Technique Kanzashi – Special art of Japan. With the help of technology, create unique petals, which decorate hairpins, rims or interior. This article will talk about the features of art, types of petals, as well as about making methods.
The technique of creating the petals of Kanzashi appeared in Japan about a hundred years ago. Translated from the native language “Kanzashi” means “stuck in curls”. Women created manual decorations, collected flowers from them and decorated combs, studs and hairpins. At that time, materials such as a turtle shell, metal, bone, wood and silk were used for decorations. Petals could be of various shapes and sizes.
The art of Kanzashi did not lose their popularity in the modern world. Today there are many varieties of technology. One of the popular species – Khan-Kanzashi. Leaflets are created from silk tape cuts. Production principle is similar to origami technique. Each element is made separately. At the end of the petals is going to beautiful flower. Compositions may consist of 10-100 petals depending on the type of flower.
For the decoration of the finished product use beads, beads, rhinestones and other decorative elements.
Kanzashi leaves are divided into two main categories: sharp and round. However, with a large fantasy, you can create unusual multilayer products of various shapes and volumes.
There are the following versions of petals:
- Simple sharp – this option has several subspecies: double and triple+
- simple round and double+
- from a tape having a width of 2.5 cm+
- Rounded products from tape 5 cm+
- Fantasy, original petals with one fold+
- Three types of triangular petals from satin ribbon in 5 cm+
- Tulip petal+
- Big flat+
- with curl or ears+
- Combined complex – in one acute is a round petal, an accessory can be two-color+
- turned from acute and rounded options+
- Made by lush camellia or star pattern+
- Heart form+
- Spiral, twisted+
- volume with wrapped tube.
Tools and materials
Kanzashi leaflets are made of sections of various materials: Parcers, Organza, Silk, Atlas. Needlewomen with experience prefer to create products from some one fabric.
As a rule, petals are manufactured from Satin material or silks. It is also necessary to take into account the tissue density. Dense material supple in operation, and the finished product perfectly holds the form.
The most common material for Kanzashi is satin ribbon. The finished composition of the tape is not deformed and saves the form. For various petals, the ribbon is 1-5 cm wide. For beginners, it is recommended to use a segment of a width of 5 cm. With such material it is easier to work.
Before the start of the process of creating leaves, it is necessary to prepare a place to work. Creating products must be performed on a flat surface. If work occurs at the table, its surface must be protected with wooden board or large tiles.
This is done so that during the sizing glue did not hit the surface of the table top.
For the manufacture of petals, the following tools and materials will be required:
- sharp scissors with long blades+
- Tweezers for retention of products when folding and firing+
- Line for measuring fabrics – some needlewomen use ready-made patterns in the form of squares that have the necessary size for the petal, the square is applied to the material and cut out+
- Transparent glue – for compositions suitable “moment” and adhesive gun+
- thread must be one color with ribbon – it is recommended to use silk threads, as they are more durable and thin+
- Non-fat needle+
- chalk or pencil for marking on templates+
- Candle is necessary for roasting the edges of the petals, you can apply a lighter, but it is inconvenient – when the candle is fired, both hands remain free, while only one of them remains free when using a lighter.
Manufacturing Kanzashi requires maximum Care and Affectedness. For each option, the petal has its own scheme. It should be considered ways to create all types of petals with your own hands step by step.
The first master class will tell how to make a simple sharp petal.
- For the manufacture you will need a piece of ribbon from satin width 5 cm. Edges must be melted.
- A piece of ribbon must be added diagonally, while holding a tweezers.
- Cut the angle and base of the triangle. It turns out the petal. Slice line to burn to the thread did not break.
So not very trifle ways make a double or triple leaf. To do this, before pruning, it is necessary to fold several petals together. You can use multicolored pieces of material. To bonding a few products use a silk thread.
Sharp petals can be used to create a crown or complex compositions by templates.
Basic items of technology are round products. They are made volumetric to create beautiful flower lush. Folding a round leaf is considered the simplest technique with which even beginner crafts.
- Fold squares from the ribbon diagonally. Check the corners.
- Hold the product with tweezers so that it does not spread.
- The lower edge is cut and burn.
- Side angles need to bend back and secure. Round petal ready.
Such a sheet is needed to create volumetric compositions. The volume of the finished product depends on the number of flat petals.
There are two main ways to manufacture a product. First An option involves cutting parts necessary for a template. In second Embodiment Petals are made of a wide piece of ribbon. Squares cut out of it. The workpiece is made up diagonally so that the straight angle is located at the bottom. Then you need to break sharp corners and connect, after which the petal formation occurs. Excessly cut off, edges are treated with fire. Additionally, you can give the product an interesting form.
Sophisticated with fold
- Take a piece of ribbon 5 cm wide, collapse diagonally, bend angles.
- The resulting squared is cut down the bottom. The remaining edges are compressed on the sides.
- Opening a sheet with a fold.
- Cropped up too much.
- The edges are cut and the finished petal fasten the thread.
- Need pieces of narrow tape. The length of the segments should be two times more width.
- Ribbon flip inside out, bend and fasten the corners.
- The front side will look like a billet with a semicircular riding. Sharp corners details need to bend on the sides inside. Then flash small stitches.
- Pull the edge, while pulling the thread.
If the petal is done correctly, the burning of the edges will not need.
Need green 2.5 cm width ribbon. From the material cut blanks up to 10 cm long. Elements are folded in half and cut diagonally. Products can be cut by a soldering iron. The tool immediately processes the edge. It turns out several blanks. One is similar to a kule. It is used as a leaf or part for fixing rose buds.
The second blank is used for the manufacture of rounded leaf. The top of the part is cut in the form of a semicircle. Edges burn and stretch.
This is done to give a wavy sheet. The bottom is assembled by thread.
- Take two cuts of tape 5×5 cm and impose on each other.
- Clamp a tweezers three ribbons. Leave the first and twist in the spiral. To reliably fix it, you can go with glue or pierce the needle.
- Drill the edges of the ribbon in a sharp petal.
- Cut the edge.
With a spiral
- A pair of pieces of tape 5×5 cm will be required. Ribbons glued down from the right edge for reliable fixation of the spiral.
- Edge capture tweezers and twist up to the middle.
- Cut and burn the edge.
- From the bottom of the cut unnecessary, but not yet burn.
- Create a two-tone sharp petal and glue a blank with a spiral.
- Wrapped the folded triangles around the twisted element and stick it.
- Cut down the lower part of the petal together with twisted and fall.
Like the two previous options, the product with curl consists of several pieces of fabric 5×5 cm. You can apply fabrics of different colors, for example, a blue shade and pink. To create a new product you need to fold pieces of fabric diagonally. Pinkish cut turn around the right side of blue. With the help of a tweezers, the right edge wrap in the tube. Need to do just a few turns. Fix glue. Right edge with tube bend back and turn to yourself. Crop the excess part and burn the product.
From two-color material
Two squares of ribbons of different soles will be required. Each segment of the fabric adds to a triangle. Products are superimposed on each other with a small indent. Products are glued down by the creation scheme of a sharp petal.
Manufacture of canzashi leaves – an interesting and exciting process. Some manufacturing methods are so simple that even a beginner needlewoman can cope with them.
About how to produce petals in Kanzashi technique, see the following video: