Surely every master after the creation of the next masterpiece leaves a few flaps of the fabric in the calculation that someday they will definitely be useful. The “Pizza” technique in Patchwork is ideal for this purpose, it opens the endless creative horizons not only for experienced needlewomen, but also for those who only make their first steps in creativity. Let us dwell on the features of this technique and give a master class of manufacturing stylish, unusual things.
Everyone knows that Patchwork sewing is far from the easiest type of applied art – he assumes painstaking work. For the creation of masterpieces in the style of Patchwork, pre-developing patterns are required, thinking about a combination of forms and color solutions, as well as the finishing processing of the product itself on the sewing machine.
That is why on the background of all existing patchwork techniques, the style of “Pizza” is beneficial.
The popularity of the method is explained very simply – There is no need to cut here at all, any craftswoman can prepare such a pizza, even having no skills to work with tissues and threads. You do not need to pick up flaps on the texture, size and color – the shade solution can be absolutely chaotic. In essence, the “Pizza” technique is an endless field for your imagination at a minimum of costs.
The main place of any design occupy the most flaps of the fabric, which many cartridges simply throw out, not even guessing that these segments can be given “second life”.
The canvas, stitched in the “Pizza” technique, it turns out a dense and fairly textured, it can be used to make interior pillows, pillowcase, kitchen taps, blankets, as well as cosmetic bags and beach bags.
What do you need?
In order to make interesting bedspreads, panels, bags or covers for chairs in the technique of patchwork sewing “Pizza” The following materials will be required.
- Textile – The basis of sewing is satin, coarse, felt or cotton. You can also use knitwear or glue knitwear if you plan to apply pieces of matter into one layer.
- Loskuta – They may have the same shades or be contrasting, can be large squares or small stripes, the use of corners, circles, hexagons and triangles are allowed.
- Fabric glue – best use dry powder composition. It is necessary in order for small fragments of the canvas when scrolling, and the printer has not lost, is especially true if you are planning to use multi-layer applying.
- To secure the picture you need a fabric for top – It can be a grid, chiffon, organza or guipure. Material must be monophonic.
- To finish the finished product it is necessary to use lace, braid or tape.
- And, of course, Standard tools will be required, which are used when sewing any type – these are threads, needles, sewing machine, pins, scissors, as well as chalk pencil for fabric and long line.
How to do?
Let us stay more on the peculiarities of Pizza patchwork equipment on the example of three typical products. Master class for the manufacture of kitchen tag assumes a few simple steps.
- The material is laid out on a solid horizontal surface so that it was convenient to work with it.
- Meld draw the square, circle, triangle or hexagon. If you do not have the necessary templates at hand, you can always use undergraduate tools – for example, a lid from a pan, hoops or an old box.
- If you took adhesive knitwear as the basis, you can immediately begin to attach flap. If not, then for the first layer it is desirable to pour out the basis of the adhesive powder in order to work as comfortably as possible, and only after that, to make “pizza” prepared by the cloth flap. Skinny, saturated shades look very stylishly, they give a spectacular contrast – that is why experienced masters usually begin work with the formation of a red, green and brown flap layer.
In fact, such a combination resembles the same pizza, only on matter.
- Start work With laid out of large flaps, All the resulting gaps fills smoother.
- When the main creative part will be completed, the workpiece should try, Pre-launching a sheet of parchment on it – under the action of increasing temperature, the glue composition is activated and patchworks together.
- If you are planning to make a few more layers, then the order of work will be the same – to apply the powder and consolidate the fabric fragments. It may seem strange, but after all manipulations half work will be done. You will only have to cover the workpiece with an organza or grid, fix the English pins by material to avoid distortion and strain the typewriter.
To ease pizza, it is best to use decorative lines, to flash the product should be done every 1.5-2 cm.
- On the prepared contour sealed product cut and sew edge.
For the interior decor, you can make a panel, it costs a little complicated by adding a synthetic. For the basics, it is best to take a cotton fabric. Patchows can be the most different – floristic, ethnic or monophonic. Pressure patterns cut from any old unnecessary thing, for example, T-shirts of curtains or bed linen – it is desirable that they are large, as it will greatly facilitate the whole further work. Additionally, for the manufacture of panels, a soft fatin or organza of any light shade will be required. For decoration use beads, glass, beads or woolen threads. Step by step the whole work scheme is as follows.
- Cotton base lay out on a wooden or plastic surface. It is distributed on it a uniform layer and coated with another layer of cotton fabric. By the way, even old kitchen towels can be used as the basis, while the drawing does not have absolutely no value.
- On the resulting workpiece lay down large flap cloth – they can be distributed over shades or not to adhere to any order. It looks very stylishly adding bright colors accents. In a word, you can try any option that will meet the total color decision of your interior.
- Formed free places covered with small chips of small flaps. At this stage, you can add a bit of creativity: the cut-out patterns are folded on the patchwork so that it turns out a stylish panel.
- When the whole composition is ready, it is covered with chiffon or thin fatin, fix patterns around the perimeter with pins and flash. First shot the pattern, and then the rest of the product. The line is better to use wave-like – in this case, the finished products will look more aesthetic.
- If the seam succeeds not to smoothly and in some places, flaws will be noticeable – do not be upset, all this can be corrected at the decoration stage. Any flaws can always be masked by sequins, beads or beads. As a result, you will not only correct the shortcomings related to the lack of skill, but also add your panel volume, gloss and individual chic.
- At the end of all the works of the edge, the edges are flashed with dense lace or ribbon. It looks panel as a real work of art capable of decorating any apartment, make it unique and make a distinctive atmosphere in the dwelling.
For lovers of felting, you can recommend the master class for the manufacture of a woolen blanket in pizza pizza technique “. The basic rules change here a bit – dense wool and gentle wool of Merinos are taken as the base, It is best to use the material of several shades. Also need flap, laces, mesh and ribbons.
Since the technique is based on the use of felting, then you will need a special VSM, if there is no such – then you can prepare small covers in advance and spoke by their needles manually.
- To start out of rigid wool, lay out the basis of the product. The second layer should be gentle wool Merinos – it is desirable to take the workpiece of a neutral nude shade.
- Fabric flaps are laid on the prepared surface, Laces and woolen threads, you can also use absolutely any knitted ornaments (leaves, mesh or flowers).
- The pizza prepared in this way is topped with color Merinos, Especially beautifully looks in the decoration, decorated by edging.
- The future of the blanket should be applied with a special typewriter or manual needles. It is quite painstaking work, so small panels are most often made in this technology. The products obtained look very stylish and exclusively, they can be decorate a handbag, hang on the wall as a picture or sew to the bedspread.
We offer you a photofraction of the most interesting ideas of patchwork needlework in the style of “Pizza”.
- Very stylish turns plaid and covered in the “Pizza” technique.
- Special comfort in the house creates decorative panels on the walls.
- Pizza can be the basis for creating stylish bags and cosmetic bags.
Patchwork sewing for beginners in the “Pizza” technique is presented on the video further.