An integral part of each aquarium, in addition to fish and decor elements, is moss. To decorate aquarium in pet stores buy various blooming aquatic plants or algae. However, after the expiration of time, it can lose its brightness and beauty or not at all come. Moss is completely different, which is not at all soared in care and for a long time can live and multiply in water. In this article, let’s talk about the so-called hepatic, find out how to care for him and disembark.
Liver Moss, otherwise Riccia Floating, known all over the world, is very often used by both experienced aquaries and newcomers for decorating.
Its form resembles a tangle, the color of which is bright green different shades.
For the hepatic moss, a rapid growth is characteristic, thanks to which he rips all the bottom of the aquarium. On how quickly it will grow, the conditions of its content affect. This type of moss is unpretentious: it is well withstanding the water temperature above + 20ºС and intensive lighting. But it may be bad to affect the development of water stagnant in aquarium. Signal of the disease can be white spots and falls, which is formed on the branches.
It is very important to monitor the state of the plant, and in case of detection of the disease, it is necessary to immediately take action, otherwise it will die.
But it should also be noted that Under the influence of permanent air flows, the growth intensity of the hepatic moss increases. therefore It is advisable to cover the aquarium glass.
What is the advantage?
Before you start discussing the main questions about landing and leaving, let’s find out what the advantage of such a plant, like moss, in front of its analogues.
So, to the advantages of the bicker can be attributed:
- Thanks to bright color and interesting form transforms the tank+
- guarantees the necessary mineral exchange+
- constantly saturates water with a necessary oxygen volume+
- Plays the role of filter+
- Creates a shadow for the inhabitants of the reservoir+
- makes it possible to build spawning nests+
- is the best medium for breeding a favorite dish of most fish – infusories.
As you can see, the liver moss in the aquarium brings many benefits for its inhabitants, makes their lives more comfortable.
If you have decided that it is the liver aquarium that will be grown in aquarium, you need to take care of the neighborhood before entering it.
Experts argue that the plant is well compatible with various types of fish, plants and mollusks. Such a moss is excellent “Lotting” with:
- Fight cockshells+
It is strictly not recommended to plant a liver in aquarium where large individuals will dwell.
The branches of the plant are rather fragile, and a large fish can damage them. As for algae, you should not land a moss next to them in one tank.
The growth rate of plants is so high that in a short period of time they will grow on the entire tank and start to interfere not only to each other, but also the fish.
Hepatic Moss multiplies both sexually and vegetative way.
The planting process in the new aquarium is completely simple. A piece of the plant you have, and it can be purchased in a pet store, you need to plant a substrate in the reservoir.
The initial place of landing in aquarium may be stone, porous ceramics or other decorative element, which is in the tank.
In order for moss to take root and began to grow, you need to create favorable conditions for it.
- The water temperature must be within + 21 … 28ºС.
- Aquarium must be clean.
- Need to follow the appearance of new shoots and stop them. This is necessary in order not to die the old pro.
- Despite the fact that this plant can grow on any surface, it requires aquarium soil for full-fledged development. It is all the case in the presence of useful bacteria in it, participating in gas exchange and cleaning aquarium.
- Moch-like need good lighting. That is why it is necessary to control the amount of light.
Care for hepatic moss is quite simple. Here are some mandatory rules and recommendations.
- Despite the lack of the root system, the MIDS still need minerals and fertilizers. Special liquid fertilizers will fit well that can be purchased in any pet store.
- Can be picked up phosphates and nitrates. These additives contribute to the formation of the required amount of carbon dioxide.
- Of great importance is clean and filtered water. This factor must be taken into account when choosing a filter for aquarium – orient to the indicators of the strength and uniformity of the mechanism flow.
- Do not forget about the regular change of water in the tank.
- Watch out the increase in the growth of new twigs. Periodically, you need to cut them, giving the MAU a aesthetic species.
Above the listed rules for the care of moss will allow you to grow a beautiful plant that will become a real decoration of the aquarium and a cozy home for its abode.
Read more about this plant below.