Ornaatus – Popular Aquarium Fish, which has very modest sizes, impressive appearance and a variety of scales coloring options. It is chosen for unpretentiousness, simplicity of content, the ability to decorate with its presence homemade underwater world. Ornatus of the type of pink tetra, white and red, black phantom and ordinary almost 90 years old inhabit aquariums around the world. Content and breeding of these fish – fascinating occupation and for beginner, and for an experienced person. What you need to know the future owner of the ornatures, and what moments it is necessary to take into account when preparing an aquarium, consider further in the article.
Ornaatus fish – exotic representative of the underwater world living in French Guiana and in Amazonia. She belongs to the Haracinov family, prefers to settle in freshwater reservoirs and not too fast rivers. Aquarium fish, who received the second name of Phantom, have found due to European enthusiasts, which in 1933 began active artificial breeding of exotic ornauses.
Aquarium phantoms have a compact narrow body 4-6 cm long, larger specimens are found in nature. In captivity of fish live about 5 years. Among the characteristic general features of all ornaments can be noted:
- Split in the side of the body+
- Sewing in the middle part from the fins to the abdomen+
- spinal outflow with high landing, narrow+
- Abdominal, anal fins are brightly painted+
- The tail has a two-bladed shape, small size, wide.
Because of the variety of types and colors of the description of the ornauses, it is worth considering, given the characteristics of a particular type. In this case, it will be possible to get a more accurate and complete picture of the characteristics of pets, their individual features. Among some features of ornatusov can be noted entry into the sexual maturity at the age of 6-8 months. Up to this point, to separate the male from the female is quite difficult.
In adult fish, sex differences are expressed more clearly. The males will be seen a longer spinal fin, a reddish color appears on the surface of these processes.
All existing types of ornatus fish can be divided for several subtypes according to their individual features.
- Ordinary. It has a bronze color of the body with a characteristic pearl sweat, the tail is crowned with two scarlet points, the same shade is present on the chest. The surfaces of the fins have one shade with a body or a pronounced red. In the area of the spinal outflow there is a contrasting white spot with a black point. Snow-white bordering is permissible for fins for fins.
- Ornaatus Beloplawnichny. The most rare. It is like a phantom, only has a more transparent fin structure, and all black spots are replaced by white.
- Ornaatus red. Aquarium fish with a rich ruby tone head and a slightly lighter torso, the tail is contrastful painted, black, with a border of silver or white shade. The males have a spill of coal color on the fin in the back area. Over the gill side of the head, the body has a golden pink shade with a black spot in the center. Bright red ornauses are much larger than their counterparts are sensitive to the parameters of the aquatic environment.
- Black phantom. The most popular color in the aquarists means the presence of a silvery-gray body with an almost transparent structure, a rich black tail. Feds are painted in the same tone, the dorsal is distinguished by a pomp, high, gives the ornaatus of majesty. Zhabra have a reddish tint.
- Pink tetra. Another rare view. Similarly externally with ordinary ornament, but painted lighter, and with a pinkish tinge. Has fins in tone, with red mark on the surface.
- Red-point or rubrygm. Fish with light silver body, almost transparent, inside the spine of a reddish shade noticeable. The same coloring have a gill area and the base of the tailflower. On the sides in the central part there are one pink stain with clear outlines.
Some Fishes of the Cichlid family also have in their name “Ornaatus” prefix, but do not have a direct relationship to the tiny inhabitants of Amazonia. Do not confuse them because the size, character and habits of individuals differ dramatically.
Ornatures – representatives of the underwater world, differing in peacefulness. They can be kept in one tank with breasts similar to the parameters. These fish with nipples – swords, Guppies, Petzils. You can add ornatuses to the Karp’s family – Barbusam, Cardinal, Danio, Golden Fish. Harmonious will be a neighborhood with any aquarium sacks – synodontis, cracked, ansister.
