Bicycle bed – that detail of the bicycle, without which he could not drive and hundreds of meters. Bicycles, produced until 1888, did not complete rubber at all – most of these structures had almost naked rim as a wheel. Because of this, the bike was uncomfortable to use – only the ride was able to deprive the forces of the rider even on a flat road.
What it is?
Tires for a bike – essentially, Rubber “shoes”, without which the camera, I hope without a rim, poured or swatched on the slightest irregularity, glass fragment or a piece of wire lying on the road. Tires have an impact on the controllability and passability of the bicycle at the level on which this will not make it any component. From the quality of bike coats depends on how long you will drive or how far we will go on this bike.
DEPENDER DEPENDER DEPENDER DEPENDER DEPENDER DEPENDING ON RIDE ON Wet, slippery, an outlawed road is a security deposit on such a vehicle;.
Choosing a new tire instead of one of the much worn or changing immediately both new ones, consider the weather and the season at which you ride, as well as the quality of road coating.For asphalt, gravel, sandy coating are needed different tires. The more distance you drive off the off-road, rubble or coating of roads from secondary building materials, the more often the wire and broken glass come across the road, the more reserved tire you will need.
For garbageling roads and snow drifts in the conditions of prolonged winters of the Far North also need special “winter” tires.
Each of the tires is marked by the manufacturer. To accurately decipher the product markers requires knowledge of what it consists of. Cycling – this kind of “pie” from several layers. Multi-layered quality, if the technologies used in the manufacture of such a “cake” were not violated, forged. These layers are located in a specific sequence.
Protector – Outer Pokrov Veloshina. Working track, directly in contact with the road coating when a wheel run, which has a clear volumetric pattern. Without it, the bike would slide on the road when braking. Depth (severity) of this picture and determines which roads you can ride. On the sides are the lines of soils. The protector can be:
- positive – The area of the rubber area on which the soils are located is equal to or more furrows used when driving on asphalt+
- Negative – With high primrates with lesser, than grooves for off-road driving, square.
General drawing of the tread and determines which roads can lead to trauma of the bike owner. The direction of rubber tread – one-sided, versatile and asymmetrical.
Without cord, the tire would quickly wrinkled – This is the basis specifying its rigidity and hardness. The corded layer is woven from special threads of artificial origin. The durability of the chamber, more precisely, the stability of the tire to the puncture determines the value called the filament density of the threads. This is the number of stitches that are gossiping the threads, on a running inch of the tires, according to the Eurostandard, it is indicated as TPI (or EPI).
Low-budget tires for road bicycles have a TPI indicator of 24 … 67 units. Manufacturers (especially the majority of Chinese and some Russian firms) partially compensate for this flaw with a greater thick protector layer thick. At the same time, the weight of the tire rises by several hundred grams. Increased strength at highway rubber – 60 … 130 units. Belessless rubber monotubes have the value of TPI to 320 units.
Boring cable – guide without which the tire would take off the rim. It is made of steel wire. In more expensive tires, he twists from the threads of Kevlar. Tires with steel cable – clinker. Their disadvantage is the impossibility of packaging in the “harmonic” (like an air chamber). Kevlar allows you to save on the weight of each tire up to 100 g. When the stripping cable is cut, the tire will be removed from the rim, you should dial speed. After that it is not subject to recovery.
Tire board – rubber layer with higher wear resistance. It is performed in two versions.
- Gumwall – Small shovel density of cordial threads and thick rubber layer.
- Skinwall – Cord with improved thread layer. Thickened rubber is used only on the edge where the tire is in contact with the rim. Dignity – less weight, disadvantage – price of the tires several times higher.
Species, their pros and cons
Pattern and depth, the height of the tread allows you to attribute one or another tire to a certain form that determines the purpose of the product. General pattern – with an increase in the depth of the tread and the clutch of the wheel with an expensive. The illuminated negative protector leads to an additional force attached by the biker’s legs to achieve the same cycling speed.
Slik – almost a stupid tire. Such rubber has only shallow furrows, which flows water when driving around the wet road and puddles. Dirty and wet deceleration can be unsafe for a cyclist.
