Tango is one of the most spectacular and mysterious dances around the world. It gets around passion and restraint. Therefore, he perfectly conveys human feelings and emotions.
As in which country originated?
The origin of this dance dates back to the 80s of the XIX century. His homeland is Argentina. In those days there were poor emigrants from Latin America, Africa, as well as South and Eastern Europe. Together with fink sailors and convicts, they created their community with a unique style of life. It was there that was born spectacular dance.
Tango has a lot in common with the directions such as Cuban Khabanner, Spanish Counsels, Latin American Candomba and Creole Milonga. Initially, the dance was performed under the eclectic music that the people from Africa and Latin America played.
There are also several versions of the name of this dance direction.
- African. On the territory of East Africa, in Tanzania, there is an area called “Tanga”. In the Congo, the word “tango” denotes the “circle” or “closed place”. It was this word that the closed meetings of free emigrants who lived in Argentina were designated. It is possible that the name of the dance has African roots.
- Latin. The most common version is the origin of the dance title from the Latin verb Tangere. He means “touch”, “touch”. The dance itself provides maximum proximity of people. Therefore, such a version is justified quite.
- Spanish. According to this version, the dance name is happening from the Spanish verb – Taner. He means “Playing Musical Instrument”. The meaning of such a name is completely understood.
It is worth noting that only men were tango.
They demonstrated their dance skills to each other, and also simply spent time. Women did not participate in such entertainment. But over time, men began to invite to dancing girls of easy behavior.
This explains the passion of dance. In addition, thanks to them, a female traditional dancer suit appeared, consisting of a stiletto shoe and a narrow dress with a slope on the hip. The outfit of men dancers has always been simpler and restrained. They wore loose costumes and comfortable hats with narrow fields.
For a long time, Tango treated neglect. He was considered a dance of ordinary people. Most often tango danced in brothels. Therefore, it was treated as a dirty dance.
The situation began to change in the twentieth century. At that time, the dance was introduced in Europe. It is believed that the Tango originally saw in Paris. And only then the dance began to spread through other major cities in Europe.
The “golden age” tango is considered the period from the 30s to the 50s of the twentieth century. Then a large number of talented performers appeared. Dance evenings used popularity, which visited a large number of young girls and guys.
In the second half of the 50s of the last century, the situation has changed. The attention of young people switched to rock and roll, and Tango became more theatrical. Interest in Tango returned only in the 80s of the twentieth century. Then modern schools tango began to appear around the world. In Russia, the dance began to acquire popularity only after the collapse of the USSR.
In the modern world, Tango is engaged in both professionals and amateurs. Spectacular dance attracts representatives of various social and age groups.
Review of species
Now there are several basic varieties of tango. They have their own features and distinctive features.
This dance is called social. His essence is to receive pleasure and communications with a partner and others. Argentine Tango is considered the most authentic. Dance it under classic melodies. There are several different styles of Argentine tango.
- Fantasy. This dance is considered one of the most eccentric. Scenic dance is a rapid step, as well as a large number of intricate poses.
Dancing tango fantasy, couple usually tells a dramatic story for which it is nice to watch.
- Kangenge. This form of tango appeared in the 90s of the XIX century. For this dance, close arms and movements towards either forward. Dance also looks spectacular and non-standard.
- Orillero. For this dance, a quick rhythm is characterized and a large number of complex movements. The peculiarity of this style is that partners are at a distance and can take steps without hugs. He does not use much popularity.
- Milongero. This dance is characterized by maximum bodily contact. During movements, partners come into contact with shoulders and actually rely on each other.
- Salon. Improvisation is permissible in this dance. Therefore, partners are almost not limited in movements. In addition, the position of dancers in a pair is more open. Especially if you compare with Milongero.
- Nuevo. The name of this dance translates as “New Tango”. This direction appeared in the late 80s of the last century. Founded him Gustavo Navaire. This style is deocratic enough. The position of partners in the dance is open.
For all these styles, expression and emotionality are characterized. Therefore, Argentine Tango is ideal for those who want to learn to dance at the amateur level.
