Knives are indispensable attributes of hunters and fishermen, they are presented on the market in a large assortment. The modern industry produces a huge number of universal models, with the help of which you can do several operations on the cutting of animals.
However, multifunctional knives are often losing specialized products, so at each stage of working with a carcass it is recommended to use your tool. One of the most narrow-neighboring options is a knife for removing the skins – a hood.
A sprouting knife is a device designed to illustrate the killed animal, and refers to the category of household instruments. According to the legislative classification, it is not cold weapons, and therefore does not require permissions for its acquisition and storage. Externally, such a knife is noticeably different from universal hunting models and consists of a short blade from 4 to 12 cm long and a comfortable handle.
Most models always shorter handles, which allows at first glance to accurately determine the purpose of the knife.
The features of the blades are one-sided sharpening and a large width, the cutting line has a convex structure and ends with a steep bend near the tip. Such a design provides lightness of a trimming of tendons in the process of shuffling, and the beveled footage prevents skin damage. Moreover, thanks to the high descent of the blade and subtle note, the hunter controls the cut and conducts the lighting of the carcasses more accurately.
On the heel of the Blade there are special stops for fingers, preventing the knife whipping in the process of work. An important advantage of the shubble knives is the flexibility of the blade, Allowing, do not spill the skin, deftly “bypass” bones and separate the skin from the animal meat. A characteristic feature of the blade is rather fat training and the presence of a hook on it directed to the handle of the product. From the inside the hook has an acute sharpening, which makes it easier to swell and capture the skins.
Blades of springs are made of low carbon, boulat or damask steel with the addition of various composite alloys. As additives, zirconium dioxide and titanium nitride are often used, and nickel and chrome are added to the downtown of anticorrosive effect to doped steel. In the manufacture of blades, grinding, chrome or binding technology is used, after which the product is ready for many years of operation.
According to GOST, the hardness of the blade of the spun knife on the Rockwell scale should be at least 55 HRC.
Knife handles are more often made of birch or walnut wood. Such models are characterized by a warm natural structure and in the conditions of winter hunting do not face the palm. Moreover, wooden handles are considered very light and durable and do not glide in her hand.
Recently, plastic or organic glass has been used for the production of the handle. However, experienced hunters argue that it is difficult to work hard and dangerous knives. When interacting with the blood of an animal, the handle becomes very slippery and often slips out of the palm.
As for the purpose of the shkinshable knife, his name speaks for itself. The tool is used for the initial carbure of the carcass and allows you to quickly remove the skin without damaging it and do not assign internal beast organs. The skin has a rather narrow specialization and as a ring or housing knife can not be used. The extracted skiing is often kept as a trophy and adorns the hunter’s house for many years. There are no cases when such products are transmitted from generation to generation, gaining raritet status over time.
However, not all sowing knives have a classic design. Often you can see the models equipped with a folding mechanism or a transverse handle, and the latter are more known as the taches.
And although Africa is considered the birthplace of springs, they received special popularity in the northern countries, where people were proof of centuries engaged in hunting and fishing. The most famous hammer of Scandinavian origin is the Finnish Pukko, which is actively used in his homeland and is even the status of traditional national weapons.
Classification of slices produced in the form and size of the blade.
- The most common species are Skinners, that translated from English (SKIN) means “skin” or “leather”. Skinner is a narrow-profile tool that is used to plow the abdomen and removing the skins from the animal carcass. For the secondary, deeper cutting of the game, such models are categorically not suitable.
Moreover, finally finished the beast of such a knife is also unreal. The blade has a rounded shape, a length of 10-13 cm and approximately the same handle. A distinctive feature of the blade is the straight upper part, which allows you to cut the skin very carefully, without irregularities. Skinner’s blade is quite wide, and the volatile is often equipped with a hook.
- DROP-POINT models Different with a wide thickened blade, sharpened in the middle, and direct overall. Such instances are used not only to remove the skins, but also for the separation of fat and finishing a raised beast.
- CLIP-POINT knives Categories the category of professional tools and differ from the previous species more narrowed and accentuated to the center of the blade. The blade has an excellent stitching ability, which allows you to sniff with the skin of any thickness. Obukh often has a bevel, the presence of sharpening on which depends on the model. Due to the rounded lift, the cutting edge has an enlarged area, which allows you to remove the skin very easily and quickly.
When choosing a knife for an impetence, you need to read with a number of important requirements,Purchase tool.
- First of all, it is necessary to pay attention to the metal, from which the knife is made. The best option will be Low carbon, bouquet, alloy or damask steel having nickel-plated coating. Such knives are not affected by rust, have the necessary blade hardness and serve for a very long time. In addition, the blades made from such steel varieties will retain the factory sharpening sharpness for a very long time and no longer need to be applied.