The slicks are ideal for highway with an improved asphalt coating, when driving on a special (closed) cycle shops. Asphalt with numerous meal repair will also be suitable. Vibration wheels for different from the tire slick takes an additional effort of the cyclist, but this is an exception. Slick is ideal for highway and electric bikes, developing speed over 40 km / h on the highway without a slope in relation to the horizon.
So, in the tires Schwalbe Speed Cruiser The rubber layer is soft enough, which allows you to rotate under a significant inclination. However, dramatically slow down on them is prohibited – Cord can be expounded. The Big Apple range has additional antiprocole layers of Kevlar. The protector with a small depth, but a pronounced relief will give the opportunity to put the tires immediately on both wheels.
CST CITY CLASSIC SLIK – Universal Rubber from Chinese manufacturer Cheng Shin Rubber. Service life – up to 9 months.
Polislicks have a full-sized protector with sides, on the treadmill – small primer and / or grooves, reducing water. On such rubber, you can ride the line in dry days. This is the optimal option for multi-day trips. For example, Schwalbe Sammy Slick Folding Rubber Suitable for urban, and for park ride.Schwalbe Hurricane model put on mountain bikes – it is suitable for sand and highway.
“Mountain” Rubber will suit for travel on the soil, snow, gravel or sand. But it does not fit for long trips along the highway, as it will go up for several hundred kilometers.
So, Schwalbe Racing Ralph provides good rutting in the middle thanks to the running strip of high smoothness, while maintaining good grip with the sides of the sides. Suitable for any roads, including forest. Evolution racing version weighs less than 100 g, but is already suitable for highway and tracks. Continental Race King / Sport adds to the “harmonic” due to soft bordershore. She is also suitable for all roads.
High primate and wide running stripes are characteristic of crossover (urban) type of tires. Fit for all roads. They come across and color their modifications.
Winter tires made from a relaxed compound and can be studded, due to which it allows you to brake and turn on ice with snow. Spikes are mostly mortised. Bicycle Specperimators often screw short screws in ordinary slick or half-ray on the back, laying or placing an additional layer of solid rubber or compound to protect the camera.
However, it is better to take advantage of the ready version.
Kevlar Forershnur “Dammerka” It makes it easy to install such rubber on the rim with overestimated sides. Sealant (“Rubber Glue”) allows you to further increase sealing. When punching the place of perforation is poured by sealant without removing the wheel. A variety of tubeless rubber – airless bike coats – so far.
“Tubular” tire resembles a chamber camera. However, it is a full-fledged rubber containing a corded component. Bolds on the rim through a special. Compared with previous types of tires It is difficult to punch. The second advantage is reduced weight compared to the rest of the tires.
However, there is absolutely impenetrable rubber. Some users trying to make rubber “unhappy”, insert the hose under the tire instead of the chamber or several hoses that are part of each other. But this wheel is pulled out by 2-3 kg, which makes a ride on a bike much more exhausting – it is especially felt when the mountain is lifted.
The best way out is to use tires with anti-precipolized insert, which is placed between the cord and the protector.
The size of the tire is marked with one of the lateral sides. It means the tire diameter and its width, for example, 26 * 1.95 inches. Most foreign and a number of Russian firms indicate dimensions in inches. Top width – its transverse external size in the pumped wheel of the wheel.
The diameter of the tire on the line varies for bicycles of different types.
- 26 inches – predominantly mountain bikes for adults.
- 12, 14, 16, 18 and 24 inches – Folding bikes for adults and adolescents.
- 28 inches – Road (urban, or city), hybrid and highway bicycles for adults.
- 29 inches – purely marketing designation, in fact the diameter of the wheel can be equal to 28 inches. Here is the external diameter, taking into account all the layers of the tires. This value “is bloated” due to the increased width of the rim and rubber in the pumped state. On the narrow rim of the usual roadboard, the tire “NIPER” does not wear.
- 20 inches – mainly BMX bikes. The width of the tire is the same as Mountainbikes (mountain bikes).
Through the thickness (width) of the tires can also find out for which bicycle it will come.
- 18-23 mm – for highway bike. Not intended for Citibians having a wider rim, for fatbikes or “nainics”.
- 25-30 mm – Suitable for road Citys, but not torn to the rim of the Wheel of the Highway.
