In the modern interior, the kitchens are often found ceilings from drywall, as they not only look beautiful, but also help to correct the flaws of surfaces. In addition, such structures fit perfectly into any stylistic of the room, filling it with a special atmosphere of coziness and home heat.
In order to get the original ceiling design in the kitchen, you need not only correctly pick it up, but also decide on the color palette, decor.
Advantages and disadvantages
The ceiling surface finish with plasterboard is tremended, as it allows you to create various compositions and use numerous lighting options. This material is distinguished by high performance, fully meets all requirements for accommodation in the kitchen room.
The ceiling of plasterboard in the kitchen has the following advantages.
- Masking Communications and Various Surface Defects. With such a simple finish, you can hide pipes and wiring. In addition, the plasterboard is covered with the surface of the ceiling becomes perfectly smooth and smooth, which opens up huge opportunities for creating various designs.
- Visual zoning. Thanks to the mounted designs of drywall, you can originally divide the room for the dining and working area.
- Additional noise insulation. This is especially important for residents of apartment buildings. The ceilings of this species will reliably protect from too loud neighbors.
- Moisture resistance Separate types of plasterboard.
Due to the permanent drops of temperature and humidity for finishing the ceilings in the kitchen, not all building materials can be applied. Moreover, the usual drywall is meaningless to use in such rooms with high humidity. But relatively recently there was a special moisture resistant plasterboard with special impregnations that give him universal properties. To avoid confusion, it is always performed in green.
As for the shortcomings, their little.
- Complexity of mounting work. To install similar designs requires certain knowledge and tools.
- Appearance with time cracks in the joints between sheets. This minus can be considered insignificant, since all the finishing materials during operation are somehow deformed.
- Before installing the design of plasterboard should be prepared for the fact that The height of the kitchen will decrease by 7-10 cm. Therefore, this version of the ceiling is not recommended for small and low rooms.
In all the rest of the same design, the designations are considered the most appropriate option to create a modern and original design.
To date, plasterboard ceilings are represented by various designs, The most popular of which are considered the following.
- Multi-level. Installed on the frame, which is a grid made from profiles and fixed on overlap with suspension. The most important advantage of multi-level ceilings is that they can be easily and quickly hang on any of the ceiling distance or fix to the frame of the previous tier. Thanks to such designs, there are ample opportunities for the implementation of designer ideas.
- Single-level. Used in the event that the height of the kitchen is small and it is classic style for its design. Such a mounted ceiling is characterized by a smooth and perfect smooth surface. Additionally, a backlight or chandelier can be built into the design. In addition, single-level ceilings do not represent difficulties in the installation, they do not require special calculations, even a beginner master will easily cope with their installation.
- Two-level. Different with a huge variety performed. During installation, the frame of the second tier is installed in the framework of the first, thereby creating asymmetric figures, smooth outlines and geometry. The two-level ceiling is selected, considering the features of the kitchen stylistics. So, for example, in classic kitchens, it looks modest – one oval or rounded niche located in the center. For large premises, it is recommended to choose the Baroque style, which involves a rich design in the form of color stretching canvas and painting.
An unusual solution for large high kitchens will be the kestration ceiling of plasterboard. Bunk ceilings in the modern style, they can also have a different modification, but always possess asymmetry and smooth lines.
The figures of the second tier usually have everywhere – above the working or dining area, next to the wall (to correct the proportions of the room), in the center.
As for the figure itself, it can be both simple and difficult: Now in fashion, drop-shaped figures and structures in the form of flowers, serpets, sun. Often, the two-level ceilings are made by combined – one part of the frame is trimmed with GLC, and the other part decor the PVC web.
In turn, the two-level ceilings are divided into simple and complex, the first of which are represented by the following types of structures.
- Frame. Have the form of a bunk box wide up to 1.5m. In the lower tier, as a rule, there are built-in lamps, and on the sides put LED backlight. The advantage of these structures is that during their assembly there is no need to curb profile, as all lines in the line design.
- Diagonal. Characterized by the presence of smooth transitions between the levels that are usually wavy and the kitchen is originally separated in half, located in opposite corners. Suspended design elements are different in size and symmetry. The highest tier is recommended to do closer to the window.
- Zone. Allow tiers to highlight a specific zone in the room. So, in the kitchen of such a suspended ceiling, the room on the zone is originally separated. Beautifully look at similar designs placed in the corner of the room in the form of a triangular protrusion adjacent to the walls.
The complex two-level structures are the following.
- Figured. Allow you to create unusual patterns with your lower levels. So, for example, often in the kitchen can be found around the central chandelier of the composition in the form of a flower. They are usually placed in the center of the kitchen, but other options are allowed.
- Porngy. Represent a pattern consisting of small elements, which is distributed over the entire ceiling area. Install such structures are difficult, but if you correctly perform the work, then the original design.
- Farming ceilings. Consist of a huge number of elements that are suspended at an angle to the base. As a result, it seems that the ceiling is ferry in the air. To increase the effect of the design complement the side lighting.
Kitchen ceilings are one of the most important design elements. In order for them harmoniously fit into the overall style of the room, it is important not only to choose their design correctly, but also color. The following design rules exist when choosing a color palette for ceilings:
- In small rooms, give preference to light tones+
- For spacious kitchens allowed using dark and saturated shades+
- Fill the kitchen with comfort and home heat will help the ceiling structures of pastel tones.
