The thermos has always been and remains a popular subject in our homes. He saves on the road or on a forest walk with a hot drink. Houses in it convenient to brew herbs and berries. And one who is forced to leave children alone with a gas stove prefers hot first pour into thermos. All this gradually leaves a raid and an unpleasant smell inside the metal flask, and there is a need to clean the thermos of stainless steel.
Types of thermos
From what kind of utensils you have to use, the method and frequency of its cleaning depends:
- Thermoses for drinks are released with a narrow neck, the diameter of which is 25 – 55 mm. For cleaning, it will surely need a dish.
- Thermoses with pneumon pump allow you to pour liquid without turning the container. Such a vessel is easy to wash your hand, but efforts will have to attach to the whitening of the pneumon pump itself.
- Food thermoses with a wide neck of 65-80 mm are used for hot first and second dishes, as well as to maintain cold ice cream or other delicacies. Such capacities will always collect odors and maybe fat.
- Universal containers are a symbiosis of food thermos and beverage vessels. Perhaps cleaning with hand and enshik.
- The food thermos from the stainless steel consists of several vessels installed on each other with a pile, reminds more plates, and, it means, it is much easier to wash them.
What tool to clean?
Choosing a means for a metal flask, you need to remember that the aggressive formulations will spoil the surface. Do not use industrial chemicals like “White”, “Domasetos” and others.
You should not use metal brushes, rams, egg shell, which is often cleaning other types of dishes.
Those who, in principle, do not want to use chemicals, it will be easy for a way to clean the cleaning: mustard, salt, vinegar, lemon, economic soap and even the usual old newspaper. A lot of money, and recipes even more.
How to wash tea bloom and scale?
After tea, even if he was in the thermos, just a couple of hours, there is an unpleasant brown sediment on the walls. If the tea is in the vessel more than a day, then the flare is enjoyed in the metal much stronger. And when pouring boiling water in the thermos gradually around the neck, traces of scale. To remove them, you can use the following several recipes.
- Pour the table vinegar to the container (not an essence) by a quarter of volume.
- Add boiling water to neck.
- Tightly screw the lid and let it stand for 2 hours.
- Pour content and wash with water.
- One lemon cut into small slices and fall asleep in flask.
- Pour cool boiling water there.
- Tightly clog and leave for half.
- Drain water and rinse.
- Raw lemon wipe the neck – lemon, citric acid perfectly eliminated the flabs of thermos and electric kettle from scale.
- Purchase pharmacy pills that clean dentures, the main component in them is soda.
- 2 tablets omit to thermos with a capacity of 1-1.5 liters.
- Pour boiling water.
- Tightly clog the lid and leave for the night.
- Merge water and rinse the remains of an unusual cleaning agent.
- With severe pollution ½ cup of barley (or other similar cereals) flood to thermos.
- Add 3-4 teaspoons of food soda.
- Pour boiling water to half a vessel.
- Carefully close and intensively shake the vessel for a minute.
- Pour content and rinse. Groats performs gentle abrasive for stainless steel.
- In thermos pour boiling water under the neck.
- Pour into the container 1 tablespoon of citric acid.
- Leave for night.
- Pour the solution and rinse well with warm water.
- Heat Coca-Cola, Phanto or Similar Drinks with gas to 80-90 degrees (before drilling). These strongly carbonated compositions have long been known for their cleaning properties.
- Pour a drink in the flask and loosely cover.
- No shakes do not need to do. Just leave the tank at rest for 12 hours.
- Drain liquid and rinse with water.
- Flask with a wide throat rinse with warm water. Some water should remain in the tank.
- The old newspaper or printed paper slightly squeeze and clean the walls from the inside.
- Rinse thermos water. If typographical printing products were used, it is necessary to wash the container more carefully.
How to get rid of smell?
After cleaning the tank from the plaque and scale, it happens, there is still an unpleasant smell. To get rid of it, you can go as follows:
- Pour in thermos boiling water about 4/5 and add 2 tablespoons of mustard powder. Carefully close the vessel and shake it regularly for 8-12 hours. Then rinse well.
- So that not only get rid of the smell, but also from the fall, you can deprive the cashie from mustard and water the inner wall of the flask. After drying the mixture into the thermos is poured boiling water and leave for a day, after which the container was washed.
- The stone salt of coarse grinding is used as well as mustard or soda: add to boiling water and shake over long time.
- Rice not only perfectly absorbs moisture, but also odors. For the prevention, you can dry dry rice to fall asleep on the bottom of the flask and store there (do not close the lid tightly). To remove odor a few days in a row to change a handful of slightly wet grains in the flask. Or pour rice steep boiling water about half of the volume. Close the lid and, periodically bothering, insist 10-12 hours.
- Pour thermos warm water. Pour soda at the rate of 1 teaspoon on 200 ml of water. Leave the mortar. After about 12 hours, rinse the capacitance of clean water room temperature.
- Three teaspoons of soda and vinegar put in the vessel. Pour steep boiling water. Leave about an hour. Rinse with clean water. This method removes scale and smell.
Than laundering fat?
If the thermos is used for storage of the first and second, then the traces of fat are inevitable. The easiest way to wash off with ordinary detergents for dishes. If the use of industrial compositions is impossible, then we again appeal to people’s ways:
- 100 grams of conventional soda are divorced by hydrogen peroxide to the state of Cashitz. This composition lifts the thermos from the inside and outside and leave for a while. After thoroughly washing traces of fat will not remain, just like the smell.
- A mixture of soda and vinegar in proportion of 1: 1 Apply to a sponge for dishes, after which it thoroughly wipe the flask. This composition splits fat for 15-20 minutes.
- If there is a need to wash the thermos from food residues in nature, then you can do it with river sand. He will feel good not only fat, but also scale, and raid from tea and coffee.
- Economic soap is well blends traces of fat even in cold water.
Let us give some recommendations to hostems note:
- After each use, the thermos is required not just rinsing, but thorough cleaning.
- Economic 72% soap or ordinary cleaning powder will greatly cope with this.
- It is more convenient to clean with a synthetic bristle.
- After storing food, it is necessary to make every effort to make it remnants to be in places connect the flasks with the case, otherwise the bacteria will very quickly begin multiply in the thermos.
- After cleaning the vessel should be turned over and leave to dry. At the same time, it is not necessary to put it vertically on a smooth surface, otherwise it will absorb the smells of this surface.
- Long storage of water without use will lead to the appearance of a shaft smell and mold.
- In the case of long idle without a business, the vessel should not be covered with a lid so that the flask does not “choke”. From dust will help protect paper or fabric napkin.
- If nevertheless, the flask appeared in the flask and suspicion of the fungus, then 2 tablets for dishwashers are poured into the flask made of stainless steel and poured boiling water. Someone grabs 20 minutes to clean, and someone 10 hours. Degree of pollution. By the same way you can save the thermos from scale.
- Do not forget that, like any dishes, the thermos is required to care not only inside, but also outside. If the housing is metallic, then the same means as to the flask apply. If the case is plastic, then you need to remember that it absorbs all the smells even more. You can get rid of unpleasant flavors using soda: mix it with a small amount of water, to graze the thermos of this cashier + wash off a day. If the coffee is thick on the vessel walls for 3-4 hours, then it will save from unpleasant odors.
The choice of a method of cleaning the thermos of a stainless steel depends on the desire or reluctance to use chemical preparations. Of course, they will cope faster with the task. But may not be allergenic, and simply spoil the thermos.
Therefore, it is better to be patient and entrust thermosis cleaning to homemade.
On how to clean and care for the thermos, look in the following video.