Pedagogy today pleases parents with numerous methods of development and education. Modern children get acquainted with modeling techniques and appliques with almost diaper, and surprise them with ordinary techniques is becoming more difficult.
Iris Folding for children – an interesting and exciting occupation, promoting the development of small motility.
What kind of technique?
Iris Folding for children originated in Holland. The technique is considered one of the types of applications that appeared more than 70 years ago.
Despite such a significant period of existence, In Russia, Iris Folding appeared not so long ago, however, was able to interest not only parents of children of preschool age, but also kindergarten educators. The technique is often used in classes on non-standard types of creativity, expressing its positive impact on children.
Advantages of Iris Folding for the development of children:
- Fastening scissing skills+
- Development of accuracy+
- Development of taste and ability to combine various color gamuts in work+
- Development of small motility+
- Education of the feelings of the beautiful and development of fantasy+
- Development of skills of working with various materials, including natural+
- Securing account skills.
Through this method of execution of appliqués, children are happy to create pictures and postcards who please the richness of color and volume. Iris Folding in translation means “Rainbow Folding”. Concept This is associated with two inalienable style characteristics. First, the picture is obtained irident and bright, and secondly – her species resembles the iris eye or the diaphragm of the camera.
So, the main feature of the application in this style is the presence of a scheme consisting of one square, in which smaller squares fit alternately.
The sides of the figure are numbered. At the same time, the location of geometric shapes creates angles that are subsequently filled with colored paper, scrap paper, satin ribbons, fabric, foil, prudent or natural materials.
It should be noted that For the basis of the scheme, in addition to the square, triangles and polygons can be taken. When working with preschool children, educators prefer simple figures, such as a square or triangle.
When filling in the scheme with colored materials, the bulk picture appears, which must be given the form. This form is denoted by any template, for example, in the form of a heart, the figures of the animal, leaf and t. D. The base pattern is cut out of dense cardboard using a stationery knife, after which it is attached to the diagram itself. Upon completion of the work, the extension is closed by another sheet of cardboard.
Iris Folding does not require any special skills and can be implemented through ready-made schemes, Sold in the Stationery and Salons of Creativity or on the Internet. In addition, the schemes can be painted personally, armed with a sheet in a cage, a ruler and handle.
With simple pictures in the technique of rainbow folding, preschoolers from 5 years can cope, and sometimes before, when the child’s skill, cut the colored paper on the strips along the lines and the presence of perfection. You can work with children with natural material, for example, dried autumn leaves, however, the risk of damage to rainbow strips is great.
Before working, we prepare the necessary tools:
- Colored paper+
- Cardboard sheet+
- Finished scheme+
- PVA glue+
- Double-sided tape+
A detailed master class will help affordably and simply explain to children the task and perform in stages and unmistakably work in this technique. It should be started with the preparation of the future parts of our creativity, which is performed personally without the participation of preschoolers.
An adult algorithm such.
- Print schemes with squares in the form of a heart-shaped.
- Cut the schema.
- Prepare templates. To do this, you need to take a sheet of dense cardboard and fold it in half. On one half in the middle we apply a cut-out heart chart and circle.
- With the help of a stationery knife or thin scissors cut out a heart from cardboard. The figure itself is no longer useful for us, unlike the cardboard blank-stencil.
- Using a clips, we set the circuit on the front side of the cardboard pattern so that Rainbow Squares of Iris Folding appear in the hole for the heart.
- Cutting sheets of colored paper on a strip of 3.5 cm wide.
If the finished scheme was not found or simply, I would like to make yourself easily get used in this kind of creativity from scratch, you can independently develop a scheme.
For this you need:
- Take a sheet in a cage and draw a square, each side of which is 10 cm+
- clockwise number the sides of the square+
- From each side of the square, count 1.5 cm and draw the inscribed square, which lies to the main figure at an angle+
- Number face+
- from a smaller square also count 1.5 cm each side and draw another square, smaller in area+
- It is worth numbered the parties clockwise+
- We continue to draw inscribed squares+
- The latter, the smaller figure is located in the center.
The scheme is ready and resembles a diaphragm of the camera. Geometric shapes in it like a spiral.
This preparatory work of a parent or educator ends and begins fascinating children’s creativity. The child’s algorithm will be such.
- Preschooler chooses those colors of paper that he would like to connect in one job. In our case, you will need three different colors.
- Cut the selected sheets of colored paper on strips, which are previously paid for adults.
- Fold strips in half in length.
- We start posting on the scheme from the figure “1”.
- We continue alternate overlapping strips. 3 strips falls on 2, 2 on 1 and t. D.
- Each strip clip in scotch or with the help of glue from two sides to a cardboard pattern. With an excessive length of the strips, their edges are cut off.
- The second half of the cardboard we wash the plow glue, apply and close.
- Turn over and smoothed the resulting picture.
From the finished picture you can make an independent crawler or diversify it with a postcard, gluing to the front side.
Note that the most simple in the execution for the child is quite large paintings with a small amount of colors (2-3) and a small number of inscribed geometric shapes.
Such crafts include a Christmas tree with a scheme consisting of inscribed triangles, maple leaf, fruit images, Easter eggs and other figures that do not have thin bends.
The gentle image of the swan is made of three types of paper, including packaging. An eye-bead eye is used as the final element.
Bright bearings made of pastel tones of dense colored paper includes four colors and created using a scheme with inscribed triangles.
Rainbow Easter Egg in Technique Iris Folding has become a bright postcard element. The scheme of the inscribed rhombuses makes a rainbow folding thinner, and the decor in the form of flowers from the tapes and the central decoration complements the exquisite postcard.
Rainbow folding in the form of fish is perfect for beginner masters. A small number of details will help the child not to make a mistake and independently perform.
New Year’s postcard in the form of a bell is made of glossy packaging paper of various tones, but combined with one pattern. A good supplement has become bright beads and velvet paper decor.
With how to create crafts in Eris Folding technique, you can also get to know the next video.