Decoupage technique is suitable for those who want to make individuality, comfort and beauty in their interior. This is a handmade, which is highly appreciated all over the world, because it is with her things capture the part of the love and peace of mind of their master. Decoupage translated from French means “cut”, technique implies sticking cut out pictures on the surface of objects.
What you need to work?
It is better to start changing your interior with small items. Then decoupage can be transferred to furniture and finish with walls and floors. Works will depend on patience, wishes and masters. For decorating you should be as follows with the following tools and materials.
- Choose any picture on paper, for this use magazines, colored napkins, posters, newspapers, photos, pictures from wallpaper. In stores on needlework, you can buy ready-made decoupage cards or rice paper.
- Gypsum primer or mixture for complex surfaces.
- Tonal acrylic paint.
- Decamental glue or PVA, diluted with water in equal parts.
- Varnish for the selected type of surface and finishing coating.
- Soft brushes, sponge for cutting paints.
- Sandpaper. For paint removal, you need to use grinding tools.
- Alcohol-containing liquid will be needed for degreasing the working surface.
Materials for decoupage is easy to find in construction stores, outlets on needlework and online stores.
How can you transform furniture?
Furniture and household item products are most often used to decorate decoupage technician. Much less often it is applied on the walls, floor, ceiling, windows. Decorating furniture, you need to understand that not any style in the room can take a decoupage.
If one of the following directions is observed in the setting of the room, you can safely start working.
Almost all kinds of country choose bright pictures with the image of flora, fauna and folk ornaments. Furniture should be simple, Decoupage technique will help her centenary, imitating cracking of varnish and paint.
The style of the French village also belongs to the village directions, but in contrast to country, it is characterized by gentle pastel tones and the elevated surfaces. For furniture you can choose Method of artificial formation and color print.
Furniture in this direction, at first glance, it is difficult to distinguish from the style of Provence, the same elected, and in pastel colors. The difference is that Provence objects must have a simple rustic species, And Shebbi-Chic furniture, rather, is similar to an antique, imitating the situation of a rich past.
In decoupage of this style, use techniques of blurred boundaries and scuffs.
For design furniture This style uses Deopatch technique, this is a type of decoupage. It represents Meanous stagnation on the surface of cut or torn pieces of pictures.
In this case, it is better to use a black and white newspaper or photos.
Working with the furniture of this style, you will need certain skills. Perhaps the use of Potali (the finest metal sheets imitating the gold surface). For Victorianship characteristic Golden, Green, Blue Shades.
Choosing pictures, you can pay attention to the plots of hunting, floristics, still lifes.
In the decor of the furniture, black and white variants of the pictures are used, pastel tones can be connected.
If one of these styles is present in the setting, you can proceed to the conversion of furniture. Consider the main process of working in the decoupage technique, it is used for any piece of furniture and things that need decoration. Small differences will be subject to material (wood, glass, plastic, metal), as well as in the use of additional techniques (cracker, patina, potal). In the future, we will only make corrective descriptions of working with floor, door and t. D.
So, the sequence of actions in the work of decoupage technicians is.
- From the surface of the furniture to remove all the accessories, clean it from old paint and sand.
- Put on putty all the cracks and cracks and then primed a smooth layer.
- After drying out several layers of tonal acrylic paint.
- Sliding surfaces (glass, plastic, ceramics) should be deguted with alcohol, tin coatings – water with vinegar.
- For better clutch, the pattern with the surface is cleaned with sandpaper.
- Before you get furnished with pictures, they should be prepared. For this, over 20-30 seconds, they are soaked in water and carefully remove all layers of paper, leaving only the last, depicting. Roll movements produce from the center to the edges of the drawing.
- Decamental glue (or diluted PVA) is applied to the furniture surface and gently glue the image, collecting it from fragments of pictures. Each piece of drawing is carefully moving with a wet brush.
- After drying up with the application, you can work in any technique: to draw paints, growing the background, to create a varnish varnish, apply a mother of pearl, gilding.
- After complete dyeing, the work should be covered with several layers of varnish.
How to reap the door and windows?
Very impressive interior in which the decoupage of the doors and windows support each other with a single style. But if there are no strength on the grand projects, you can decorate only the window frame or part of the glass. The door will also look perfectly in the performance of decoupage techniques.
Especially it should be decorated if she lost attractiveness or tired of her color, the ability to update the design without much material costs.
The door can be the starting point to continue to switch to furniture items and make a cozy room in the style of Hand Made. Consider a phased way to decorate the door canvase.
- For high-quality work with the door, it is better to remove it from the loops, otherwise the process will become long and painful.
- From the surface remove the old paint, then the workpiece wash and dried.
- Linen align primer.
- The first layer of acrylic paint should be white, it neutralizes the effects of primer.
- Then they apply a tonal acrylic layer that will be combined with the picture.
- When the door can, on its surface with the help of glue, clipped prepared drawing. Appliques can be not only of paper, but also on a tissue basis.
- A damp soft brush carefully smoothes an image, kicking over an excess glue and air bubbles.
- If the picture failed to put on the door perfectly, it can be corrected using brushes and paints.
- In the last stage, several layers of varnish are applied, which will not only give the canvas with a beautiful finished look, but will protect it from dust and dirt, from scuffs and scratches.
Logical to apply decoupage technique on interroom doors. But some craftsmen adorn them entrance to the house. Consider photos of the door decor, to better have an idea of it:
- Impressive a sophisticated fragile chucks of daisies on a canvas of unstable green with elements of a yellow shade+
- Gilded decoupage for imperial style (ampir)+
- Entrance door of heavenly shade performed on floristic+
- Fragments doors decorated with decoupage technician.
