Sterilization or castration of animals fear many owners. Someone does not see the need for an operation, and someone has the procedure itself. And very vain. After all, medical technologies are developing every year more and more, and the region of veterinary medicine also can not not boast of new developments. Sterilization of cats and castration of cats is a pretty simple operation that can be performed on any four-side patient. The need for the procedure often occurs not only from mighty animals, but also in purebred, for example, at the Scottish Fold Cats.
Why need a procedure?
Castion Scottish cat is needed if the animal constantly marks the territory in the house. As you know, the smell of cat urine has its own characteristics, it is impossible not to notice, and sometimes even the potent detergents on alcohol do not cope with this trouble. If it is not possible to satisfy the sexual need of the cat, it is required to cast. After this procedure, the urine of cats has a less sharp smell, besides, the animals stop dusting the interior items and attend only tray. The same applies to female individuals. Metty Scottish girl is unlikely to become, but the night shouts at the door to the owners will definitely do not like.
If the animal does not offer a sexual partner, then he is a great risk of developing serious diseases up to oncology. In the cats in such a situation, the cancer of dairy glasses and ovaries is most often detected, cats – prostate cancer. Abstinence can cause other ailments of the genitourinary system: infections, inflammation, urethritis, prostatitis. Many owners solve the problem with hormonal tablets, however, in essence, the task is not solved.
Tablets reduce the desire of animals, but the risk of dangerous above diseases does not go anywhere.
Pros and cons
Deciding for the operation for his pet, the owner will help the following facts.
- As noted, sterilization and castration Cats significantly reduces the risk of formation of serious pathologies of the urogenital system.
- It is proved that sterilized cats live longer than those giving birth. The fact is that during childbirth, the animal loses its health and forces, because the cat has to give birth several times a year, and the average life expectancy of the Plaid’s lifetime – 10-14 years. Sterilization is able to extend the cat life for 3-4 years.
- Reduced risk of pet loss. Now an animal that nature calls on the street, will not be near the doors to wait for the right moment to escape. This is especially true for residents of the upper floors. Often cats in search of a partner run through windows and balconies, and it can be dangerous for their lives and health.
- If there was no partner of the suitable breed for the Scottish Fold Domestic Pet, then you have to knit a pet with a representative of unsuitable blood. This leads to the receipt of offspring that has no value. Kittens will be difficult to sell or distribute, powerless individuals often appear on the street. Sterilization will reduce the number of homeless animals.
Before burning the animal to a veterinary clinic for castration or sterilization, it is worth considering some risks that this procedure carries.
- After the operation, animals, especially cats, because of hormonal reasons begin to quickly gain weight. Choosing a nestrated cat requires a serious approach. To maintain the health of the animal, it is necessary to buy expensive feed.
- During the sterilization of the cat, anesthesia is introduced. If the animal has heart problems, it may not transfer anesthesia anesthesia. Therefore, before the procedure necessarily requires a complete medical examination.
- If the external seam is used during sterilization, then the next few days the cat must be in the afternoon. The owner must be followed so that the pet is not clinging for the dressing, did not take off the poppoup and did not break the seams.
Of great importance in the execution of the operation has the age of pet. If the procedure is too early, then the general development of the animal may be somewhat oppressed, since sex hormones at a young age have an impact on the growth process of the kittens of the Scottish breed. Too late procedure does not always eliminate the cat from the habit of marking the territory, and some cats continue to the process, although they are no longer able to give birth.
The optimal age of the cat for castration is 10-12 months.
Such a Scotsman is already considered to be sexually created, that is, sex hormones by this time performed their function in the development of the animal, and the elimination of their operation will not affect the health of the cat. You can conduct an operation and later.
Sterilization of female individuals is carried out at about the same age. In 10-12 months, the cat has already strengthened and can now move the operation without complications. At a later age, it is possible to perform sterilization, but it is worth considering some risks.
- If the cat has already taken place in sex, The function of the ovaries for the production of hormones takes on the pituitary gland, which means that even after the sterilization, the hormonal animal background can be broken.
- Latest age There is a possibility of developing postoperative complications. The young Scotland is easier to transfers the anesthesia and the procedure itself, it will be restored to the skin quickly, and the risk of infection is reduced.
Do not be afraid when, after the procedure, a veterinarian will give you a semi-mounted animal almost unconscious. In this form, the pet can be up to the day – this is an action of anestous. It is better to leave a sleeping cat on her favorite bed, but necessarily on the floor. Gradually, the cat will begin to recover, at first she will have the coordination of movements, and if it wakes up on the hills, for example, on the window, it will be able to fall on the floor and get injured. By the way, before the operation of animals is not recommended to feed.
If the owner is neglected by this rule, then the pet from the anesthesia will begin to tear on the floor, which means that the owner is waiting for a big cleaning.
Mandatory rule in the postoperative period – peace and heat. In no case, do not leave the sterilized cat on the balcony or on the terrace – it can even lead to death. Watch the animal to distinguish the wound area. If sterilization was carried out intradermal seam, then the cat is not needed. If it was an external seam, a special popone is put on the animal, and after about 10 days the owner again will have to visit the veterinary doctor to remove the seams.
If the operation was performed by a laparotomic method, then from the second day it is required to handle seams with antiseptics and ointments.
After the operation, each owner is obliged to change the diet of the pet. For example, for cats, a daily portion is recommended to reduce. The menu should be supplemented with fiber and boiled meat. If the owner prefers feed the pet with a special feed, then it should be premium and super premium products. For food issues for a particular animal, it is recommended to consult a veterinarian. The doctor will not simply advise the products of the most suitable manufacturer, but also individually calculates the daily rate of feed.
About the eryylation of the cat look next.