Pearl Gourats is an amazingly beautiful view of fish, which is why we love aquarium players. Huge popularity is due to simplicity in the content, strong health and high decorative properties of fish.
Pearl gourass refers to the category of specially protected species and is listed in the Red Book. The first description of the fish was drawn up by scientist tranquil in 1852, and their homeland are considered to be Thailand and Islands Borneo and Sumatra. The distribution area in the natural medium is warm reservoirs with an abundance of vegetation, located in the territories of the Malay Archipelago, Thailand and Indonesia.
Pisces prefer acidic water with an abundance of vegetation, where they feed on insects, their larvae and zooplankton. Interesting is the behavior of the guers in the process of hunting for the midge: the fish shoots in insects with a thin ridge of water, knocks them into the water and gently eats well. For aquarium breeding, the guers are grown on special farms, since they almost impossible to catch such a fish in natural reservoir.
A distinctive feature of the pearl gums is their ability to breathe ordinary air, and not dissolved in water oxygen as other fish. Such a type of respiratory is due to the special structure of the breathing apparatus, which must be taken into account by the owners when transporting fish to the aquarium.
Another feature of the pearl gourassment lies in their ability to “give” their nests from foam and grow their fry in them.
An interesting fact is the ability of females during the spawning period to publish interconnected sounds, the nature of which is not fully clarified. Males during the spawning no sounds do not publish, but noticeably transformed. Their throat and belly acquire a bright red shade, because of what they start to look much more attractive females.
The sizes of the body in the pearl gums are not too large, and the adult individual rarely grow more than 12 cm. This allows them to contain them in general aquariums of medium sized with an abundance of algae and the presence of a small space for swimming. The body of the fish has an oblong shape and somewhat compressed from the sides. The dorsal and the anal fins have an elongated structure, which is especially well noticeable in males.
Abdominal fins have special sensitivity and are intended for feeling underwater items. They are framed by peculiar threads, giving fishes an unusual appearance. There are individuals and with a disk form of the body – the pearl gurura cylinders. Both those and others are characterized by silver-violet, brown or red-brown color with an abundance of bright pearl points, located not only on the body, but also on fins.
Pearl gourass are not too expensive: so, for a special up to 3 cm in size, it will have to give about 50 rubles, and a fish for more than 7 cm long will cost 150 rubles.
The joint residence of the pearl guruurs with other fish does not cause any problems. They perfectly get along with all peace-loving and non-aggressive fish that do not differ from territorial behavior and do not belong to the category of too large species. However, peaceful neighbors often become involuntary offenders of quiet and timid guruurs. They take on the worms of their threaded fins and often injury fish. The perfect neighborhood is noted with neoons, iris, bortations and large shrimps.
The only thing that should be taken into account when growing gorants in the general aquarium is their inability to compete for food.For this reason, you need to carefully monitor the fish to have time to fully eat and nobody interfered with them.
In addition, if the pearl gourails are highlighted in the already formed communities, they will be afraid and hide in shelters for a long time until they understand that they are fully safe. As for incompatible species, Pearl gourass can not be made together with swords, goldfish, bombus, cocks, haracin and most types of cichlid, with the exception of the scalar.
In addition, it should be borne in mind that several types of guruurs badly get along with each other, begin to arrange fights and conflict.
Conditions for growing
Pearl gourass are well adapted to a new habitat and differ in high survival. To do this, it suffices to comply with general rules for care and comply with the requirements for aquarium, water, soil and nutrition.
- When choosing a home aquarium It is desirable to acquire spacious tanks with a volume of at least 100 liters. Although the content of the young and is allowed in the containers of smaller, but the fish grow rapidly and require a full reservoir.
- As a soil, you can use coarse river sand, Suitable for planting algae. Its layer should be 5-6 cm, which will allow plants to form a strong root system.
- Plants for guruurs should be selected branched and lush, Since the fish loves to hide and build nests in thick thickets. To do this, the element and peristoliste will be well suited, and floating species, for example, can be put on the surface of the water. However, too much floating plants are not worth posting, the fish should always have free access to air.
- After planting vegetation, aquarium scenery is installed on the bottom, Which first time will serve as a reliable shelter for timid and frightening pearl gourass. In addition to finished decor items, you can use coconuts shells, snags, roots of interesting configuration and ceramic pots.
- Special requirements are presented to water. Its temperature must be within + 24-28 degrees Celsius, the acidity level is 6.5-8.5 pH, and the rigidity does not exceed 15 DGH. In addition, taking into account the special type of breathing of the pearl gourass, should not be allowed to be too much difference between air and water temperatures.
- When choosing a filter, it is better to stay on a low-power model. This is due to the fact that the guers do not like strong trends, preferring to live in water with minimal movement.
- The lighting of the aquarium must be moderate. Fish does not like too bright light, in the wild she prefers shady, overgrown with algae reservoirs.