Beautifully looks like aquarium, where different representatives of the Haracinov family live together (ornaments themselves are related to it). Among compatible breeds can be called neon, thorns, minorors. They also get along with labyrinth fish – cocks, gururas, macropods, lyalius.
However, in no case should it be kept together cichlid and ornaments – for the latter it can turn into death.
To provide ornauses worthy conditions of detention, aquarists need to prepare a container in advance for their settlement. You can highlight a number of necessary components.
- Aquarium. The tank is suitable with a capacity of 60 l (approximately 10 liters per person). Pisces prefer to live with flocks, so they are experiencing severe stress, may die. In addition, a small number of ornauses will be simply invisible in the space of a large aquarium.
- Filter. It will provide sufficient purity of the aquatic environment, but does not form too stormy and rapid flow. As a “divider” jets you can use flutes.
- Temoregulator. The optimal temperature for growing and fish content is in the range of +23.28 degrees Celsius.
- Priming. The most rational choice will be quartz sand. Easy and clean soil will allow to maintain an optimal microbiological environment. Against the background of the base of dark color – volcanic black sand – the color of the fish looks much brighter.
- Plants. The aquarium for the ornaments is worth landing thick, mellular aquatic water plants. They have them along the back wall, leaving enough free space for swimming. Bright light is not too useful for ornaments, ensure the shading will help accommodation in the aquarium of floating plants – rich, riccia.
Care of ornaments includes stable maintenance of a given water temperature. Fish is not too sensitive to acidity – it is suitable for a neutral or acidic medium, water rigidity should be from 3 to 12 DGH. Submenues in the amount of up to 25% are carried out no more than two times a week, while maintaining a single temperature. The aquarium itself is recommended to complement the lid, because the playful pets can easily jump out of the capacity.
Inside the tank, ornauses should have refuge, allowing them to relax or hide from hazards. Squares are suitable, stones, algae. It will be useful to form dry deciduous cover on the ground, periodically replaced by a new litter. Ornats are useful to create an authentic medium – for this, peat extract is added to the water.
Fish of the ornatus breed relatively unpretentious in choosing food. They are given live feed – from the moth before Daphneia, especially increasing their portions during the period preceding spawning. Phantoms can eat ready-made dry food, diversify the diet helps food additives, vitamined mixtures. Any nutrition, given the features and sizes of fish, must be pre-grinding.
Ornatus need vegetable food. In this capacity, they usually protrude with boiling water, finely chopped sheet salad plates. Useful spinach fish, dandelion, ore, peristoliste. The proportion of green feed in the diet is calculated individually, but in the amount of at least 30%. In general, the food should be quite varied.
The frequency and frequency of feeding adult fish – 3-4 times within a day, fry can eat more often. Portions are given in small, controlling the purity of water in the aquarium. Feed ornauses in the water surface.
The dumping food can eat other fish – catches and other bottom inhabitants. With their absence, it is very important to remove food remnants in a timely manner.
Ornatus breeding is recommended using a special spawning aquarium. This tank must have a capacity of 30 l, water level up to 17 cm, stable temperature range within +26.28 degrees Celsius. The acidity of the medium is satisfied close to neutral – about 5.5-6.5 pH.
An artificial lighting is not required to the spawning aquarium, naturally eliminated by using opaque, air-permeable underfloor material. Inside is used by Yavansky Moss, the bottom is lined with a grid. Different individuals in an equal number transferred to the spawning aquarium. Two weeks before the intended launch of the period of reproduction of fish are translated on live food rich in protein. With the right approach, the spawning will begin during the day after the transplantation.
Grid and Javanese moss are optimal places to form ornahus masonry. Upon completion of the fish process is transferred to a regular aquarium, transfer to their usual diet. Flusters after the moment of hatching receives infusories as food, “live dust”, from the second week you can give starting finished feed. Underradiating young gradually translated into adult food, sit down in the overall aquarium.
About how to properly care for ornauses, see the following video.