- The following criteria for choosing a barrel areForm and handle manufacturer. The knife should be good in hand and not slip during operation. To do this, handle should not be equipped with curved threads, have artistic bends or decorative furrows. The best material for its manufacture is moderately solid trees, which do not swell from constant contact with wet media, and during long-term storage are not cracking. Good handles are obtained from a tree wenge, corresponding to strict requirements imposed on the material in difficult conditions of operation.
- It is also necessary to pay attention to the presence of a ribbon ribbon on the blade, which increase its resistance perpendicular loads. In addition, the thinner there is a knife’s tire, the better, as it is much more convenient to separate the skin of meat with thin blade. However, work with too sharp blade is very delicate and requires a hunter for having great experience and certain skills.
- Another parameter to which you want to pay attention to the selection of a spout knife are its dimensions. Recently, the borders are used not only by lovers of hunting on a large beast, but also hunters for waterfowl game, and even fishermen. In such cases, you need to acquire smaller models with a thinner and long blade, the benefit that they are present on the shelves in a wide range.
- It is also necessary to pay attention toPlant manufacturer and try to acquire models of well-known, proven manufacturers. Foreign enterprises should mark products Swedish company EKA KNIVES, producing high-quality hodges that are high in demand at hunters and fishermen.
From domestic producers worth highlighting Plant in the city of Zlatoust Chelyabinsk region. Products of this enterprise do not need a view and well known not only in our country, but also far beyond.
Working with a sprinkling knife requires certain skills and skills, and the method of using the tool is entirely depends on the size of the beast and further “fate” of the skins. There are three ways to illustrate carcasses: “Plast”, “stocking” and “from the back”.
The first is used in relation to such beasts, like a bear, beaver, water rat, as well as to lastonodium and hoofs. To do this, make a cut from the lower jaw to the tail part, moving at the same line of the abdominal cavity of the beast. When removing the skins from the moles, water rats or beavers, the fur is removed using one section, cutting the paws and tail.
Sea animals, on the contrary, tails and paws leave intact. Cuts produce in the rear of the forelimbs, crossing the breast in the middle – from the right limb to the left. On the hind limbs, the incision is performed between the ears and the thrill joints from the back side, turning through the spray.
Write the knife very carefully, removing the skin with the paw and moving towards the ridge. From the head, the skin is always removed completely, and from the paw – depending on the beast. So, at the bears, she is filmed at the same time with claws, and beavers only at the level of heels and brushes, the claws remain on the ground. The described procedure is performed by a sharp knife.
However, in order to avoid puncture of the belly and pollution of fur, small blades, having a concave blade and sharpening, not getting to the tip of the blade 1 cm. The end of the blade in such models is usually thickened, and the edges have roundings. However, for the first extrem, which is performed under the lower jaw, take a knife with a pointed end, make them a short incision, after which the blade inserts into it with a blunt end and make a cut to the tail.
The second method is “from the back” – somewhat more complicated the previous one and is as follows: The main cut is made from the tail to the nape along the ridge, with a small retreat from the spine. Then returned to the tail and make cuts, heading towards the stomach, slightly reaching the rear pass. Next, cuts on the hind limbs are made as described in the previous method, departing at the same time by 1 cushk. Front legs “cut” above elbows on the inner sides of the shoulders, moving on the inside of the forearm.
After performing the main cuts, the skin is gently removed, paying special attention to the axillary collaps and the groin area, in which it is often damaged due to the large number of skin folds. The procedure is done with a sharp knife, trying to keep it almost parallel to the car. Skin and fat folds are lightly tighten and simultaneously promoted blade.
This technique is used only in cases where they want to make stuffed from the extracted animal. More often it is wolves, lyns, bears and other animals, which are planned to capture in a jump or standing on the hind legs.
The third way to remove the skins with the help of a braid is to remove the “stocking” and used in relation to small predators and rodents. For this, a sharp knife makes cuts on the paws, as in previous cases, removing the skin from the stop and fingers of the hind limbs of the animal.
Then the carcass are suspended for the hind legs, traveled to the fishing line between the Achilles tendons and the ankles. Next, the skin is fitted with a knife and tighten first from the rear legs and tail, and then from the entire carcass. If the skin is tight, it is removed in bulk, carefully separated by a knife from muscle tissue.
After operation, the sprinkled knife is well cleaned from the residues of animal tissues, washed in warm water using any cleaning agent and rinsed under streams of clean water.
Models made from damask steel and not past chrome procedure necessarily wipe dry with clean cloth and removed into a dry place. Otherwise, they quickly rust and lose their work properties. Store knives are recommended in unavailable places for children, previously removed in protective covers or wrapped with cloth.
Using a spherical knife for other domestic purposes, for example, to open canned canned cans, is strictly prohibited. This prohibition is due to the displacement of the central axis from the Blade Towns closer to its middle, because of what the knife can jump off the bank and injured the human.
If the knife with a wooden handle is not used for a long time, then it is removed for storage in a dry, well-ventilated room and are located away from heating devices. This will prevent the drying or swelling of the wood and significantly increase the life of the knife.
Next, see the video review of the shkuronum bouquet knives.