Today we will get acquainted with surprisingly spectacular, but at the same time unconventional scheme of patchwork sewing – Bargello. Its principle is to create interesting ornaments using the formation of stepped lines or bends with a smooth transition of shades.
Products made in Patchwork Technique Bargello, It looks very difficult, But at the same time in the manufacture they are very simple and available for tailoring even those who only make their first steps in needlework.
According to the description of Bargello is One of the accelerated patchwork technician, In which all the canvases are crosslinked with strips in one common sleeve, after that perpendicularly cut and samples in some places. As a result, a new shade of a strip is formed in a variety of combinations – such strips form spectacular and bright color cloth.
The story of Bargello is rooted in the distant past. Initially, the direction was created as one of the techniques of ancient embroidery.
One of the versions, Bargello appeared in Poland, and he invented her Hungarian princess named Jadvig, which was the spouse of the Polish king. When Jadvig embroidered a priest’s vestment in this unusual technique, everyone learned about her. She depicted the coat of arms of both countries – Poland and Hungary, and it was the real masterpiece, work of art. Many women liked such a way to decorate clothes and household items, and they tried to repeat such embroidery. They were truly stunned as far as it turned out.
Modern needlewomen borrowed this principle for patchwork sewing. Bargello in this style has retained its essence, that is, the formation of ornamental patterns with the preparation of zigzag lines with overflows of tones. As a result of such a solution in the style of Patchwork-Bargello, the gradient or ombre is reminded. To achieve a similar effect, sewing wizard perform a strip shift relative to each other.
When creating a spectacular patchwork Bargello The main thing is to choose the material to choose. Here, the fantasy of the needlewomen is almost unlimited, because in the paper you can use any color ranges. Traditionally, for sewing, the blankets and the plaids are selected several shades in a single scale, ranging from light to dark. However, if you wish, you can always take contrast or complementary tones of different colors – There are no strict rules, colors are combined at the discretion of the masters, while the technique allows the most bold experiments.
In order to sew a blanket, you need to cook:
- Fabric segments 20-24 shades+
- 2 m tissue of any dark color for finishing finished products+
- Lining fabric size approximately 120×160 cm+
- Material for the design of the back of the product.
If you sew for a child or a person suffering from allergies, the fabric is predetermined to undergo a full-fledged decation process.
To do this, first it is soaked without adding detergents, then carefully rinse and move the iron or a special device. As a result of such actions from the fabric, there is surplus of dyes, the factory impregnation is neutralized, the smell disappears.
Similar manipulations can be performed and when creating an adult – In this case, after heat treatment, the fabric will give a shrinkage, and you can not worry about the fact that your first wash will change in size or twisted.
In stores for needlework, there are already ready-made bands, marked by numbers – it greatly facilitates the work of those who only make the first steps in Patchwork.
The essence of Bargello technology is reduced to the fact that a stylish ornament is coming out of a large number of multicolored pins of matter to apply certain schemes for their further stitching. The total number of such strips, as well as the scene palette may vary.
Before you master the original style, experienced craftsmen advise you to get acquainted with the formation of blocks by the “strip strip” method, which is one of the most simple in patchwork in principle, it involves the connection of several bands sequentially stitched with each other.
To do this, you need to take cuts of matter and form bands 5 of the calves – you can take a variety of shades that will fully comply with personal preferences and interior style. To create a block 30×30 cm, the strips must have dimensions of approximately 5×35 cm. Progressively, moving downward, all strips should be connected to each other on the side that is longer, and then strain them.
Many novice craftsmen are wondering why you need to grow billets. Everything is simple – only in this way you can reliably fix the cut of the canvas so that it does not behave when connecting to the typewriter. Pins are fixed in the direction perpendicular to the seam, and leave until the end of compassion. After each heating, each seam should be carefully pasted. It can be said that both the iron and pins are full and unchanged “participants” of the entire flap sewing technological cycle. From this rule can not be released.
From the finished large piece, you should cut four triangles of equal sizes. When all four small blocks are fully prepared – they should be collected into a single strip principle on the principle. All billets are stitched in pairs. To do this, they are placed by the front parties towards each other, they are climbing and stripped along the horizontal line. Next, both halves are stitching vertically and stitched with an inside, and then from the front side.
Patchwork strips are ready, you can rather quickly and just make some interesting thing for home decor or for children.
And if you take a few types of denim, cut into strips, you can make a stylish beach bag. If you wish, you can additionally decorate the applique, beads, cords, lightning or embroidery. Such an accessory will be very beautiful and comfortable, it will be unhappy with it in society. After that, you can move to more overall things, such as bedspreads.
In our master class, we will witness the most primitive, but at the same time a very effective scheme. Using our recommendations, even inexperienceful masters will be able to master this sewing method for several hours. To work you will need 20 strips of fabric with a size of 6×110 cm – this is already taking into account points on the seams. All strips must be different colors.
- All prepared stripes are stitched into one canvas by the “strip strip” by, That is, alternately sew the blanks, having their front part to each other along the long side. For convenience, they are pre-played with pins. After stitching, the blocks thoroughly stroke with the offline, all the seams need to be found on one, more dark side. Then the workpiece turns over and stroke the front side.
- Resulting as a result of all manipulations The canvas fold in half the face inside the length, chained pins, and then carefully paste on a sewing machine. Beginners are sometimes faced with the fact that when connecting long strips, the canvas begins to move. To avoid this, the direction of compassion is better alternating: for example, the first couple to sew right left, the second – from left to right, the third – again to the right left and so on.
- As a result of all actions, you turn out something like the pipe, It must be cut by sharp scissors to the transverse strips so that their width is 5-7 cm. All you should have seven parts resembling a ring. Each of them should be cut in such a way as to obtain a multistage print, on the subsequent strips, the incision should be located below the square below. Approximately with a fifth strip should begin the return movement upstairs.
- The resulting stripes are shot, in pairs by connecting them outdoor parties in one direction. Make sure that all formed seams in compassion coincide with the seams of the strip that next door.
- Upon completion of work All sides of the flap need to be dissolved, excess material crop and thoroughly smooth iron.
If you connect four blocks, compassionate them in different directions, then you can get a rather original drawing that visually resembles a wave.
With the help of simple Bargello technology, you can create a truly luxurious patchwork, while working out some experience, you can change the lanes at any time, their parameters and combine different sample solutions. Very beautiful are the sofa pillows made in this technique.
Try – You will certainly have a stylish exclusive thing.
In the next video you will learn how to sew a pillow with the use of Bargello technique.