Sometimes in the technique of decoupage covers the glass surface of the window or part. This technique justifies itself only in a hot climate, as the glass becomes less transmitted. In other cases, decorated only frame. Plastic windows or old wooden frames can go into move. With the latter will have to tinker. During the repair, it is better to remove them from the window opening and fully update: Clear from the old paint, sand. Plastic surfaces before decorating need to be deguted with acetone.
Straight prepared napkins cut by strips based frame width. Applied to the surface and miss first with a wet brush to align, and then glue. In the process of work, you need to follow the sequence of the picture. Special attention is paid to places where fittings are located. After a day, the product is covered with varnish. The window acquires a unique look and attracts glances.
Ideas for floors and walls
Havaica to see furniture, decorated decoupage technique, or thousands of pretty little things: vases, plates, boxes, notepads, gift boxes. But the decoupage on the floor seems incredible. Will it withstand the finest paper load that falls on the floor every day? It turns out that, with the right approach, the case will not just stand, but also hide all the irregularities of the floor covering.
Walls made in the technique of decoupage, too infrequently meet. The door can be removed from the loops, put in a convenient place place and decorate. With the wall such manipulations do not commit, you have to adapt to the vertical canvase.
Who succeeds, eventually get a surprisingly beautiful surface.
Going to transform the floor, you need to decide for yourself, work will take place above all the coating or fragmentary. For example, the old linoleum can be updated, hiding under applications only spots and scuffs. Working in the technique of decoupage over a large surface, It is necessary to use varnish for floor covering, It will fasten the drawing well and guaranteed to prepare the floor under daily operation.
Consider one of the ways to decorate the floor with different techniques. On the perimeter of the room, an ornament is performed using the applications, and the central part decorates with staining through tulle. Step-by-step actions.
- Wooden floor prepared to work by grinding. The surface is completely exempt from old paint.
- With the help of painting tape, the floor is closed by 30-50 cm around the perimeter – the part on which the ornament will be.
- The coating in the center of the room is treated with a mahogany color. On the dry surface lay tulle and top spray aerosol paint bronze color.
- Recalling the scotch from the curb part, it is treated with a white verse to create contrast and leave until complete drying.
- A decoupage technique works on the prepared bright bimber. Carved appliques plant on glue, apply a layer of decoupapant varnish.
To understand how the floor is described, made by the decoupage technique, consider examples in photos.
- The surface has been decorated in the form of a carpet path, a contrast reception. On a light background extravagantly, a sophisticated oriental ornament.
- The decor is made in two contrasting shades: dark around the perimeter and light in the center. In working with the main part of the room was used to take painting through tulle, then appliques depicted with flowers.
- The smooth surface is made in the Decopatch technique (a type of decoupage), the floor is fully covered with log cuttings.
- Example of equipment Decopatch. Each board has its own ornament, and the entire floor surface looks like a patchwork blanket.
- Beautifully made a boarded surface in Shebbi style chic.
Decoupage can be made on a small part of the wall or cover them all the walls of the room. The choice depends on the taste and creative potential of the artist. Decoupage technique looks good in small rooms (children’s, bedroom, kitchen, hallway).
In the spacious premises you can allocate one wall for decoupage. For urban styles, black and white variations from newspapers and photos are often used. For teenage rooms choose bright fragments from comics. Flower print fits all country styles. If the floristry is made in gentle pastel colors, it is used to send Shebbi Chic and Provence. Consider how you can have a decoupage with a decoupage wall independently.
- The surface of the wall is perfectly aligned, plastering and ground. Dried.
- The picture is chosen according to the interior style. The carrier can be clippings from magazines, photos, rice paper, napkins, appliques from wallpaper and other paper products. In further actions, there is nothing new for the Decoupage technique: cut out, soaked and remove the top layer.
- Pictures are placed on the wall using the adhesive basis.
- Then the layer of varnish is applied. Decoupage is performed in a horizontal position so that the flowing varnish does not spoil the work. With regard to walls it is impossible. Apply special quick-drying mixtures, apply neatly soft brush.
Fragmented decoupage on the walls looks more organically. Consider examples of different options for using this technique on the surface of the walls.
- On a flat sunny wall there is an elegant branch of flowering magnolia. It fills the void of the surface, but at the same time does not create a massive pressure.
- Beautifully beaten decor, imitating the aged surface of the wall. He is unobtrusively moving to the shelf, supported by a vase in the same style.
- Imitation of ancient fresco on the wall also implemented equipment.
- Volumetny decoupage Made with a textured paste.
- The image on the wall in the method of decorating may well replace the carpet or full picture.
- In creating a bright interior, except for paper applications, are used Fabric elements.
- An example of applying Decoupage on all walls of the room.
Beautiful options for decor items
Items decorated in decoupage style can be administered to the interior as an independent view of the decor and in support of furniture, windows, walls made by a similar method. The main thing is that they do not dissimary with the situation. Beautiful decoupage options can be found on the Internet, they will inspire their own masterpieces:
- Written accessories+
- In the technique of decoupage, even an old suitcase can become irresistible+
- The decorated computer mouse looks positive+
- Country Towels Hanger+
- Steam decoupage of wedding champagne bottles for young.
If the creative potential is laid in the character, you must try to change the interior with your own hands. This can help a decoupage technique – an inexpensive and very beautiful way to decorate any surfaces.
About how to reorganize the wall in the technique of decoupage, look in the following video.