Russian Long-haired Toy Terrier – Compact Decorative Dog Breed, distinguished Fearless, High Intelligence and Live temperament. Miniature animals have an attractive appearance and are quite capable of competing with foreign analogues. Today, Russian Toya, both long-haired and short-haired, can be seen at international exhibitions, including as a champion. But for many years of the breed did not receive recognition on the world stage and was considered exclusively national treasure.
History of origin
Russian, and earlier – the Moscow long-haired Toy Terrier, was born due to the peculiarities of the political system in the USSR. For the appearance of the breed, the “iron curtain” and the overall deficiency of decorative rocks in post-revolutionary Russia. There are once popular English to-terriers declared with remnants of the bourgeois past, almost completely destroyed as a class before the beginning of the Second World War.
The remaining dogs were difficult to attribute to purebred. But the importation of miniature tours from Germany in the postwar years made domestic breeders to start their own experiments on the revival of the former fashion on decorative animals.
For many years, Braders-enthusiasts acted almost blindly: they were sure that the lost livestock of the English breed was recreated. But Moscow Toy Terrier, as it turned out, found their own characteristic appearance. For them, miniature was characterized: the dimensions were 1.5 times smaller than that of foreign fellows, the shape of the skull and the physique also turned out to be fundamentally different. In addition, by 1958, the crossing of smooth-haired parents received offspring with the dominant genome of long-whose.
The efforts of breeders appeared on the paws, tail, ears managed to secure as a breed sign. So the Moscow long-haired Toy Terrier appeared, charming and no one like. Until 1996, the breed existed rather at the amateur level, and only after the formation of the National Club, exhibitions began and issued official documents for puppies.
With international recognition, too, not everything was smooth. But in 2006, FCI still assigned the rock individual number 352 and included in the registry as conditionally admitted to participation in international exhibitions. True, without rearing the features of similarity with a terrier, both varieties – and smooth-haired, and long-haired – we gave the unified name “Russian that”. Competitions for the title of international champions (Int CH) dogs were admitted in 2017 after full. The American Cynological Federation, by the way, gave Russian toam to the admission for their dog show back in 2008.
Description of breed
Russian, or, according to an outdated name, a Moscow long-haired Toy Terrier is a shaggy compact dog, characterized by elegant addition and fineness. The grace he retains not only at a young age. Adult Russian is the sizes in the withers from 20 to 28 cm and weigh no more than 3 kg. The sophistication of addition does not interfere with the dog to stay strong moving individuals without behavioral and genetic problems.
Today, the fluffy puppies of Russian Toya are born only in long-haired parents, and thoroughbred dilution pays great attention. Of this line has a length of up to 5 cm, can be straight and slightly wavy. Countries are formed on the ears in the form of a fringe, on the paws.
The list of permissible colors includes redhead color (classic and tangible), black, blue and brown with a sang, cream. On a bright red background spots most often chocolate, purple.
To reduce the evaluation of the appearance of the colors of wool include zonar and freak options. In addition, the monophonic black, chocolate (brown), lilac and blue are not too welcome. Tribal marriage includes all the options for spotted, marble, pancrees and tiger colors. They are considered unacceptable for use in breeding. Spots are considered white spots on the throat, abdomen, skull, a pronounced curl of the coarse cover. Detailed description of the breed, according to the standard, includes a dog assessment on many signs.
- Frame Square format with a weakly pronounced withers, straight back line. The croup is below the blades, beveled, rounded. The chest is clearly contacted, has an exhaust form, deep. Line of belly taut, with embossed bending.
- Neck long, with high supplies, has a small but noticeable bend.
- Limb Long, dry, elegant. Shoulders have equal length with blades. The hind limbs are straight, have a slightly wider post, the thighs are muscular, the paws are compact, tightly compressed, oval shape.
- Tail may have a natural length or relief. With natural length – cherry, is located at the level of the back or slightly lifted over it.
- Head With a compact rather wide skull, weakly pronounced flat cheekbones. The muzzle is pointed, stop clearly highlighted. The nose of the nose has a black or brown tint, it is proportional to the sizes, pigmentation of the lips black.
- Bite Scissors, permissible incomplete completeness of the teeth (no more than 2 cutters on the jaw).
