There are situations when microcracks appear on the surface of a wide variety of products, in which dust and dirt will be clogged with time. Clear such pollution is impossible by any means and brushes. The situation may be aggravated if we are talking about a fragile or valuable subject, for example, about jewelry.
Similar difficulties arise if necessary to clean the internal elements of electronic devices. But it is precisely such a kind of pollution in 25% of cases cause malfunction of technology. Exit from the situation will be the use of ultrasonic bath.
What it is?
Ultrasonic bath is a container in which ultrasound oscillation sources are built. The container itself is filled with detergent liquid. Under the influence of ultrasound pulses in liquid, cavitation occurs, or “cold boiling”, thanks to which it is possible to careful cleansing surfaces. Cavitation is called the process of forming a huge amount of the smallest bubbles generated under the influence of highly and low-frequency ultrasound waves.
Faced with a polluted surface, bubbles burst, literally “pulling out” pollution. They envelop the whole clean surface. Therefore, the removal of dirt becomes possible even in hard-to-reach places.
Similar structures are needed to clean up mobile phone circuit boards. They often settle pollution and flux particles left after soldering.
They are easily removed by ultrasonic cleaning. Similarly, the jewelry of silver, gold, including with the precious stones encrosited in them.
Ultrasonic bath is useful for cleaning glasses, LUP.
The popularity of the device is due to its explicit advantages:
- With it, it is possible to eliminate pollution, including in hard-to-reach places+
- This method of cleaning allows to avoid damage to the surface of the subject, cracks+
- The device is universally and suitable for cleansing a wide variety of items+
- The bath is easy to use – it is necessary to pour a suitable liquid and turn on the device+
- High purification speed (for household use enough 2-4 minutes).
According to customer reviews, not every device can be called effective. Therefore, its purchase, like the choice of liquid used, should be performed particularly carefully.
For what is needed?
Due to its effective and careful cleaning, the ultrasonic bath is used in repair shops for cleansing phone boards and some other elements of electronic devices, as well as in jewelry for cleaning decorations. In the medical industry, including dentistry, the device is designed to eliminate contaminants from the surface of the working tools and their disinfection.
Manicure Masters also seek to purchase an ultrasonic bath. It guarantees high-quality cleansing of tweezers, scissors, pylons and other manicure devices, as well as their antiseptic processing.
- Finds use in pharmaceuticals and perfumes, speeding up some chemical processes+
- Used to process seeds before sowing+
- It is used in industry, where it is cleaned by the complex form of components of nodes, mechanisms.
Ultrasound cleaning demonstrates its efficiency when delivering from different types of pollution.
- Pollution, in which there are no organic compounds. These include dust, soot, metal chips. Some types of pollution penetrate the surface of the subject, others form a crust on its surface.
- Organic pollution caused by the impact on the surface of the object of lubricating, grinding compositions, paints and varnishes, triochest pastes, sawdust, metal chips.
The device is acquired for different needs.
For cleaning nozzles
Nozzles are an electromagnetic valve, designed to dose fuel supply or other liquid. Clogged nozzles do not cope with their functions, but their cleaning in an ultrasonic bath easily solves this problem.
With strong pollution, a low-frequency cleansing is recommended, which is repeated several times.
For flushing parts
Small parts made of metal and solid alloys, optics, office equipment elements will acquire initial purity and shine, restore their functions, thanks to washing in the device. It allows you to significantly increase product life. There is no risk of damage or deformation of parts.
In the process of socks gold and silver jewelry flexible, covered with a thin film. Stones also have the property to dump their natural beauty. Cleaning them with ultrasound allows you to return the shine and clean. At the same time, even hard-to-reach elements (engraving places, the inlays of gems, various bends) are clearly cleaned. When processing, there is no risk of deformation of the product, the appearance of cracks and chipping on its surface, weakening stones fastening places. In addition to cleaning, the process implies light polishing of products.
Vintage (and not only) coins are always covered with a layer of pollution, traces of patina. Ultrasound effectively clean the surface. It is more convenient to use a bath having a special siete where coins, medals and similar items to be cleaned.
Depending on the volume of flooded fluid for cleansing, portable and industrial devices are highlighted. First Call desktop, They have a volume of no more than 1 liter and have proven themselves to use in everyday life and small repair shops. Most tanks made of stainless steel, which ensures protection against the appearance of corrosion traces, durable product operation.
The required parameters (exposure time, specific operation mode) are specified on the control panel, which is equipped with an external bath panel.
Industrial devices For cleaning ultrasound have a tank of more than 4 liters. The most popular are the models of 4, 5 and 10 liters. There are devices and more. Their appointment – cleansing a large number of products, including sufficiently overall elements of the mechanisms. Quality models are released with heated fluid.
Industrial generators, in turn, are divided into 2 types:
- Small baths (the latter does not exceed 65-67 l). Used in dentistry, aircraft manufacturing (for cleansing parts), laboratories. They are equipped with heated, cleaning fluid movement system, timer.
- Bathtubs of large (up to 100 l) volume. Such devices have a powerful emitter and a highly efficient generator, circulation system and cleaning fluid filtration. Applicable to purify large-sized elements having strong contaminants (for example, railway track details).