- 1.75-1.95 inches – Suitable for hybrid, mountain and folding bikes.
- 1.8-2.4 inches – for cross-cantry models.
- 2.5-3 inches – It is suitable for individual varieties of hybrid, mountainous, freeride and downlight bicycles designed to descend from the mountain.
- 3-4 inches – Fatbach’s lot, or bicycles with thick wheels.
The width is indicated in the form of a decimal number – for example, 27.5 * 1.95 inches. It is less likely to record the width in the form of an ordinary fraction – for example, 27 * 1 ¾. It is identical to only tires, where marking is also the same. For beginners, only the choice of the size of the old bike coats and the similarity of the tread.
The ratio of the wider and the tire itself may be as follows (values are in millimeters).
Width of the tire
up to 75
There is also a system of symbols in inches adopted by the French. The width of the tire is indicated in the form of three letters from A to D. Radius or diameter – in millimeters.
With too wide rubber, the cycle bed will quickly get off the rim during the ride, which can cause a drop or a collision with another vehicle. With too narrow – the wheel is not punishable to the desired elasticity, and the punctures will be ten times more frequent phenomenon.
What rubber do?
For the manufacture of external layers of cycle bumps goes Synthetic rubber – artificial rubber (butyl) fiber obtained from petroleum products. For strength, it is vulcanized by gray – here the process of manufacturing Velleshin is similar to the same stages in auto and motors. Natural rubber differs an order of magnitude greater wear resistance, but get it out of plant fibers (it is contained in the global juice of some plants) is quite difficult.
The following layer is anti-patch, made of particularly flexible rubber. In the center of the tire he reaches thickness of several millimeters. If the cyclist rises on a wire fragment from an iron brush lying a nail (on his hat) or a shard from a broken car windscreen, then this layer will absorb cutting force. In many cases, the puncture does not reach Cord, which allows you to save not only the camera, but also not to affect the cord itself.
Finally, Tightly and high-quality woven cord (shape frame) also has a countering item or particle, yet passed through the protector and the anti-looped layer of the product. Kevlar or aramid threads form a grid recessed in the rubber layer. It is more frequent and thick than three layers of the window anti-mosquito, effectively opposes the puncturing effects of fragments and wire. This does not mean that you will freely drive around the places of bottle fragments on the temporary road, where any secondary building material, as in gravel or sand.
With pieces of razor blades, needles from syringes, nails sticking up, or by the stationery buttons, no high-quality tire will not cope, so try not to run on them.
Whatever high-quality bike break – you will not be able to use it 10 years or more. If the auto strokes are able to “run” 10 years, especially from well-known brands, for example, Michelin, then the cycling so much is not extended. Even with proper storage, they crack and will disintegrate over time. Tire – “Perishable Product”: Buying, do not tighten with its installation and use.
The fact is that after 5 years of storage, it loses the wear resistance supply several times, laid in it by the manufacturer. That is why cymagazine and velalainks seek to sell everything purchased on the day before as soon as possible, and the sale, as a rule, is what has already managed to significantly go. Tires and cameras are not a frame and not other metal bike spare parts: from long lying they will become only worse.
The term of the most expensive bike coats – not more than 6 years, and the low-budget product “lives” two times less.
In the cycle market, the situation changes every year, and sometimes every season, so it’s necessary to choose the right one immediately. Among the budgets are common brands from China – for example, Chao Yang, Duro, Stels and a number of others. Often the buyer pays them only for not stopping somewhere in the deaf parcel, facing the need to walk the bike tens of kilometers to the nearest district center or city.
Taiwanese Kenda company produces daily up to 20,000 bike coats and up to 30,000 cycling chambers. This is a recognized leader in sales volumes. This firm produces special bands to the tires, reporting the focus on the rapid wear. Produces a company also tubeless tires.
- Kenda Kwick Roller costs 650 and more rubles. This product is suitable for urban trips or for the city, but not for protracted cycling. You can ride on it and in winter – the slick band with engaging sidewalls well keeps the bike on the descent. Tire is adapted for a cyclenerator due to the enhanced strip side. But in itself, this product will break when run after 2-3 thousand kilometers.