To correct the irregular geometry of the room, you also need to know the feature of the colors visually change the space.
For example, Dark shades “take” volume, and bright, on the contrary, make the room more spacious. If you apply a dark color in design in the form of individual fragments, you can advantageously underline the beauty of patterns and figures. In small kitchens, black and white patterns of ceilings look gorgeous – they are expanding the space and give the modern appearance. Now in fashion beige, dairy and snow-white ceilings, unusually look in the design and design of bright red or green shades.
Plasterboard sheets themselves are of little interest in design, so to create interesting designs, you should think over the decor in advance. The drywall finish is different, the most common options are presented below.
- Coloring. GLC keeps the paint well, besides this, you can paint the sheets in several colors, creating interesting compositions. Today, new designs are presented with combined staining with different textures: painting, “under metal”, matte and glossy surface. It is also allowed in the design of monophonic staining, where the curly elements are isolated more contrasting colors.
- Photo. Similar version of the decor should be chosen individually, given not only personal tastes, but also the overall stylist of the kitchen. Photos of colors and sky uses greatly popularity. To allocate forms in the design, apply the modeling and outlets.
- Oklayka. It is commonly used to decorate single-level ceilings. So, in the style of Provence, the surface of the drywall can be saved with washing canvases with imitation of wood pattern. As a result, it turns out an unusual effect. Get better decorative allows the thermofilm – it is simple in pasting and perfectly imitates the texture of any natural material.
- Plaster. In the kitchen, the ceiling-covered ceiling can be decorated with both mosaic, silk and textured or venetian plaster. In design, where baroque or classics prevails, it is best to choose plaster with a marble imitation, a mosaic plaster is suitable for style. With this decorative material, you can decorate only individual design figures.
Ceiling design also easily diverse bizarre forms with asymmetry.
In modern design, it looks beautifully broken ceiling with a box. It can be made combined, combining in the design of plasterboard with a stretch web.
How to choose?
To choose a design type, you need to pre-assess the form and dimensions of the ceiling, then calculate the number of tiers and know their placement.
In the latter queue, the ceiling decoration, lighting devices and decor elements.
As for the form of the structure, it must harmoniously fit into the stylistics of the kitchen and visually change its space. For square rooms, rectangular structures will fit, they visually stretch space. They can be placed both in the middle of the room, and highlight individual parts of the ceiling, under which the bar stand or kitchen island is located. The original solution for large cuisines will be an angular ceiling consisting of several levels.
In the event that the room is small, designers recommend choosing single-level structures, as complex can make the kitchen low. Similar models need to complement good backlight. For oblong and narrow rooms, the right decision will be two-level structures located above the dining area. They will help you adjust the form of the room and focus on this area.
Such ceilings can be both square and oval.
During the choice of mounted ceiling, it is recommended to pay attention to the decor elements, drawings that must be repeated in the interior. So, for example, if there are furniture with strict rectangular furniture in the kitchen, curly smooth bends should not be present on the ceiling. They will look inorganized and ridiculous. If on one of the walls there is a painting, then it must be continued on the ceiling. It will give some chic.
If the ceiling room in the interior will perform zoning, then you should give preference to multi-level compositions. Each of them is installed at a certain height. Strengthening the effect will help point lamps, they are best set to level boundaries. At the same time, the suspended ceiling can not only divide the kitchen on the zones, but also to perform another function – to hide communications. To do this, mounted above the working area of the box, where the main elements of communications will be placed.
For large and high kitchens, multi-level ceilings with complex figures will be an excellent option. They perfectly fit into any design of the room, it is advantageous to emphasize certain areas of the room and fill it with a special atmosphere of coziness. The only thing to cope with their installation of novice masters is difficult.
If you plan to budget repairs in the kitchen, and all finishing work will be done with your own hands, then the right choice will be simple constructions consisting of drywall and stretching canvases.
To date, there are many design projects for designing kitchens, which provide for the installation of plasterboard ceilings. So, For kitchen studios, experts recommend multi-level structures that allow visually to distinguish between the space between the dining and working area. This option is also suitable for rooms, with an area of less than 10m2. In this case, the installation of two tiers is performed, a smooth wave is drawn up on the edges and illumination from halogen lights is made. Color It is advisable to choose a beige, it will harmoniously combine with wooden furniture.
Unusually look at the kitchens and suspended ceilings in the form of partitions. They possess the original geometry and fall from the ceiling to any height. Not necessarily make such a partition in the middle of the room.
The most important thing is that they present contrast colors and bent lines. This will allow visually expanding a small room.
The original idea can be a hinged ceiling in the form of niche meresol. To do this, it is enough to install the box around the perimeter of the entire kitchen, hiding all the communications into it, and additionally make the transition to the wall, fixing the gypsum shelves on it. On the sides of the shelves, you can perform a finish with imitation of wild stone. To comply with a single stylist in the kitchen, it is recommended on the ceiling also to allocate separate sections with a wild stone.
How to make a ceiling of plasterboard in the kitchen in the form of a wave, look in the video below.