In the modern world, people are increasingly acquiring pets. If earlier it could only be dogs and cats, now many are preferred to rodents living in cells. Most people believe that these pets are not limited, do not require special attention and extensive care costs. However, it is not so.
A prime example is the content of chinchilla – rodent with an unusually soft and rich fur. It is known that they are famous for their cleanness and measured, mostly night, lifestyle. But this does not mean that small pets do not require special attention. As required! The cost of their content is quite large. Therefore, before purchasing a little animal, it is important to familiarize yourself with some nuances.
What conditions are needed?
First of all, it is necessary to note the main features of the content of chinchilla concerning accommodation in close proximity to the person.
It is important to understand that chinchilla is an exotic animal with a rather brittle physique and not particularly strong nervous system. Therefore, it cannot be subjected to any stressful situations, as this can lead to the health problems of the animal. For this reason, it is necessary to think well when buying an animal as a gift to a child up to 12 years.
Of course, you need to take into account the consciousness and the level of responsibility from the child whether it can contain an animal safe and safety.
Chinchilla fur is recognized as safe for people suffering from allergies or asthma.
However, the filler and sand used in the housing of the rodent can cause a lot of trouble. Small particles of such substances are in the air, reach the respiratory tract and cause an allergic reaction.
Many are wondering if Chinchilla is “walking” in the apartment. Experts do not advise to get involved in a similar procedure, because in the human dwelling of a grave animal expects a huge amount of dangers: it is a wire with electricity, and poorly stable furniture, and various liquids containers. Moreover, the quick run is also unsafe for the animal: the chinchilla can rise in the temperature capable of leading even to a stroke. And then, Chinchilla is a rodent, so all the wires and valuable items better keep from it away. For the state of the rodent in the cell, you can definitely not worry, the main thing is to take care of the comfort and availability of entertainment.
Radiors do not recommend leave chinchillas on a period of more than 1.5 days. Of course, the animal can easily cope without you a little more than a day, it is enough for the left water and food. However, it is important to take into account the restlessness of the animal and possible breakdowns in the cage. It often happens that rodent breaks drinking and drags food, which can become a problem if he is one at home.
If we talk about joint living, then The perfect option is a female and male, as a last resort, you can settle near two males of one litter, But do not forget that same-sex animals get along in one territory pretty hard. At the animals of this kind there is always a lot of things, so living alone, they will definitely not be bored. Chinchilla breeding is quite complicated: it is necessary to have two cells, and for six months after delivery you need to make the male and female separately.
It is also worth considering the fact that veterinarians specializing in the treatment of such rodents like chinchillas are exclusively in major cities. The doctor in an ordinary hospital can simply do not own some knowledge about this form, and even cause injury. It is important to be ready for the fact that many questions regarding the health of the animal will need to be addressed independently.
When the content of chinchilla in the apartment is important to take into account the following features:
- The temperature in the room where the rodent lives must be from +14 to +25 degrees to provide animal conditions as close as possible to natural+
- The cage should not be under direct sunlight, it also needs to be protected from drafts, and the presence of the heating devices is better to avoid+
- Chinchillas are especially sensitive to loud sounds, so it is undesirable to use noisy technique in this room.
Choosing a cell
Cell – House for chinchilla, where she spends almost all of their lives. Therefore, it is important to take care that the dwelling is as comfortable and adapted to the existence of rodent in the apartment. There are several factors for which you need to pay attention when choosing a design.
- The size. Certainly, the cell must be spacious and high so that the animal can calmly move, play and entertain as it will be comfortable.
- Ripples. Chinchilla – Rodzun. Consequently, the animal got used to everything and always taste. The rods at the cell will not be an exception, wooden or plastic rails it will surely try to strip to risk to escape to freedom. For this reason, the optimal material for the rod will be metal, which, of course, is not under the power of pets.
- The gap between the rod. Chinchilla – extremely movable and flexible animals. They will crawl out without much difficulty, seemingly narrow gaps. To block the rodents the path to the unwanted freedom for the owner, it is necessary to choose a cell with a distance between the rods of at least 1.5 centimeters.
- The quality of the material used. This criterion needs to pay special attention. Make sure that the cell walls are not covered with any paint or varnish. In case of contact with chinchillas, such substances will cause severe irritation capable of leading to poisoning, and even the death of the animal.
For the content of chinchilla in the apartment there are two types of cells, each of which has obvious advantages, and visible flaws.
The hosts often prefer precisely such cells with rods. First of all, they are easily clean and are well ventilated, of which rodents of rodents are removed without much difficulty.
As a disadvantage, you can consider low noise insulation, more precisely, its complete absence. As you know, chinchillas lead a predominantly nightlife, that is, the most active period for them is the dark time of the day when people sleep. In the metal cage, each action of the animal is heard by the owners sleeping, for example, in the same room. Of course, it causes a lot of inconveniences.
