Kazan – Popular tool for extinguishing and tomorrow vegetables and meat. From conventional saucepan and pan, it is characterized by a semicircular form, which evenly distributes heat through the walls – it makes it possible to more efficiently process the entire amount of food. In this article, you will learn how to make the Casane correctly, as well as to prepare a new cast-iron cauldron to first use.
Most often, Kazan is made precisely from cast iron. If new kitchenware and dishes made from other materials can be safely rinsed and immediately used, then the cast iron needs special primary processing procedures.
The so-called firing or calcining is necessary for the Kazan due to the features of its production.
In the very manufacture of cast iron accessories at the factories are actively used Technical lubricant, which is tightly entrusted in the walls of the dishes. This lubricant retains the appearance of the product, removes it from corrosion and chipping. When heated, this grease publishes an extremely unpleasant smell, not to mention that simply harms all products and makes them unsuitable for eating.
Thermal processing allows you to eliminate most of the lubricant and prepare a capacity for use at home.
Methods for the preparation of cast iron cassowns
If you briefly describe the preparation of the cast-iron cauldron, it consists of several steps. The calcination methods themselves will be described in more detail below.
- Before use, be sure to wash the walls of the container under warm running water. For more thorough cleaning it is better to choose soft tools – gels, liquid soap.
- Dry and sweat carefully.
- Then the calcination procedure itself occurs. At the end of the procedure it is worth allowing the containers to dry in natural conditions, do not allow water.
- Sale, dirt and surplus oils are removed using rags, napkins and soft cleaning media.
- After calcining and cleaning the cauldron, it is recommended to handle it with any food oil. It fills the holes in the porous surface of the cauldron, which creates a smooth non-stick coating.
- As soon as you processes causing butter, it should be carefully flushed into warm water. Then you will only wipe the tank, and it will be ready to debut.
There are several proven methods of how to produce quality. No matter what method was you selected, The calcination and impregnation of the oil instrument should be carried out as early as possible – preferably on the very first day of purchase.
The way of burning cauldron with salt
This option is suitable for calcining both in the fresh air and at home. Most often to this method resorted precisely in the context of the apartment. For procedure only the cooking salt of coarse grinding is suitable – than it will be larger, the procedure will be more useful for the Kazan.
The above-step instruction of such calcination is described below.
- First, it is just good to rinse the cauldron under the usual running water. Return not only internal, but also external walls, special attention to the DNU of Kazan.
- Write all the walls of the container with a dry cloth.
- Place the bottom of the tank of about 2.5 kilo salt. The amount can be increased depending on the size of the Kazan.
- Install the device on a small fire and calculate for 1-2 hours.
- To learn about readiness, watch out the state of salt. If the cauldron is completely rolled, it should paint into rusty or brown.
- After the salt is painted, turn off the fire and give the cauldron to cool a little. After that, wipe the same salt of the cauldron. In the future it will not be used for the same purposes – this salt is already soaked in oil.
Since such a method involves calcining to a greater extent of the bottom with the help of salt, the usual electric stove is well suited for this procedure, which ensures heating of the bottom region.
Method of processing cauldron with vegetable oil
Oil is not used directly in the process of calcining the cauldron, however, it is necessary after the procedure itself. The fact is that the cast iron container after dry calcination in the oven, on fire or with salt for quality work needed additional lubrication. This grease primarily protects the device from the appearance of rust, and also makes the porous surface of the cast-iron cauldron smooth and non-stick.
The sequence of action procedure for processing the oil instrument is described below.
- Usually used olive oil, but if it is not, it is suitable for creamy and sunflower, but not technical.
- After the calcination procedure itself, let the device get a little cool, and then pour into the tank near the liter of oil.
- Put the container on fire.
- After the oil starts to boil and bubble, gradually decline the capacitance so that the oil is a uniform layer glass on all the walls of the cauldron. You can help yourself scoop to get to hard-to-reach places and protect yourself from risk.
- After all the walls of the capacity are covered with oil, place it in the oven (Celsius warmed up to 200 degrees).
- Fir the device costs within 1.5-2 hours.
- Turn off the oven and give the capacitance a little standing until the oil drying. If, after drying, there will still be some oil, remove it with a rag, water or detergent.
Do not hurry with cooling or car wash. Pour into the preheated cauldron Cold water is prohibited – so you will receive not only a cloud of smoke, but also a chance that the container will crack.
Method of calcining cauldron in the oven
This method is not recommended if you have the ability to rolling the cauldron in another.
The fact is that during the processing of the cauldron, a huge number of poisonous vapors from technical oil is distinguished in the oven.
To simply do not poison these couples, ensure a permanent influx of fresh air in the kitchen, also does not hurt a good hood. The process of such a calcination takes place in several stages.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry Kazan.
- Oven warm up to the optimal temperature of 200 degrees, no more.
- Install the cauldron inside the oven, cover the door.
- Very soon you will notice how the dark smoke will begin to proceed from the device. Open the door to exit smoke is not worthwhile – in modern ovens there are special holes through which he can calmly go out.