- Ears large, thin, highly supplied, directed vertically and slightly to the sides.
- Eyes large, rounded shapes, slightly convex, widely placed. Rainbow shell can be darker or brighter depending on the main color gamut color.
Defects of rock include any inconsistencies to the standard. An incident is considered to be an increase of more than 28 cm, low tail planting, grains on the ears, any kinds of bite, except for scissor-shaped. Double dwarf deficiencies include dwarfs: the body weight of an adult dog should not be less than 1 kg.
Marble animals are sent to marriage, spotted colors, pure white wool, tiger stripes. Vices of behavior: increased cowardity, the manifestation of aggression leads to the fact that the animal is not allowed to breed.
Incorrect physique with a violation of the main type of constitution is also considered an unacceptable defect.
Living, funny dogs – Russian Toi – are able to bring their host only positive impressions. Features of the nature of this breed imply a constant need for close communication with the owner. The lightest temperament and good temper turns the puppy, and the adult dog in the pet of the whole family, able to cheer the baby or dispel the sad thoughts of the adult.
Despite the miniature sizes, Russian is a mini-hurricane capable of arranging a stir in a house or apartment. Especially puppies puppies, they can start spoiling furniture or things. In addition, TII is quite loud, they relate to “calls”, which will not be passed by any intruder.
Breeders note that miniature toilers have a living, fast mind, their intellectual abilities are enough to master the set of teams.
These dogs are good psychologists and manipulators, they use their charm to get an extra piece of food or climb on the desired sofa to the owner. But in combination with an easy temper and incredible charm, this character trait is unlikely to scare away like fans from buying a pet.
Healthy animal easily reaches age 10-15 and even 20 years, Saving a puppy pad to the oldest. These dogs are not inclined to manifest genetic defects, have strong immunity. But due to the convex shape of the eyeball, they may suffer from cataract, retinal atrophy, conjunctivitis. Pretty large skull can contribute to the development of hydrocephalus.
Often in the health problems of the pet guilty the owners themselves. For example, giving the Russian to the smoked and salty food from its table, you can promote the development of pancreatitis.
Careless handling of animals, especially from the side of children, can lead to fractures of thin bone of an elegant dog.
Content and care
Correct care for fluffy puppies and adult dogs is a whole complex of events, allowing the pet to maintain a neat presentable species. Russian with long wool needs a periodic hygienic haircut at least 1 time in half. It is not recommended to promine the coat of coat, if there is less than a month before the exhibition: it will not have time to grow up to the standard length. All types of haircuts of the terrier in this case are divided into several types.
- Model. A fantasy approach allows both to do with fibilosses, so creating unusual patterns on the body. In addition, you can make the original hairstyle using decorative rhinestones, hairpins, weaving. This will also easily cope with a professional groomer who knows the subtleties of the breed.
- Hygienic. Removes the animal-hindered wool, long ads are shortened. In some cases, the haircut is made before medical manipulations, taking into account the peculiarities of operational intervention.
- Classic. They imply an improvement in the appearance of a dog without a significant shortening of wool. Focus on the uplift, tail, paws, ears. The hairs of uneven length are removed, a beautiful silhouette is formed.
- Under a puppy. Wool shocked, reminding the appearance of a puppy fluff. Such a haircut is considered summer, helps the dog easier to carry heat.
- For girls. It uses an unusual welcome with wool shorting on the paws, while preserving elegant ears and tail. The silhouette is light and refined, and the hygiene of the limbs is minimized.
Hygienic care for Russian phones also does not cause labor. The compact animal needs a separate place for sleep and recreation: from a joint sleep due to the brittleness of the dog’s bones is better to refuse. For a walk in the cold, you can buy a popone or overalls in size. The shiver of the body should not be taken for the sign of freezing: this is a manifestation of nervous excitement, it indicates a worried riding of emotions. Among the mandatory hygienic procedures for the dog will definitely need to be carried out:
- Unlocking wool – several times a week with a frequent comb or metal comb+
- Removal of Koltunov – Soft fluffy wool prone to their formation+
- bathing – No more than 3 months, if there is no urgent need, the skin of the dog is inclined to dry out+
- Cleaning teeth – We need weekly using veterinary pastes for the prevention of the dental stone+
- Sanitary processing of ears – They can be amazed by ticks, in addition, the breed is prone to otititis, a frequent inspection is recommended+
- Cleansing corners of the eye from pollution and organic+
- Trimming the tips of claws – It is necessary once in 20-30 days.
