The history of the gun begins with the era of the Paleolithic, the Stone Age. The first blades were made of stone plates for use on the hunt as a weapon, as well as in times of wars. They also found widespread use and cooking.
Over time, for ease of use to the tools, a tree handles or bone began to attach. Wooden handles lead their origins since the time of the Vikings, such a handle did not burn her hand with harsh frost and did not slip when processing the carcass animals. With the development of a person, the development of the art of metalworking appeared bronze, copper, gold products. The latter were used when performing various rituals. Cutlery from silver or gold hygienic, they do not rust, silver has disinfection properties.
In the Iron Age there appeared knives from iron. They were quite varied, there were wave-like and sickle options. Knives always put in themselves mystical meaning, it gave rise to signs and superstition. So, in some countries it is not customary to give a knife, and in Japan, on the contrary, a gift in the form of a blade means the wish of good luck and protection against negative factors.
Such guns were used in rites, as well as in mourning ceremonies, so in ancient burials were often found knives.
In Russia and in European countries the knife was an attribute of a free man, because only a person who did not burden a knife. Until the XVII century knives were sharp. But There is a legend about how a table knife appeared with a rounded tip. Cardinal Richelieu was pretty squeaming and very picky in food. Once during the reception, one of the guests after dinner began to clean the teeth with a sharp tip, which caused an extreme perturbation of the cardinal.
To avoid such scenes at your table, he ordered that all the knives in the house rounded blades. The inhabitants of France took such an innovation as the last word fashion, and the further distribution of cutlery with a rounded tip was only the matter of time. The mass production of knives was adjusted by the end of the XIX century. At the moment the knives have a different design, so it’s not so difficult to choose a suitable knife.
The features of the cutle knife are the rounded blade, as well as the rounded end. Rounded blade do not sharpen. Similar stupid blades are needed for safety at the table, as well as in order to preserve the surfaces of the dishes. For the convenience of cutting meat products and vegetables on the blades make notches.
By the type of design, knives can be foldable, with a fixed blade, twin, with replaceable blades, skeletal. Folding hide the blade in the handle, when using a fixing mechanism holds the blade in working condition. Products with fixed blade have a durable blade compound with handle. Tychkovy have a dust view. Skeletal are made entirely of steel, while the handle is often wound with a lace or other anti-slip material.
Classification is also carried out by appointment of products. Highlight knives for tourism and hunting, weapons, universal, kitchen and special purposes. Knives for hunting and tourism can be used both for attack on animals and for lighting carcasses. Weapon can be used for sperm, in battles, when throwing, for self-defense.
Universal include a wide selection of folding knives, stationery from steel second grade, knives for everyday wearing applied in everyday life.
Consider the most popular home-use knives, it can be dining rooms, fish, snack bars, desserts, fruit, for steak, oil, cheese and others.
- Cutlery knives are one of the main serving knives, designed for the second dishes, length of about 20 cm.
- Fish has a wider blade resembling a blade, designed for fish dishes.
- Snathedral is used for snacks, usually put it right from fish knife.
- Dessert for cakes, various pies has a pointed tip.
- Fruit externally similar to dessert, but a little shorter.
- The knife for the steak is used for meat, meat dishes. It has a sharp end of the blade, a little raised upward, length is about 22 cm.
- Oil knife is used to spit both oil and jams on bread.
- Cheese has a split edge of the blade, used for cutting cheese.
- The baking make allows separating meat from bones.
- Slisser allows you to finely cut meat, sausage.
- Bread is capable of cutting bread, not leaving crumbs.
- For children, there are special children’s knives that are safe to use and meet their destination. They differ in a small size, ease, often meet multicolored handles.
Stainless steel knives are widely used. They are most durable to use, suitable for daily use. Such products are protected from rust, durable, resistant to temperature differences, do not leave the taste on the products, the appearance remains brilliant even with long use. However, such blades have flaws. The main disadvantage is the rapid blinking.
They have to sharpen them often, which leads to thinning of the blade. In pursuit of deposits of production, manufacturers often use low quality steel, which is why the product begins with products.
Ceramic knives currently have great popularity. Although they are very fragile, such products are capable of keeping the sharpness of the blade for a long time.
How to choose?
High-quality knives for home Must meet some criteria:
- Blade and handles must match the 50: 50 ratio or the blade may be slightly longer+
- High-quality device has a hidden pailer, noticeable on one side of the blade+
- The blade must be made of good steel, if you bend it, then it should acquire its original form+
- Such blade will not crack and will not cover rust stains+
- A good device must comply with the fastening rules of the blade, it must pass through the handle completely (inexpensive usually have a slightly wounded blade in the cavity of the handle)+
- The handle can be made of wood, metal or plastic, it should approach the sizes of the palm and be made of high-quality materials+
- The cost of a home set can not be low – high-quality processing of blades and manufacturing materials require costs.
It is recommended to acquire product data in the corporate store, which guarantees their quality.
Check the quality of steel products can be lighted, you need to ride on a clean and dry blade, then see how steam leaves.
If the spray is exactly covered the surface of the blade and flatly sued, it says about the homogeneity of steel. Thug can be assessed by ringing, it is necessary to suspend the selected product for the handle and the nail to flash the blade. Weathered metal should sound a high ring.
If you want to save the quality and appearance of the product, then It is necessary to draw attention to the recommendations for the care of knives.
- Before first use you need to rinse the blade of hot water. After use it is necessary to wash the knife with a small amount of detergent, then wipe it towards the blade with a soft cloth. Wash knives in the dishwasher is not recommended, as it can fasten the blade. Knives should be stored in dried form.
- Cleaning is performed using a cork stopper from a bottle. It should be hushed into sunflower oil, then in salt and wipe the knife. Then rinse the device with cool water and wipe the cloth. Also use special cleaning pastes. They will save the shiny view of all table devices in your home.
- Glass or stone cutting boards blot knives, so it is recommended to use wooden or polypropylene boards. Store the product is necessary in a separate location from other cutlery. It can be wooden or metal blocks that differ in their compactness. Or you can use magnetic holders that are comfortably attached to the surface of the furniture, walls.
- For sharpening blades use a grinding stone. When choosing a stone, you need to pay attention to the graininess: fine-grained used for editing knives, medium-trimmed edges, coarse grain products are used to reflect sharpening angle, edits of the blade. Musat also use, it is designed to edit knives. If not available data data, you can use sandpaper. For ease of use, waterproof emotion is recommended, it must be fixed on a flat surface and sharpening.