- Pour the tank up to the moment when the smoke completely disappears. It usually takes from 1 to 2.5 hours depending on the quality of the oven and the size of the Kazan.
- Give the cauldron to cool a little, then just wash it under cool water. You should not use detergents, sooo you can remove with rags or sponge.
The firing method of cauldron
In this case, the Kazan is subjected to high temperatures not only in the bottom area, but also on the area of all walls.
That is why the procedure itself must pass only in the fresh air – during it, it is simply highlighted by a huge amount of caustic smoke, which is able to lead to poisoning and suffocation.
Here, a step-by-step procedure is as follows:
- Thoroughly rinse the capacity using light cleaning agents or simply under the strong flow of flow water+
- Dry Kazan and wipe dry towel+
- Place the device on the open fire, while watching the heat always remained at the same level+
- wait for about 3 hours while caustic smoke will not disappear+
- Give the capacitance yourself to dry, then rinse it with warm running water and dry+
- The fire must be alone, in the next few uses it will be harmful to health.
Features of the calcination of aluminum products
Aluminum Kazan is a budget option for extinguishing and cooking food. The feature of such models is that Because of the good thermal conductivity of the wall of the cauldron, it is very quickly warm and quickly cooled. In addition, these models are much easier cast iron. Aluminum Casanes are not suitable for long-term cooking, For example, for solar food (for this metal, it is difficult to maintain one specific level of heat for a long time).
Aluminum containers are calcined not with the same purpose as cast iron. Here, the whole thing is that aluminum during heat treatment allocates special oxides, which is formed on the surface of the model a dense protective film. This film guards dishes from scratches, and also serves as a good non-stick coating. Despite these, it would seem, the positive points of cooking food in aluminum dishes, there is one negative.
Aluminum is an extremely low-smelting metal, so cauldron from this material during long-term calcination can simply deform.
The following recommendations should be followed during the calcination of aluminum cauldron.
- If you chose the calcination of the cauldron on an open fire, to achieve a small, but sufficient temperature worth choosing exactly the damp lamps. They worse flared, but they are smashed longer, creating a large amount of optimal heat.
- Constantly follow the deformation of the device, as soon as some kind of wall starts to melt and stir – immediately remove the device from the fire.
- Aluminum dishes do not need the same duty of calcination as cast iron. Here will be enough and one and a half hours even with the most large-sized.
- In the case of calcining an aluminum boiler, it does not matter which method to choose, the main condition here is not exceeding the permissible temperature plank.
- After calcination, let me settle, then rinse using lightweight detergents.
Before burning a new aluminum cauldron, Make sure he has no own non-stick coating. Otherwise, such a procedure can, on the contrary, lead to the destruction of the protective layer. Moreover, consider that Aluminum devices do not rust, and therefore do not need additional treatment with vegetable oil.
Tips and security measures
When calculating the cast iron or aluminum cauldron, follow the following preparations, as well as safety measures at the time of the flow of the firing procedure.
- Thermal processing of this kitchen appliance is recommended to be carried out in the open air, and not in the walls of the house. In the closed, albeit a ventilated room, the chance is too great to poison poisonous pairs and smoke from evaporated oil.
- Avoid sudden temperature drops. The cauldron heated to the heat in no case can be lowered into cold water. So he may not just crack, but burst and cause injury to you and your loved ones.
- The burning should be carried out in an inaccessible place for children – they can not only be poisoned by poisonous evaporation, but also to scream with oil or burn about the heated walls of Kazan. All this will lead to the strongest burns and stress.
- Before buying the device, be sure to take into account the size of your burners, oven or stove if you decide to resort to these methods of calcination. Kazan must be free to fit into the opening of the oven and have access to air.
- For the first experience, it is best to choose the aluminum model – it is easier to care for her, it heats up faster and cools.
- When cleaning the cauldron at home it is not recommended to use aggressive cleaning products. Regardless of the material of the tank, they can apply irreparable damage to the coating or walls.
- We do not advise even the minimum move the device during the calcination. You risk getting injuries and burn.
- In no case do not cover the device with a cloth and do not try to knock the fire with fabric subjects. Also do not try to put out the fire with flour.
- After each cooking, the cauldron should be rinsed and wipe off with a cloth. If the food suddenly starts sticking to the walls or to the bottom of the cast-iron model, be sure to repeat the procedure for the impregnation of cauldron.
Some hostesses face such a problem that the oil in Kazan begins literally burn. This usually happens with an unfair approach to safety rules.
The fact is that the cauldron should be calcined at temperatures up to 200 degrees, to achieve a temperature of 230 degrees, some vegetable oils can probably begin to burn.
If the fire still happened, try to follow the following instruction.
- Remove the heat source. As soon as possible, put the fire, remove the gas or turn off the slab. To quickly put out the fire, keep the land near.
- So that the oil ceases to burn, you need to block access to oxygen. To do this, cover the cauldron with a metal antimony either another metal object that can cover the entire capacity from above.
- In the critical situation, use the fire extinguisher. In no case do not try to pour into the late cauldron.
In the next video, you will learn how to easily and just roll a new cauldron.