The profession of journalist is quite multifaceted and creative. Representatives of this field of activity combine in their work collecting relevant information and the creation of deep analytical materials. Sometimes the concept of “journalist” and “Correspondent” refer to synonyms. However, these professions have a number of differences.
The word “correspondent” translated from German means “aware”. The sphere of activity of this employee includes: collecting and searching relevant information, transferring it from the place of events. Correspondents also create news blocks and information reports from the scene. The employee may be both in the state and outside it. The correspondent present directly at the site of events is a reporter. These specialists are required in various media (printed, electronic, television). The first correspondents appeared in the 18th century. In modern society there are narrow specialization. We are talking about television and photocondunts.
In addition to collecting information and create plots, reporters include interviews and investigations (collecting important information, creating a holistic television suite).
The main requirements for the correspondent are as follows:
- Higher education (specialty “Journalism”)+
- Perfect literacy+
- Experience in creating text and photographic materials.
Also for work in the modern edition requires free possession of a foreign language, knowledge of certain directions (sports, politics, culture) and readiness for long-term business trips. In addition, a person who has decided to associate his life with work in the media should improve his work skills with computer programs and various equipment. The fact is that the main task of the correspondent is to collect operational information.
The advantages of the profession include the following nuances:
- Free work schedule+
- Permanent self-development+
- The correspondent is always in the center of attention and is able to drop itself a certain glory+
- The reporter gets a chance in the work framework to travel around the world and communicate with interesting and influential people.
The media representative has many steps in the career ladder. Newbie with time may well claim the role of a leading correspondent.
However, in addition to the advantages there are some drawbacks. For example, a correspondent working in hot spots often experiences deep stress and exposes its life danger. Also, the reporter must be searched for an individual approach to each interlocutor who can not always disclose and answer one question or that question.
Profession of journalist
This field of activity implies not only the collection of information, but also its analysis. Journalist’s work is sufficiently responsible and multifaceted. He is withBurst the necessary information and based on them creates high-quality material, guided by facts. Journalist not only collects information, but also analyzes, edits. The first journalists appeared in ancient Rome. In those days, people wrote important news on clay boards. As a separate field of activity, journalism arose in the 18th century and instantly became a powerful tool for exposure to society. Modern media are not only a source of information, but act as a platform for public opinion formation. Sometimes the popularity of one or another publication depends on the creative potential of the journalist.
The profession of journalist implies the presence of higher education (specialty “Journalism”). Man should feel his native language and competently express his thoughts. Don’t forget about communicative skills. Interviewer is important to talk his interlocutor and get answers to his questions. The journalist must be objective and stressful. Extra emotions in this profession are not welcome. A modern specialist should have the ideal knowledge of native and foreign languages, to have impeccable literacy and be able to express their thoughts briefly and logical.
The journalist should not be afraid of barriers to the collection of one or another information and always move towards the goal. An important factor is the skill of the employee find an individual approach to the respondent. Also, a journalist should be able to create an artistic test from dry press releases. In addition, knowledge of the law on media and current legislation is important in his work. A beginner journalist, if desired and stubborn labor, can be the chief editor of the influential publication.
In the modern world, journalists and art analysts in politics, mods and art are especially popular.
Differences and general characteristics
Naturally, the concepts of “journalist” and “Correspondent” are close. And both are media representatives and act as informants for society. However, the difference in these professions is still obvious. So, you can make certain conclusions.
- The journalist is different from the correspondent (reporter) The presence of broad specialization, which includes not only the collection of information, but also editing, analysis of text and print.
- The correspondent collects operational information on the principle here and now. The journalist can prepare an article using material from different temporal layers. He also has the skills of processing documents performed in a business style.
- The reporter is most often a complete unit. While the journalist can be a freelance artist and combine writing articles on another field of activity.
- Journalists often specialize in a specific topic (Politics, Economics, Sports, Art, Science or Medicine). It is no coincidence that many large companies produce corporate magazines and newspapers. Reporters do not always have a binding to a certain topic.