Due to the activity of chinchillas can throw out the residues of the feed or filler “overboard” cells. Obviously, through the rod, all this easily flies on the floor. Therefore, the area of cleaning increases – you need to take care of the purity around the cage.
This type of dwelling for chinchilla is a wooden structure, several walls of which are made of metal mesh or glass. In comparison with the first option, the showcase definitely wins in the question of noise insulation – the animals in it at all are not heard. Also, feed and filler do not fly beyond the limits of the frame, as it is made of solid material.
A serious disadvantage is the fact that the showcases are inconvenient to wash, the tree absorbs smells well, and from excessive moisture can swell. In order to comply with sanitary standards, such a dwelling must be changed periodically.
The variety of cells does not affect its components. Inside, there must be several shelves suspended at different heights.
A kind of ladder will become a great simulator for rodents and will allow them to jump as much as.
Selection of accessories
Obviously, not only the sizes of the cells and materials are important, of which it is made, but also the internal filling of the dwelling for your shaggy pet. Consider the main accessories that the hosts chinshill are most often preferred.
- Begin, perhaps, it is necessary from the bottom of the cell, which should be the most safe and non-injuring animal legs. You can choose a dense carpet or to give preference to chip or hay. So that Chinchilla has always been busy business, a variety of sports shells must be present in the cage, which, in addition, will help the animal to maintain physical shape and endurance. These are all sorts of stairs, running wheel, labyrinths, tunnels.
- Separate house required for animal solitude. In Him, Chinchilla will be able to stay with them a bit, relax from the Eye constantly looking at her and enjoy loneliness. I will sleep comfortably there. The house can be purchased in a pet store or make yourself from a tree.
- Moreover, for rest, the pet can be equipped with a zone with a hammock, which will definitely have to taste. Hammak is purchased in the pet store and hangs on the ceiling or cell walls.
- Bathing with candied in her sand. It is attached to the walls of the cell so that due to the active life of the rodent the molds did not turn over. It can also be made with your own hands using a raised plastic bottle or even canisters. High quality sand can be bought in the store of products for animals, then pour a layer about 0.5 centimeters. So he was always clean and brought rodent pleasure, it is important to change it once every two weeks.
- Drinking. Perhaps this is one of the first items in the list of accessories required chinchilla. Drip rider – perfect option. It must be suspended by 10 centimeters above the floor of the cell. Water should be changed as pollution and, of course, as soon as it end. Use best bottled or boiled liquid.
- Cordushka. You can give preference outdoor, but then it should be made of heavy material so that the animal does not drag it from place to place and did not bite. Or choose a mounted feeder, preemptive attaching it to the wall of the cell.
It is necessary to provide in advance to the location of each of the accessories in line with the size of the cell. It is important that every item is needed and useful for a pet, and not just occupied the place and delivered anxiety to an animal, located in the already cramped cell.
Are you needing toys?
For an active animal there is nothing worse than constant boredom. Of course, the owners must take care that Chinchilla makes something in her cell. Otherwise, rodent begins to pull off his own fur, which gives him psychological and physical pain.
Consider the main types of toys that you can attract chinchilla.
- Tunnel. Animals especially like to swipe through wooden and plastic pipes, playing hide and seek. In order not to lose the randomly asleep rodent, as it often happens, you can buy a transparent tunnel. Make sure that the diameter of the device is more than 30 millimeters, otherwise the chinchilla is stuck.
- Hammock. In pet stores, buyers offer climbing, wooden or plastic designs for leisure animal. They can also be with several tiers, which, of course, will be even more interesting for pet.
- A shelf. The device that is attached to the rods of the cells at a height of about 80 centimeters so that the animal does not suffer with the unsuccessful jump. Several installed shelves will provide a permanent physical activity of active rodents.
- Lestenka. Small designs are perfectly suitable for constant development of naps of animal or draining teeth. The perfect option is your own hands – a wooden wand, supplied vertically and leading from the shelf to the bottom of the cell.
- Suspended toys. They are most often equipped with various noisy details that are called unprecedented delight from Chinchilla. Animals can play with them as they want, but at night, of course, it is better to clean such things from the cage.
- Wheel. A good simulator helps the pet maintain physical shape and be constantly engaged. It can be made of plastic, wood or metal. The perfect option is an aluminum wheel, however, he has the highest value in the market for animal products.
- Ball. This design is necessary for walking around the room. An animal climbs inside and, turning over the paws, rides around the room. According to the experience of many owners, it is known that such entertainment is not always safe for Rodent, as he may not have enough air. Then it is better to remove foreign objects and let the animal go around the room without any balls.
Features of feeding
Food for chinchilla performs not only the satisfaction of physiological needs, but also a peculiar ritual, receiving true pleasure. They adore all sorts of treats for rodents, however, the owners are important to know the measure and feed their wards correctly, so as not to overdo the fluffy pets in relation to the fragile.