This dance direction is the cultural heritage of Finland. National features of Finns are clearly traced in it – delicacy, tactfulness and softness. It is characterized by large steps, as well as soft, but close contact of the hulls, hips and feet of partners.
This is a sports dance that is part of the European Program and participating in most international competitions. From the Argentine tango, it is distinguished by a high speed of movements, as well as the absence of improvisation. Dance is deprived of passion. All steps there are clear and verified.
If the Argentine Tango is aimed at studying a partner or communication, the Ballie is focused on conquering the public and demonstrating their skills.
The music that is dancing it, is distinguished by rhythm and clarity.
Music support is essential for this dance. Traditionally, music for tango is played by a small orchestra consisting of double bass, violin, two gangs and flutes. But if desired, the melody can be played on one or two guitars. Choosing a tango melody, you should pay attention to several most popular options.
“Por Una Cabeza” – the name of this melody is translated as “lost head”. She was written during Tango’s heyday, in 1935. The author of the melody is Carlos Garde. She received universal popularity after the release of the film “Smell of Women”. Tango Al Pacino and Gabriel Anvar performed under this melody. The musical work sounds very beautiful and remembered for a long time.
“Espuma de Champagne” – this melody was written in 1935. Two years later, she appeared in the USSR. There she immediately won the love of the public. Now, many representatives of different generations are also dancing under this melody.
“La Cumparsita” – the author of this composition is Gerardo Hernan Matos Rodriguez. He wrote her just 19 years old. Composition is known worldwide. Tango lovers are able to learn it from the very first notes.
“Hernando’s Hideaway” – a famous melody was written in 1954. Starting from that time, she did not even sound in many television shows and films. This is what brought it worldwide fame.
Dancing tango best under live music. To receive a real pleasure from dance, you need to listen to a large number of different musical compositions and choose for yourself the most suitable and moral.
How to learn to dance beginners?
Learn to dance tango enough. There are several ways to master the basic movements and the main steps.
- Training in the studio. There are many good dance schools now. Attending tango lessons can both children and adults. Learn to dance in such a school you can quickly. The main thing is to regularly attend classes, follow step-by-step instructions and not be afraid to make mistakes. Before signing on classes, it is important to learn all the necessary information about the selected school and teachers working there. If there is an opportunity, it is first to visit a trial lesson.
- Training with a personal choreographer. Many people to explore the basic dance figures need additional attention to the teacher. In this case, dancers are best to apply for help from a professional choreographer. He will not only show the master class and explain the features of the dance, but will help you quickly master the necessary movements. Learn standing on professional dancers.
Do not be afraid to change teachers if they seem unsuitable.
- Online classes. Thanks to the development of technologies, dancing can be studied independently. On the Internet there are a large number of videos. Studying them at home, person can also understand the scheme for performing basic dance elements. But many consider this method of studying Tango far from perfection. After all, the essence of this dance is to interact with the partner. In addition, in this case, no one can specify a novice dancer on his mistakes. So he can learn to perform some movements wrong.
To learn how to dance tango, learning needs to be given at least a couple of hours a week. Regular lessons and constant working out of movements are very important. You can practice both in the hall and at home. Best do it in front of the mirror.
During the dancing, a person should not forget about the following rules.
- Keep posture. Dance arose in the poorest areas of Argentina. But over time he developed. Special attention has always been paid for posture. To dance tango correctly, the modern dancer needs to control your body. His back should always be straight, belly – drawn. Head during dance must be kept slightly raised. In this case, movement will look beautiful from.
- Observe rhythm. Traditional rhythm tango consists of several main movements that are constantly repeated. Move partners always in a circle and counterclockwise.
- Choose comfortable clothes. Going to training, it is worth choosing simple and loose outfits. In this case, nothing will fight the dancer, which means that his movements will be light and beautiful.
After examining the foundations of the tango, you should not be afraid to go to dance evenings. It is a constant practice that will help develop their skills. Beginners are recommended to dance with different partners. It will help better understand your body and develop an individual dance style.
How to learn the basic steps tango, look in the following video.