The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house where there is not only the preparation of food, but also married dinners and meeting guests. Each hostess wants to make this room with functional and practical, modern and beautiful. Today, designers recommend using for finishing kitchen not only traditional materials, but also new types of finishes. Innovative technologies and modern equipment allowed manufacturers to establish the production of liquid wallpaper, which make it possible to create both monophonic and multicolor wall covering.
What it is?
Liquid wallpapers for the kitchen – the current type of finishing material, which is widely used in modern interiors, as they have high hypoallergenic indicators and the absence of unpleasant odor.
The main components included in the liquid wallpaper:
- Cotton or Silk Threads+
- Binding solutions+
- Colored pigments+
- Color Flock+
- marble chips+
Advantages and disadvantages
This type of materials has similar features with plaster and has both positive and negative parties.
First, we list all the advantages that a lot of:
- environmental Safety+
- High aesthetic indicators+
- Wide price range+
- modern design+
- Convenience transportation+
- Wide color assortment+
- Lack of seams+
- Long operation period+
- Lack of toxic separation+
- the ability to add small decorative elements to the mixture+
- Simplicity of application without professional skills and special tools+
- No substances provoking allergic reactions+
- Ability to use indoors of various functional purposes+
- Creating an additional heat insulating and noise insulating layer+
- Ability to apply on non-level walls+
- The high level of elasticity, which makes it possible to use the material for finishing the most complex and problem areas+
- Parry permeability and good air exchange, which does not allow to develop fungi and mold+
- Lack of deformed areas with natural shrinkage building+
- Fast restoration of damaged areas with a minimum amount of time spent and financial costs+
- No electrostatic voltage+
- Temperature resistance+
- Cleaning the room after repair using a conventional vacuum cleaner.
Minuses, their little:
- Low wear resistance+
- Unwanted use in the passing premises+
- Loss of brightness and color saturation under the action of ultraviolet radiation+
- The appearance of yellow spots when contact with iron+
- The complexity of the preliminary calculation of the required material+
- The presence of a large amount of dust during work+
- absorption and long-lasting retention of foreign odors+
- Low moisture resistance+
- Full drying of the composition for 72 hours.
Given all the above characteristics, specialists are recommended to cover kitchen walls decorated with liquid wallpaper, special varnishes and protective compositions on an acrylic or water basis, which will not only increase their period of operation, but also prevent pollution and accumulation of unpleasant odor.
Despite all the measures taken to increase the stability of wallpaper to the action of negative factors, specialists are not recommended from this material to make a kitchen apron.
On the shelves of modern stores, you can see a wide range of liquid wallpapers, which are characterized by baseline raw materials, appearance, operation period, quality and price range. Professional builders recommend paying attention to several types of this finishing material.
- Silk – durable product with high strength indicators and minimal level of smell absorption. After applying the material, the surface can not be covered with a special protective layer. An additional decoration of the finished surface is brilliant and transfusional threads that can be clearly seen in daylight. Disadvantage – high price range.
- Cellulose – Budget version of materials that have a low level of resistance to mechanical damage and wear. Advantages – Low price, the ability to quickly restore damaged sites.
- Cotton – Environmentally friendly products, which include natural cotton. Advantages – affordable price, interesting texture. Disadvantages – low quality, inability to perform partial repair.
- Mixed – Products that are made of cellulose and colored silk fibers. Due to the presence of silk yarns, the product acquires an interesting texture and additional strength, which significantly prolongs the service life of the material. The disadvantage is the impossibility of conducting wet cleaning.
Liquid wallpapers – Environmentally friendly finishing material that even beginner masters can use.
Before you begin to apply the wallpaper plaster, you must finish all the work related to the installation of communication systems.
The main stages of the work:
- Cleaning the surface and elimination of all major defects+
- Painting of all metal parts+
- Application of antiseptic solution+
- Coating the working area of the primer+
- Production of working material+
- applying the composition on the wall thickness not more than 0.3 cm.
If the work is carried out by a rigid spatula, the walls will have a smooth invoice, and using a roller you can create structural patterns.
Despite the simplicity of this composition on the walls, professional masters recommend paying attention to the following recommendations:
- Conduct mandatory cleaning of the working surface from construction garbage and dust+
- Application of special acrylic primer compositions with deep penetration effect+
- Mixing material with water only with hands without the use of tools that can damage thin threads+
- Re-stirring of the composition 25 minutes after the preparation of the liquid mixture+
- Regular wetting of working tools with water+
- Using transparent spatulas+
- To obtain a perfectly smooth surface, you can use a building roller+
- Aligning the corners and all protruding areas with a spatula+
- Creating the most favorable conditions for faster drying of work surfaces.
For aesthetic decoration of the surface, designers recommend using two methods of applying graphic patterns:
To apply on the walls of the pattern using special stencils, it is necessary to pre-stick the base layer of the finishing material and carefully dried and only then begin to transfer the pattern through the stencil, which is fixed to the wall only with painting scotch.
Creating copyright images and patterns is a more painting event that provides for the initial drawing of the drawing of pencils on the prepared surface. Painting patterns must begin with the largest sections gradually moving to less squares. Experts recommend to attach to apply a new layer only after complete drying of the previous one, to prevent mixing colors on their border. To remove excess wallpaper, you can use a conventional wet cloth.
Rules of choice and operation
In order for the selected item to disappoint its quality and the result obtained, Professional builders recommend using the following recommendations:
- Acquisition of goods of only well-known trade brands+
- Unwanted use of cellulose wallpaper for kitchen finishing+
- To obtain an exclusive coloring, you must independently mix a white mixture with a color pigment+
- Application on the walls of only homogeneous composition+
- Using only certified and not overdue goods.
In order to extend the life of liquid wallpaper, you need to care for them.
Wet cleaning is allowed only if the wall surface is covered with a protective layer of varnish. Dust from raw wallpapers can be removed only with a vacuum cleaner. If the surface is still commercially, it is categorically forbidden to touch it until its complete drying.
The following factors can spoil the appearance of this coating:
- Direct sunny rays+
- Mechanical damage to sharp objects+
This type of finishing material allows designers to issue kitchen space in any stylistic direction with the minimum cost of financial resources and time.
The spectacular combination of white kitchen with blue facades will give the opportunity to decorate one of the walls with wallpaper of the same tone, which will give the room of elegance and fill it with air.
The use of steel or saturated gray wallpapers when designing a kitchen will help supplement the stylistic direction of High-tech, which will make the room with modern and unusual.
The ability to create any graphic images is the main advantage of this material, which are used by designers while working on complex projects.
Repair is not only a difficult and tedious process associated with a large number of financial costs, but also a creative project that allows the owners of the premises to reveal their designer talents. For registration of kitchen space, experts recommend primarily use new and modern finishing materials, which will allow to embody all interesting ideas. One of the unusual materials for the kitchen are liquid wallpapers, which every year enjoy ever with great demand. But before starting glue wallpaper, it is necessary to study the technology of work, as well as purchase a quality product of the famous brand.
Read more about the liquid wallpaper for the kitchen, see the following video.