Modern Aquarium is not only the habitat of fish, but also the thing adorning the interior of the room. For this reason, absolutely all owners try to maintain his impeccable appearance. Nevertheless, even with thorough care, the wall of the artificial reservoir can be covered with a strange green chain. You should know what kind of flare, why he appears, and how to remove it.
What it is?
Sometimes the slightest change in the appearance of the aquarium causes the owner to panic, especially if the prerequisites for such changes were observed. Green raid arises gradually, and it turns out due to the special type of algae, which is always in the aquarium. These algae are called cantocacures and xenococcuses. Most of the time of its existence, they are not harassable, and the green flare, resulting in the process of their livelihood, is removed relatively easily manually or the snails and bottom catches eaten.
However, if the ecosystem in the reservoir is broken, algae begin to multiply rapidly, and this leads to a variety of problems. The coccursors form green dust, which settles on the glasses, and also covers the water surface. In the launched cases through the glass, nothing can be seen, and the wicked flask appears in a few days again.
As for xenococcus, they parasitize on the leaves of plants, manifesting in the form of points. Remove the scattered stains is extremely difficult, you have to tear the whole leaves. If you ignore xenococcus, he will “lead” by himself new inhabitants.
The water tank will be a place of residence of more dangerous algae, for example, the fifth, which will cover the fastener and vile not only plants and glass, but also stones, aquarium scenery. This will serve as a starting point of spreading the fungus parasitic on the bottom of the stones, stems, moss.
Such organisms can already be considered dangerous because they will affect water quality and health of fish or other aquarium inhabitants.
The appearance of a green fly is a question that today still continues to be studied, so there are quite a few opinions here. We will highlight the most basic and most likely.
- Problems with fast-growing plants. There are several options here: there are too few such plants, they are not at all or they slowed down. Because of this, nutrients that are saturated with aquarium, are the cause of reproduction of algae.
- A large amount of phosphorus in aggregate with low nitrogen content. It becomes the cause of rapid reproduction of the course, and the aquarium literally overgrown with greens.
- Incorrect placement of the tank. Experienced aquarists know that no aquarium will endure constant sunlight, but newcomers, on the contrary, mistakenly believe that fish need a lot of natural light. Direct solar lighting leads to the fact that algae begins to actively appear in the aquarium.
- Balance violation. Depending on the type of fish contained in the tank, it should establish a certain temperature. If oscillations occur in one direction or another, it provokes the reproduction of algae, as well as diseases and poor health of the fish.
- Bad care. Here is meant rare cleaning. Even with modern cleansing systems, control the level of cleanliness is always independent. Fish may not do food, it will fall on the bottom and hesitates. In addition, fish life waste is also lowered down and create an excellent habitat for algae.
- Increased salt concentration. If you rarely change water, do not defend it or recently conducted a salt course of treatment, it may well be another reason that the aquarium suddenly plastered.
It is very important to note that algae is quite rarely beginning to multiply thanks to some one factory. Basically, this process provokes a totality of reasons.
How to fight?
To get rid of the greenfront, such a spraying appearance of the aquarium, specialists are offered to use one of the following methods.
This is the easiest and most natural method of dealing with illness at home, you will need to show only a bit of patience.
It is reliably known that algae actively multiply on 21 days, after that, new cells do not arise, and the old begin to die. This means that the aquarium needs to be left alone for 3 weeks, after which there will be a flashlight and it will be possible to quickly clean it.
This technique will be slightly different in low-tech and high-tech aquariums. If the aquarium is low-tech (without an additional supply system with carbon dioxide), then you need:
- Well clean reservoir+
- Make water replacement (30%)+
- Do not add fertilizers and not replace water 21 days.
If the aquarium is high-tech, water does not change, but fertilizers continue to enter, as they are needed for plants. However, their quantity should be reduced by 25%. After 3 weeks, the reservoir will need cleaning. Do it as follows:
- All inhabitants are moved to another capacity+
- Rigid sponge cleaned glass surfaces, completely removing the flight+
- Pullen water+
- Carefully clean the scenery, fringed ground, then process it with a pump to remove all unnecessary particles+
- wash aquarium outside+
- pour new water, start the aquarium and set up all systems+
- When the parameters of water and temperature will rate, they start fish.
This method is suitable for those who need to return the appropriate aquarium in a short time. One of the most popular funds is streptomycin. To use it, you need to boil water, and then dissolve the powder in a small amount (3 g of drugs per 1 liter of liquid). The resulting mixture is launched into the filter. Streptomycin acts pretty quickly, and after a couple of days the walls of the container are completely cleaned. Fish of such intervention, as a rule, do not notice.
Besides, In any pet store, consultants will always offer you several options for chemicals designed specifically to destroy algae in aquariums. Judging by the reviews, the most acceptable solution will be drugs from Tetra, which can be both liquid and tableted. Use them in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions about once a month.
It should be remembered that in the treatment it is impossible to additionally clean the activated carbon. And also you will have to timely remove the residues of algae so that they do not rot and do not spoil the ecosystem of the tank.
Partially this method is used during the biological procedure, but some take it to armared as a single measure. As a supplement, you can listen to several useful tips:
- Do not use the sponge and scrapers for cleaning, which have already been used: they are bacteria, both useful and harmful+
- Be sure to protect your hands with gloves+
- If the plaque is difficult to wash off, try to fit it with a blade or remove aquarium scraper+
- If it is impossible to wash the scenery, spread a small amount of bleach in water, hold them in it about 15 minutes, and then rinse with cool boiling water.
Green raid – the problem is unpleasant, but quite solved and, most importantly, not leading to the death of inhabitants. If you correctly care for the underwater pets, responding in a timely manner to any changes in the aquarium, then such an attack does not threaten. Getting rid of algae, many aquarists try to make this problem anymore never appear. And it is quite realistic if you take note of some rules for the prevention.
- Organize proper lighting. The direct light provokes the rapid division of the cells, and the algae begin to multiply. Purchase special phytolambamps intended for aquariums. As for the duration of the luminous day, then the best solution will be 8 hours. You can adjust the bulbs so that they work for several hours in the morning, and a few – in the evening.
- Follow the temperature indicators. They should be configured depending on the form of fish, but mostly the average temperature does not exceed 24 °. At higher indicators, the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms begins.
- Control the content of phosphate. If their number exceeds 0.8 mg / l, it is fraught with water flowering and the appearance of green plaque on the walls.
- Implement the right care. It includes cleansing and washing the soil, removing accumulated on the bottom of the garbage and unstilled feed, caring for filters and other systems.
- Calculate the number of feed. This can be done with the experimental method, since each type of fish eats differently. If you see that the feed is filed a lot, and it was not completely eaten, the next time let’s portions less, so the aquarium will be much cleaner.
- Do not forget to change water. Basically, the liquid is replaced by 25% every week. At the same time, it must be in advance to defend in advance for several days to destroy chlorine. Boiled water into the aquarium is impossible.
- Start in an artificial reservoir of several “Sanitary”, which will eat algae and malicious microorganisms. You can advise the catches of the ansisters, corridors, Labo. From the snails great will help ampuloras and nonzero. And you can also populate the tank with shrimps: cherry or amano.
- Put a few plants and carry out good care for them. The more plants in your aquarium, the less chances of algae will be.
Below, watch video with tips on combating green algae in the aquarium.