Despite the fact that in general, Russian is a healthy and strong dog, it is worth paying attention to the conditions of its content.
You need to avoid drafts, protect your pet from the height jumps. An animal is contraindicated nervous shocks, at home is better to create a calm atmosphere. I walked the breed representatives moderate, they are easily trained to visit the tray and do not tend to “miss” by him, maintain cleanliness in the house.
What and how to feed?
Russian feeding is better to organize in the same way as it was organized in the nursery. If the puppy is already accustomed to natural food, you can not translate it to dry food. Representatives of this breed perceive perfectly Beef and poultry meat. They need to grind them before serving. You can also use by-products, once a week to give ocean boiled fish.
Toy Terrier perceive vegetables in the diet. Little dogs are well eating carrots and beets, cucumbers, cabbage (you can drink vegetable oil). Apples and pears are suitable as a delicacy, sliced on banana pieces. The share of cereals in the composition of the power reaches 30%. It is better to choose hypoallergenic low-calorie options: rice, buckwheat, oats. Not too useful toams corn, wheat.
Despite the overall usefulness of fermented milk products, it is not necessary to give them some little dogs. Whole milk give only puppies. Cottage cheese, kefir, Prostokwash give no more than 2 times a week. Excluded to receive additional feeding during the day, it is impossible to allow eating found on the street.
Among the natural food, which is for the Russian Toya in the area of a strict prohibition, you can highlight spices, sausages and sausages, chicken egg protein. Does not bring the benefit of a dog nuts, butter, sour cream and other high-calorie products. WThunderstorm Health Dogs carry pickles, smoked.
A balanced diet can be provided by a pet due to the proper selection of dry feed.
Compact animal needs In specialized nutrition, taking into account its needs in calories, beneficial substances. Cheap Economy Code can harm the dog’s health. But super premium and holistic rations are deprived of this shortage. They have everything you need, you only need to take into account the level of mobility, the age category.
The frequency of adult animal feedings is not more than 2 times a day. Russian is inclined to obesity, it is important not to exceed the recommended calorie. Puppies up to 3 months are fed 5-6 times a day, night and late meals can be saved. Until six months, food issuance is produced 3-4 times a day, by the year the dog should eat twice a day.
How to educate?
The upbringing of a Moscow long-haired Toy Terrier or, as it is now called, Russian, begins with the development of basic content principles in the house. Pet must learn where his place is located, bowls with food and water, respond to the nickname and call of the owner. It is from the first days to start working on the teaching dog to a tray or diaper – In puppy age, this is much ease of pet content.
The basic course of training by Russian IU is needed to increase discipline. It will be enough to undergo a UGS course under the guidance of an experienced instructor. It will be quite difficult to achieve obedience from the dog. The resourceful to the terrier will simply schitrit or will be frankly bored during classes. Fast achieving success in training will definitely not be, but when using game techniques, you can teach a pet mass of interesting tricks.
How to cope with behavior problems?
Russian TOIs are light-affordable dogs, on any exterior stimuli responding to perky lem. Forgive such behavior, the animal is not worth the animal, but you need to act much thinner than with the owners of a coarser constitution. PSA from Laya will not work with neither caressing nor threats. The optimal will be a specific action plan.
- With the manifestation of undesirable behavior, the dog should be strictly abandoned “Fu!”Or” can not!”.
- Maximum that you can apply from the options of physical exposure, it is a light flop with a newspaper.
- Puppy, barking to attract attention, you can ignore. With an adult dog it does not work.
- Unwanted physical reactions can be extinguished by distracting attention. If the pet is not fighting in hysterics, it can work.
From an excess of feelings, Russian Toi can be slightly biting their owners. When trying to show emotions in this way it is worth expressing indignation by intonations, but not to punish the animal physically. Any joint classes should be interrupted immediately. Targetful communication with the owner of this will be enough to reconsider its behavior.
About how to raise the Russian Tooa, you will learn from the following video.