The sphere of trade is one of the most ancient areas of human professional activity. Accordingly, the profession of the seller arose for quite a long time. Today in our article We will talk more about the features of the vacancy Seller of Food Products.
What is this profession?
Generally speaking, Profession the seller appeared in ancient times. However, this word itself was entrenched in everyday life of ordinary citizens only at the end of the XIX century. It was during this period that department stores began to work on the territory of modern Russia, where sellers of both food and non-food products were involved. Before the name of the Seller’s words directly, people who were directly related to trade were called differently. For example, the word is common and known to this day is the “merchant”.
If you try to give a definition of the term “seller”, we will get that this is a person who works on any trading enterprise and provides buyers a number of services. As for the sellers of food products, they deal with the goods of an exclusively food group (hence the name of the profession). Suite products include bakery, fruit and vegetables, confectionery, wine-vodka, dairy, meat, fish, eggs, food fats, oil products, tobacco products. At the same time, they are all divided into 2 major categories, namely: gastronomic and grocery goods.
The obligation of the seller includes a large number of tasks that are associated both with direct interaction with buyers and with a number of others (for example, preparatory) works. In this regard, employers can nominate candidates for the position of the seller of the Food Group Different requirements.
Like any other professional activity, the seller’s work is characterized by both positive and negative features that you need to know if you are planning to link your life with such a career.
To the positive moments can be attributed:
- The relevance and demand of the profession (this can be traced if you analyze the open vacancies on the labor market)+
- A variety of work schedule (for example, sellers can work both in the night and day shift)+
- Lack of strict requirements for educational level.
As for the minuses, several main points are traditionally ranked:
- Physical component of the work (most of the working day the seller spends on the legs)+
- relatively low wage (material remuneration varies significantly depending on the specific place of work)+
- A high level of stress (this is due to permanent interaction with different people).
Thus, before making a final decision on whether you want to link your professional life with the work of the seller, you should carefully weigh all those available for and mind so that you will not regret your decision in the future.
The seller at the grocery store, carrying out the sale of food, is valid according to such official documents as a job description and professional standard. It is they who include a list of duties that fall on the shoulders of the employee. These include:
- Sale of goods and products presented in the store+
- Weighing, cutting and packaging of goods+
- Consultation of customers regarding the shelf life and composition of products+
- Informing customers regarding valid shares and special offers+
- records management+
- Work with the cash register+
- Compliance with Labor Code+
- Compliance with safety regulations+
- Smoothing conflict situations+
- Control over the freshness and suitability of products+
- Control over the presence of sufficient cash and checkout at the checkout and much more.
It should be borne in mind that Responsibilities can be adjusted, change and supplemented depending on the wishes of the employer and the specific place of work. It is very important to get acquainted with the tasks that the employer lay on you, and make sure you have all the necessary competences for their execution. Remember that in case of non-fulfillment or incorrect performance of your functions, you may be responsible.
According to such a document, as a professor (or professional standard), a person must have a certain set of knowledge and skills, in particular, he must know theoretical base needed for the exercise of trade, as well as possess the appropriate professional skills.
Traditionally, the employer puts forward such requirements in relation to sellers:
- Knowledge of legislation and regulatory framework that regulates trade activities (for example, the Consumer Rights Act)+
- Knowledge of the Fundamentals of Psychology for Effective Communication with Buyers+
- Understanding the rules of display of goods on the storefront+
- Knowledge of food storage rules+
- The ability to use cash desktop and work in specialized computer programs (for example, Program 1C).
At the same time, this list is not final, because the more you know and be able to, the more popular specialist you will be in the labor market.
Job description and professional standard – These are documents that include not only duties and requirements for sellers of food products, but also the rights of employees. These include:
- right to receive from all store employees (Administrator, Director, Managing and Other) Information, which is necessary for direct work+
- Offer to higher bosses Ways to improve the functioning of the enterprise+
- Participate in various educational events for advanced training.
However, with the rights comes with liability, so use the opportunities provided very carefully.
Generally speaking, most employers make special demands on the educational level of the employee as a seller. Usually enough certificate of school graduation (9 or 11 classes). At the same time, in some cases, the presence of a diploma from the average special or higher education institution will become a certain plus (for example, in the case of obtaining the 2nd category).
In addition, during the immediate work, it is desirable to pass through training courses (for example, visiting lectures to familiarize themselves with the consumer psychology or the study of the fundamental bases). Thanks to this, you can apply for an increase in the career ladder (for example, to become a senior seller).
Immediately it should be said that the salaries of the seller is quite low. This indicator may vary depending on several factors, such as:
- region of accommodation (As a general rule, residents of the capital receive more than residents of the provinces)+
- place of work (Salary of sellers of elite stores is higher than that of employees of network enterprises)+
- Experience and education (In some cases, the employer may increase the salary for especially qualified employees).
If we talk about the average salary of the seller of food stores in the Russian Federation, they are about 20,000 rubles.