidity in the bathrooms are first started to pollute the seams.
Contribute to the correct choice of information specified by the manufacturer on the container. When buying, you need to pay attention to the physical characteristics: uniformity of the consistency, conditions and shelf life, tightness of the container. If there are lumps in the mixture, it means that the storage conditions or packaging integrity are violated. Lumps indicate increased moisture. You must also check Color coincidence with shown on the package. Overdue shelf life – Just reason to refuse the goods.
How to use?
Melting for seams is sold in the form of a dry building mixture or paste. Before use is mixed with liquid to the state necessary, according to the instructions, lugs. Ready-made compositions can be used immediately after purchase. Extra time for the preparation of the desired substance is not required. Pack them into plastic containers.
But, opening the container, it is recommended to use the entire paste at once, otherwise she dries.
Most Economical – Dry Powders. The container takes part of the grout in the right amount, and the residue can be stored for a long time. When using the mixture, it is necessary to take into account the material, structure, color palette of the tile and the features of its operation.
- Glass or Mosaic Ceramics Frames epoxy fugu. This grout can serve and glue.
- For glossy tiles or patterned A good fugue will be from cement of fine grinding, mixtures with the addition of latex, polyurethane mastic, not damaging the surface of the tile.
- When working With porcelain stoneware It is strictly forbidden to use liquid fugues: liquid absorbed into the tile. Cement melting for seams with a decay-selected tone will be the best option. However, this type of smelting has a significant drawback: a small resistance to water. Do not use it in the bathrooms or with the width of the seams more than 5 mm.
- For the lining of the bathroom, more resistant compositions are needed, for example, polyurethane. And for tiled seams on the wall, the best choice will be epoxy. This fugus does not react with chemicals and will allow to use a variety of detergents. However, applying epoxy materials requires greater experience.
What are the grouts for tiles in the bathroom, see the following video.