The kitchen mixer must have not only excellent performance, but also aesthetic appearance, because it is an integral part of the kitchen interior. The following requirements are fully responsible for the stone mixer. Sure, Luxury cranes from natural stone have impeccable properties, However, high prices significantly limit demand, and artificial material analogs become a good alternative to natural variants.
Previously, all the mixers were offered from the metal, so these products were boring and monotonous. With the development of technologies it became possible to create mixers in unusual forms and with an interesting design. Options made from artificial stone allow to produce aesthetic models, and manufacturers offer products in the most diverse color. In fact, such a mixer has a matte surface.
The product is based on natural marble or grain granite, mixed with various additives, For example, polyurethane resin or acrylic. An additional element is the coloring component, which allows producing products in interesting color solutions. The most qualitative is the mixer in which granite and additives are contained in a ratio of 80 to 20, respectively. All raw materials used in production is mixed under high pressure influence.
Modern production technologies allow producing products to stone with a uniform structure without voids and other defects. In the stage of the kneading components are made, which ensures uniform staining of the surface. The case of many models can be made of brass, and the coating is solid or combined.
All materials from decent manufacturers are environmentally friendly than the operational properties of the plumbing product from artificial stone increase.
Pros and cons
Kitchen faucet of artificial stone can have both advantages and disadvantages. Consider the advantages of the mixer on the example of the granite model.
- Granite options can be represented in a variety of design. The hostess will be able to choose an instance in the shade most suitable for a particular kitchen.
- The style of the kitchen and the mixer is complementary. So, the kitchen room, equipped with an elegant granite model, looks more noble and elegant, but not pregnant, and strictly and aristocratic.
- This material is perfectly withstanding any temperature modes.
- Granite taps do not absorb fat from products, and the remaining spots are easily removed without risk to damage the surface.
- The coating is distinguished by moisture resistance, and the appearance of the model remains unchanged when constant contact with water.
- Artificial stone is not subject to the formation of mold and fungi, and also easily withstands the impact of household chemicals when cleaning the shell.
- It is easy to care for the coating – it is enough to remove the whole moisture with a soft cloth.
Before becoming the owner of the kitchen mixer under stone, read the disadvantages of this product.
- High price. It is not so translated as when buying a crane from a natural stone, but also it is not available for everyone. Especially since the aesthetically stone faucets look only with the same sinks, that is, you will have to pay for both products from stone.
- A copy of the artificial stone is not so steady withstands cuts. For example, when washing knives, forks or other sharp devices, the surface can be scratched.
- Often on the tip of the kitchen crane under the stone, spraying is erased than its appearance spars.
- The faucet made of artificial raw materials is not so reliable as a product made of natural stone, for example, it is easier to split.
Stone faucets can be granite or marble. It is believed that the first version is somewhat superior to its rival in terms of durability, strength and abrasion. Outwardly both samples look noble and stylish. Kitchen faucets are biennial and one-handed. The second option is more modern and convenient. Two valves, coupled with a noble mixer under stone, are not always suitable for kitchens in modern styles. Also, instances of artificial stone can be classified according to the expulsion:
- Cranes with high emissions+
- with low+
- with retractable.
Usually experts recommend to give preference to a high and retractable option. It is more convenient for the kitchen, because here it often has to pour water into high pots, and with a low spelling it is problematic.
Can be divided by plumbing products and by type of installation. Possible installation in the sink or countertop. The most classic option – Mounting in the sink. To do this, the crane is inserted into a special opening, which is equipped with most kitchen sinks. When installing in the countertop, keep in mind that only the surface with increased resistance to moisture is suitable for this, but even in this case, the constant exposure to water will negatively affect the state and appearance of the tabletop.
How to choose?
An important criteria for choosing a kitchen mixer under the stone are the height and length of the gland. As mentioned, it is better to choose options with high or retractable expulsion. If a low crane is installed in the kitchen, then when washing tanks with high walls, the hostess will have to run into the bathroom every time. As an alternative, the installation of a dishwasher is suitable, and then the crane with low emissions will not deliver problems – wash the fruits and vegetables under it quite convenient.
According to some highly mixer owners, this copy is also not always convenient, since the strong water pressure leaves a lot of splashes around the sink, so buy a tap with high spout for deep kitchen sink. Before buying, read the additional functions of the mixer and decide whether they need in your kitchen and is it worth overpaying for them. So, some models can be equipped:
- Built-in aerator to reduce water consumption+
- filter that protects the crane from garbage from entering, while the filter can be obtained, read and insert back+
- tight or flexible lodging to the device – it is recommended to give preference to a flexible option, it is convenient when the washing is far from the water supply location+
- Wanks and High Pan Cleaning Waters+
- The function of the cumulative boiler, providing access to hot water constantly.
Every option buyer pays extra. Not always the owners need these functions. For example, for a kitchen equipped with a dishwasher, there is no need to buy a retractable watering canal for washing volumetric dishes, and buying a mixer with this opportunity will be a waste of money.
Buying a kitchen tap for stone, take into account both the stylistics of the room. This option is not suitable for each kitchen.
If the kitchen is made in a classic style, then give preference to a two-dimensional mixer made of black granite. Also a suitable solution will be brown, white, beige copies, color gravy grappities. For the premises in the modern style, an arcuate crane is suitable, built into the oval or round sink. It is better that these are models in white or smoky shades, but if the kitchen is decorated in pastel colors, then pick bright mixers: red, green, blue.
For Kitchen High-Tech Choose a crane of diagonal or any other unusual geometric shape, Recommended shades – white, black, gray. Slightly ridiculous stone crane will look at the kitchen in an ethno or rustic style. Loft and urban are also not too successful directions to install such a mixer, but if the product is performed in an unusual color, you can present it in these modern style directions.
About what kind of kitchen faucet is better to choose, look in the following video.