- Kenda Kinetics The price reaches 1290 rubles. Rubber studded, adapted for soft soil and gravel roads, transfers stony areas (for example, driving around the railway mound), slows down well in the mud. Does not allow to accelerate on smooth streets and highway.
- Kenda Kharisma – Price from 1041 rubles. Tire with a mud tread, designed for highway and crossed roads, can go through the parcel, the rolls are satisfactory, the spikes do not interfere with the speed. Not suitable for bicycles in the style of cross-country.
- Kenda Nevegal – costs up to 1 000 rubles. Suitable for sand-clay roads and highway. Allows faster than previous Kenda models, develop speed on the track. Not intended for steep lifting and traveling on high grass.
German company whose production is located in Vietnam and in Indonesia. The company has a flexible pricing system with unchanged quality.
- Marathon Plus Tour cost up to 3500 rubles. Antiprocole layer SmartGuard Pattern, hardy when drips on glass fragments, buttons, Hats nails and t. D., absorbs vibration when driving. Cord is made of compound. Suitable for any roads except off-road. Reflective strip on the sidewalls will make a cyclist noticeable on the road at night.
- Racing Ralph has a similar price. Triple Cord, the product itself is designed for “Nailer” in the style of cross country. It is suitable for multi-kilometer marathons. Suitable for winter trips, even by “Shuga”, as well as on the rocky trail. Allows the cyclist to quickly accelerate on the track. Sharply limited validity – aggressive ride quickly breaks such rubber.
- Nobby Nic stands up to 1850 rubles. Triple Compound in Cord, Elastic and Soft Rubber. Turning tires tread. Suitable for mountain bikes. The product allows at the speed to pass a steep turn during shower. Suitable for driving and in the snow. On this rubber it is easy to warm up, but it is difficult to maintain a long time.
- Smart SAM – price up to 1900 rubles. Created for travel. Katit well and fits turns – due to the special structure of spikes, keeps when turning on a wet and slippery road. Self-cleaning protector and sidewalls.
The oldest plant, which since the end of the XIX century specializes in Velio and Autoresine. 2nd rating in Europe. Patented enterprise for self-refining tires and anti-slip rubber.
- SPORT CONTACT – Price up to 2690 rubles. Triple Cord from the compound and threads, does not slide and in wet weather, and on the marble-glass surface. Confidently passes up to 3,500 km before smoothes the tread pattern. Tire is complex in montage due to thicklights.
- Continental Grand Prix 4 Season It has a large margin of strength due to the enhanced side of the carbon fiber. Ideal for racing on broken asphalt. It is made of premature wear resistant, but a softened compound.
Taiwanese manufacturer using Japanese, American and European technologies.
- Minion DHR II – price up to 3440 rubles. Created for descent from the mountain and mountain routes. This tire is recommended to put on the rear wheel. Adapted for rapid passing of turns, liquid dirt, wet roots and gravel. Protected from sharp blows.
- Larsen TT – Up to 2600 R. Stressed compound, faster passage by gravel. Dirt and stones do not interfere with good clutch. You can climb the mountain on the grass after the rain. The product is also protected from sharp blows.
French manufacturer with two-dimensional history. Inventor of cycling tires repaired in 15 minutes. Has 70 factories located in 18 countries. Honored industry leader. Excellent quality at low prices.
One of the most popular products – Protek Max City worth up to 1000 rubles. Suitable for urban cross-country and tourist routes. It has a steel berthrur, a single-meter antiprocole layer, a light-growing ribbon on the sides, mitigation of vibration. There is no slip on wet asphalt.
Tips for choosing
To choose the right bus in the store, do the following.
- Spend your finger with a noticeable force – there should not be a track from rubber.
- Pull out for any of the beggars on the side – it must stretch. It speaks about the elasticity of rubber.
- Check if there are defects in the area of the borough.
- Select tires with high TPI and special protection+
- Pump the wheels to the pressure shown on the bus+
- If the kit comes the antiprocol ribbon, put it under the chamber.
Do not drive without repair kit (glue, sandpaper and rubber bands from the old camera). Take with you an adjustable key and screwdriver, helping to remove the wheel and tire.
About how to choose a tire for a bike, see the following video.