The railway network is constantly expanding, and therefore the need for electric carriers is growing rapidly. This employee is the main member of the locomotive crew. It depends on the management of passenger or cargo trains and is far from all this on the shoulder.
Features of the profession
The driver of the electric locomotive (specialist in management and maintenance) is a fairly specific profession, requiring the applicant to have certain moral and physical qualities. The applicant for this position must have the following data:
- physical endurance, without which it is not necessary for long flights+
- ability to perform frequently repeated monotonous operations+
- High Responsibility and Organizations.
It will not be possible to become a machinist of any type of locomotives to people with weak health. The medical commission immediately eliminate applicants with heart diseases, problems with vision, hearing, asthma and impaired musculoskeletal system.
Those who wish to become a driver should be known that the fulfillment of responsibilities for this specialty is not only trips to the cabin of an electric locomotive in beautiful shape, but also nights without sleep, a rich work schedule, strict, almost military, discipline.
The list of responsibilities of a specialist in the management and maintenance of the electric locomotive is very wide and depends on the type of work performed by him and its qualifications. But there are general requirements that do not depend on where it works – on freight or passenger traffic.
Machinist Electrovoza is required to know:
- Design and technical parameters of locomotive+
- Rules for transportation of people and cargo+
- Mode of movement of the compositions+
- Status of the railway canvas, its profile on the work area+
- Possibilities of electric locomotives under various working conditions+
- Contact Network Characteristics+
- should be able to find and troubleshoot.
These are only the main responsibilities. Besides, The driver during work should always have a certificate confirming his right to control the electric locomotive, know the rules of fire protection, instructions and other safety documents.
Knowledge and skills
The operation of the driver requires constant concentration. Representatives of this profession must have a set of knowledge and skills:
- be able to control electrical locomotive in typical situations+
- know how to act in case of non-standard incidents+
- have the concept of carrying out the work of laminating and engineering areas when identifying and eliminating breakdowns and malfunctions+
- be able to apply radio communication and understand its basic principles+
- In case of emergency situations, be able to communicate with people and prevent panic+
- Know and execute the rules of movement on the railway.
Knowledge and basic skills can be obtained in a specialized educational institution. Everything else comes with time when accumulating experience. Machiners regularly visit seminars and various fees on which knowledge and practical experience is undergoing. These experienced practices share their knowledge with young professionals.
Do not forget about individual training. Independent additional education can help improve the qualifications and advance through the career ladder.
The work of the driver is not easy and very responsible, since the life and health of people in passenger transportation, as well as the safety of cargo and rolling stock, depend on his qualifications and skills of a specialist, as well as. This specialist is responsible for the technical condition and integrity of equipment of the electric locomotive. In case of violation or negligent fulfillment of their duties, he will incur an administrative or criminal penalty in accordance with the laws currently operating.
Material, disciplinary, administrative and criminal liability stipulated by law comes in certain cases.
- In case of violation or non-fulfillment of direct instructions of the higher authorities.
- Ignoring or bad fulfillment of your duties and instructions.
- Excess of their official powers or use of them for mercenary purposes.
- Providing false information about the progress and condition of the work entrusted to him.
- Violation of discipline of labor.
- If, if you have a threat to people or technology, the employee did not take measures to eliminate it.
If you have chosen a profession of an electric locomotive, you should know that without obtaining education in a specialized educational institution to work you will not be taken. Need to be tuned for long-term studies that can occupy in some cases up to five years. Training takes place in railway technical schools or colleges. You can enter them after 9 or 11th grade. Upon completion of the educational process, the graduate is assigned the qualifications of “Technician”.
Immediately after the release, nobody will put you. Have to For a long time to work as an assistant, gain experience And only at the coming minimum of several months, and on average this process takes two years, it will be possible to take this position.
If you want to make a career, you will have to receive higher education.
Electric locomotive management and service specialists are always in demand. They are needed on the railway, in the metro, in the mining and heavy industry.
Profession is quite prestigious and one of the highest paid on railway transport. The average salary is about 60 thousand rubles. There are also various surcharges (for underground experience or work in remote areas). Matter and work experience of a specialist and accrual of premiums. A high-class specialist can receive with all the allowances and 100 thousand. rubles.
These are indicators averaged, the salary level depends largely on the region and place of work.