Homemade rodents please their owners funny behavior, cute appearance. They are unpretentious in everyday life, however, small pets need care and care. To prevent unpleasant smell, maintaining cleanliness and ensuring a comfortable existence of the animal, you need to choose the right filler.
An important role in maintaining healthy hygiene of home rodents plays the type of filler. Properly selected flooring contributes to maintaining a good mood of a homely animal, prevention of parasites. The flooring helps clean the wool and serves as insulation.
Before the appearance of finished compositions, the following fillers were used.
- Paper. Cheap flooring, he badly absorbs moisture, does not cope with an unpleasant smell.
- Sand. Effective in eliminating odor, well absorbs moisture, however, it must often be changed.
- Clay. The substance copes with the smell and absorbs moisture well, but sticks to the legs. The composition may contain quartz dust, which is unsafe for health.
- Hay. The natural component of plant origin effectively copes with the smell, but does not absorb liquid. Hard stems can damage the skin of a pet.
With the advent of the prepared compositions, their popularity is growing every year. This is due to the convenience of applying, health, environmental safety.
Modern fillers are produced based on:
- Organic Materials: corn, wood, grain waste+
- Mineral components, For example, silica gel.
Wood-based filler enjoys considerable demand. It consists of small particles that are made of compressed sawdust.
The advantages of this type of litter include such moments:
- Effective absorption of moisture+
- Fast neutralization odor+
- The material prevents the appearance and spread of bacteria+
- In the composition of natural components predominate.
- uncomfortable for small rodents and babies who love to dig in the litter+
- In the presence of wood dust, an allergic reaction is possible+
- You should be attentive when choosing a tree of wood – not all rocks are equally suitable for one or another animal type.
It is important to note that wood-based wood-based flooring may contain heavy resins that have a negative impact on the respiratory tract of pets. Fruit trees are considered safe.
For the manufacture of litter used components of recycled wood. They are ideal for small animals.
Among the advantages:
- Naturality of composition+
- The presence of chip size+
- acceptable value+
- can be disposed of in garbage chute.
There is such a filler and certain disadvantages.
- Excessive airiness. Sawdust easily split in different directions, so you have to clean up often.
- The material is not well absorbed by moisture.
- Poorly neutralizes unpleasant odors.
- Allergic reaction is possible. In order to avoid such an effect, the flooring is recommended before use sissing.
- The presence of solid pinch can be dangerous for rodent. He can be bored or scattered.
- Little effect.
- Should be attentive when choosing a tree of wood.
- Wood particles are easily stuck in wool.
It is important to note that oak-based sawdusts have sharp edges that may hurt the animal.
Flooring from cellulose
The litter is considered the safest for small pets.
Among the benefits are distinguished:
- No allergic reaction+
- The material is not stuck in the wool of animals, and does not create any inconvenience.
Among the disadvantages:
- volatility – the material is easily scattered in different directions+
- Low efficiency in absorbing unpleasant odors+
- Complexity in the acquisition – such types of flooring are rarely taken into pet stores.
Corn cobbing filler is considered the highest quality, convenient and safe. It is suitable for both large and small animals.
Positive quality material:
- Effective absorption of moisture+
- Fast elimination of unpleasant odors+
- Long effect+
- The material is not stuck in the wool, does not scratch the rodent skin+
- does not have a negative impact on the health of a small friend.
Negative sides also have:
- Animal will constantly scatter the filler+
- like cellulose, such a material is difficult to buy.
The flooring is recommended to acquire in pet stores. It is better to choose proven stamps, because poor-quality product is able to cause irreparable damage to the pet. When choosing, it is important to take into account some characteristics.
- Pet size. Little animals will be comfortable litter with small granules. Larger in the soul will get big granules. You can test a few types of flooring and see what the most likely like the animal.
- The ability of filler to absorb moisture and unpleasant odors. This is especially true if there are many animals in the house.
- Safety of composition. It is important to remember that the presence of synthetic impurities, wood dust and aromatic substances can cause allergic reactions. It is recommended to give preference to natural compositions. With a tendency to allergic reactions, you can choose the composition based on cellulose.
When buying wood flooring, you should remember that any wood breeds will be suitable for rats. Chinchillas prefer dry sowers of any breeds. But the guinea pigs are likely to choose large sawdust of soft breeds, such as alder or poplar.
Properly selected filler is the pledge of the health and longevity of the animal.
Read more about rodent fillers you will learn from the following video.