Verified and all suitable option – Purchase of finished mixtures, which contain all the necessary vitamins and minerals for the successful development of the animal.
Since the animal is active at night, the reception of food should also come to the dark day of day. Chinchilla quickly gets used to food offered to her, and over time loses appetite. Therefore, it is necessary to change the diet once every six months.
Of course, the chinshilla menu depends on age, gender, the physical condition of the beast, and even from the time of year. It is important to constantly take care of the presence of vitamins, minerals in the food, fatty acids, otherwise the pet will be insufficiently useful elements, which will lead to various diseases from the beast and pathologies of his cub.
Per year one chinchilla requires 10 kilograms of combined feed and 7 kilograms of hay. The daily rate of food intake of one adult chinchilla is about 60 grams. Of these, about 25 grams fall on the combined feed and hay, 5 grams – on vegetables and herbs, not more than 4 grams – on delicacies, and should also be 20 milliliters of water.
Food must be purchased in specialized stores so that all proportions are met in its composition. Any violations lead to the pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. For more favorable chinchilla development, it is fashionable to give her additional vitamins from nature. You can dial hay from legumes and cereals, vasileuk, chicory.
Watch the fern, hat, buttercup into rodents feeder.
For feeding you can contact the help of fresh grass. For example, chinchillas love just collected nettle, dandelion, rhubarb or leaves of trees, hawthorn fruits, and even dried fruits. The main thing is to observe the measure.
It is forbidden to feed chinchillas of animal origin, as they will not be able to digest protein contained in it. High calorie nuts are also undesirable. There are both mandatory elements that rodents are constantly necessary. This is a chalk stone with any vitamin additives and salt lisunets.
Rules of bathing
Chinchillas are known as one of the chubby animals. At home, they constantly take care of their fur themselves. However, in care, they are still sometimes needed human assistance that it is not difficult to do at home.
Once a week rodent requires swimming in the sand. As mentioned above, for this purpose it is necessary to specially purchased in the pet store or made by hand the baths in which you need to pour clean sand.
You can also use volcanic dust, it will give the fur special shine.
Let the animal in a swimming pool, he himself knows what to do. And you can watch the happy creation that gets an incredible pleasure from the sandy bath. Bathing is better not to leave more than 30 minutes, because the chinchillas love to fall asleep in the sand, and it dries the skin. Contact the help of the bathing more often once every five days no need.
To mock the wool chinchill is strictly forbidden, as it takes a lot of time on his drying, and the animal can be cold. Moreover, water can fall into the ears, and this is a direct path to the inflammatory process, which is very bad for a fragile animal. Rapiders advise in case of severe pollution of fur to use a wet towel and a clean ridge.
Chinchillas – the full opposite of dogs and cats, they are almost impossible to tame them, teach to be submissive. They love loneliness and are ready to spend most of the time alone with themselves. Of course, exceptions happen, and rodent is ready to go to the hands of the owner, submissrate tenderness and affection.
In order for chinchilla in the future, there was a more manual and appeal, since childhood it is necessary to take care of its taught. At first – approximately 3 weeks after the purchase of chinchilla, let it get used in a new place, get used to an unfamiliar atmosphere.
After a certain period of time, you can contact with a new family member. Start approaching the cage, open it, pull the palm to meet the animal. Most likely, Chinchilla will be interested, it will sniff, and even bitch your fingers. Well, if the pet jumps into your hands, however, it is important not to scare it. Do not pull the chinchilla from the cage, but, on the contrary, give again time to adapt.
In the following times you can try to call the rodent from its dwelling, invite to your knees or on the shoulders. At this time, the pet needs to handle and call the nurse. Every success is necessary to fix delicate.
At the next stage of contact with chinchilla, you can go to the employee. The most pleasant places for her: behind the ear, in the breast or neck. But the backs, barrels and the tail is better not to touch, it can cause a feeling of fear.
If suddenly, with tactile contacts you will hear cracks, then it is better to leave the animal alone.
Specialists strictly forbid to take the chinchilla strength, it can react to this scratching or bite. It is allowed to be done only if necessary: if an animal needs a medical examination. If you become often catching it, your hands will seem to her a hazard signal, then contact will definitely lose.
What should not be done?
Relying on feeders’ reviews, It is worth making a detailed list of what is exactly impossible to do in relation to Chinchilla:
- produce it from the cell to the room not freed from various dangers+
- Losing to the street, there the animal can catch a cold, get any infection, and even escape+
- Bath in water.
In fact, there are no special difficulties in the content of chinchilla. Of course, it is important to take into account a lot of aspects so that the pet successfully grow and develops, but it will be quite simple for the one who actually loves animals.
For the features of the content and care of chinchillas, see the following video.