The mandatory element of the bath is the emitter that performs the function of the engine, which launches ultrasonic waves to work. It is usually located at the bottom or side of the device, and the frequency of oscillations is 28-40 kHz. The objective of the element is to convert the electricity incoming to it into the energy of the mechanical oscillations of the ultrasound wave. The generator acts as a source of vibration formation, and the special heater provides an increase in the temperature of the working fluid to 70 degrees with and maintaining this parameter during the cleaning process.
The presence of a heater is an optional requirement for a complete set of ultrasonic bath. However, if it is available, the efficiency of the device increases significantly.
Principle of operation
Use the ultrasonic bath just enough.
- In the working tank bowl, you must pour a special fluid (concentrate), put a contaminated object there, close the lid and turn on the appropriate cleaning mode. Most household models automatically start cleaning a duration of 180 seconds. If necessary, the procedure can be repeated or manually select a different cleansing mode.
- For better cleaning, the subject is recommended to turn over.
- At the end of the cleaning, turn off the device from the mains. Only after that you can remove the cleaned object from it.
- Then the liquid is drained from the bowl, and it is wiped and dried.
The principle of operation of the device involves the receipt of electricity emitter and its further conversion into the mechanical energy of ultrasonic oscillations. Passing through the walls of the working tank, the electromagnetic frequencies enter into the liquid, causing the processes of cavitation. As a result, microbubbles containing pairs and gas are formed. The injection of bubbles occurs, merging them with each other, the microatic waves are formed and, as a result, collapses of bubbles.
Inside the bubble is crushed hugely, because it takes a large amount of energy when collapsed. Collapse occurs on the border of a polluted surface. The emerging energy pulls the dirt from the surface. When working the bath there is a large number of bubbles (if the unit has a transparent lid, they are clearly visible), the buzzing sound is heard.
Modeles manufacturers and reviews
- The high assessment of buyers is invariably obtained “Sapphire”. The impeccable quality of components and unique production technology are due to the cooperation of the domestic manufacturer with the leading American ultrasonic bathing company. For the manufacture of models, imported components are used; at each stage of production, careful control is carried out. A fairly wide product line (22 types of devices) will allow you to choose the optimal device.
- One of the leading manufacturers of industrial devices is the company “Grad”. Its assortment includes separate NBS and units included in the technological lines for complete cleansing and drying parts. Models equip the circulation and liquid cleaning system. They have drying chambers, systems to protect the device from overheating.
- Ultrasonic Brand Baths “Tack” They differ in a wide model side and include devices with a volume of 1.3 l to 56 liters. Users noted the uniform distribution of cavitation. It provides operational and high-quality cleansing (complex contaminants are removed for 1-2 sessions). They have a splashing panel, differ in durability of operation.
- For cleansing and primary disinfection of dental, cosmetology and manicure tools, the aggregate of the company is recommended “UltraSt”. Ergonomics of the device, the volume of a bowl of 150 ml, the economical flow rate of the liquid and several modes of operation – here are the distinctive features of the device that determine its popularity.
- For domestic use, you can recommend a compact bath Skymen. Users marked availability of jewelry or coins cleaning baskets, special cloth racks, chains. Most models have a transparent window in the panel, 3-4 modes of operation.
- High customer rating received brands TRITON Ultra (150×70), ELMA (Industrial model ELMASONIC). They are distinguished by decent quality and price availability.
The obligatory component of the ultrasonic bath is a cleansing solution. Efficient, Safe and Universal Means – Distilled Water. However, it is not always able to cope with strong pollution, therefore needs amplifiers. For example, for cleaning excessively contaminated jewelry, the solution can be 10% from the tool for cleaning windows, the rest of the distilled water.
Cleaning phone boards occurs with the use of ethyl alcohol.
It is unacceptable to apply combustible fluids as a cleansing composition. However, many neglect this rule and pour fuel fluids into the bath. By this they increase the risk of fire and damage. This is due to the fact that when working, the elements of the bath are heated to high temperatures. Couples of alcohol, gasoline, solvents are concentrated near these elements, which aggravates the dangerous situation.
Tips for choosing
When buying an ultrasonic bath, decide for what purpose it is needed. From this will depend on the volume and power indicators of the device, its dimensions and cost.
- To cleanse small parts, jewelry, coins, glasses are quite a small device with a volume of 1 liter or a little less.
- For kneading nozzles and small parts, medical and manicure tools optimal will be a bathroom with a volume of 1.5-2.5 liters.
- When choosing a bowl of the device, remember that the isomed objects must be completely dive into it. In most cases, more rational to buy a bath with a deeper bowl.
- The body of the working tank must be made of stainless steel. Only in this case, ultrasonic impulses reach a cleansing fluid, and the reservoir itself will be protected from corrosion.
- When the device breaks, its housing must be opened, check the contacts. The resulting emitter can be replaced. However, this process is quite expensive from a financial point of view. In most cases, it is easier to acquire a new device. If the product has not yet left the warranty period, it is impossible to open it, you should contact the service center or at the place of purchase of the bath.
On the principles of work of ultrasound baths can be obtained from the video.