- Water substitution for guruurs should be carried out once a week and make no more than 1/3 of the total volume of the aquarium. As a new portion, it is necessary to take a spinning filtered water with a minimum content of impurities of heavy metals and ammonia.
Pearl gourass are omnivorous fish and feed in the wild insects, their larvae and zooplankton. With aquarium content, they are taken to eat any feed of animal or vegetable origin, dry balanced mixes and frozen cubes.
Gourats are well eating a moth, a coretur, a pipe and artemia, and ready-made feeds use as daily food. However, when choosing feed, you need to pay attention to the size of the granules, acquiring fine-grained compositions. This is due to the small mouth of the fish, because of which they cannot swallow large particles.
A distinctive feature of pearl guruurs is their ability to devour pests, namely Hydra. These intestinal creatures fall into the aquarium along with feed and bring irreparable damage to the community, go fry. Gourats are perfectly straightened with aggressors, not leaving them the slightest chance of salvation.
Feed the pearl gourams twice a day, however, with a passion of one of the feedings, food quickly find food in aquarium. Without food they are able to live to 14 days.
How to distinguish male from female?
Determine the floor of the pearl guruurs is quite simple. The males and females differ markedly from each other, so it is practically impossible to confuse them:
- Males are characterized by larger body sizes and elongated spinal and anal fins+
- Their color is much stronger than the females, which makes males very attractive from a decorative point of view+
- The third difference lies in the color of the neck: so, in the female it is always orange, and the males – bright red+
- Another difference is the tail fin, which in males has a pointed form, and in female – smoothly rounded.
Thanks to these bright and obvious differences, the pearl gums cannot be identified, and this can be done at any age.
Breeding gurura does not require special knowledge and even a newcomer. However, aquarists that do not at all have any experience of fish breeding, it is advisable to familiarize yourself with some rules and features of this process.
- You can engage in the production of offspring both in a separate tank and in the general aquarium. However, the presence of neighbors can adversely affect the well-being of the fry, and if there is an opportunity to jerk a pair into another capacity, it takes to use it.
- From the flock they choose the signs of the female and male age from 8 to 12 months and by rounded abdomen determine whether the female is ready for spawning. A couple carefully caulate and transplanted into a separate capacity with a volume of about 30 liters. Many aquarists recommend the first to detonate the male and only a day later to plant a female.
- Water in the process of spawning should be crystal clear, And in order for fish to feel more secluded, the aquarium is covered with a sheet of thick paper. The bottom of the sandy soil is placed on the bottom and Riccia is launched in the water – natural material for the construction of Nests. The male is quickly taken for the construction of the nest: it swallows on the surface of the air and releases small bubbles on the leaves of Ricci. Gradually, a large foam cap is formed on the sheet surface, the diameter of which is 5-7 cm, and the height often reaches 4 cm. The arrangement of the nest in the male leaves about a day, after which he kindly admits a female.
- The water level in the aquarium should not exceed 20 cm, And its rigidity should be from 4 to 8 DGH. Special temperature regime is needed: a more warm orcromerate is facilitated than in the total aquarium water temperature +29 degrees Celsius.
- Due to the probability of breaking the jack of water The use of aerators in spawning is not allowed.
- Feed a pair before spawning should be extremely alive, Excluding from the diet of cyclope and Daphny. Otherwise high risk that young parents will eat their fry.
- The spawning itself lasts about 4 hours: The male pushes the female to the nest and, whining it with his body, squeezes out and fertilizes caviar. Then he collects Ikrinka who did not fall into the nest, he endures them into the nest and sticks to the foam cap. For one spawning, the female is able to postpone from 200 to 2000 eggs.
- As soon as the process of icometrate is completed, The female is planted into another container, and the male leaves to take care of the offspring. The formation of larvae takes place on the third day, and on the fourth father of the family sit down, and the fry began to live on their own. If this is not done, the male, which is not feeding throughout the entire period of care of the offspring, can simply devour the young.
- After the fry appeared, The fluid level in the tank is reduced to 6-8 cm and hold at this level for a month. It is necessary for the proper formation in the firings of the labyrinth breathing apparatus. If the kids in spawning will be too much, it is recommended to additionally provide it with weak aeration.
As a feed for young people use infusories, live dust and special feed. At the same time, it is necessary to ensure that the unbearable excess feed can be removed from the aquarium on time and did not post. And also need to be observed for the behavior of large fry, which in time begin to eat smaller and weak. This phenomenon occurs quite often and due to the uneven growth of the livestock.
In such cases, it is possible to put on a self-shot, having received large and strong individuals as a result of large and strong individuals, and you can constantly disseminate the number of groups in groups, focusing on their size and behavior.
In aquarium conditions, pearl gurors live from 7 to 9 years. Fish is distinguished by strong immunity and very rarely sick. Possible aids more often occur due to the insufficient care and overpopulation of the aquarium. Often, injuries in transportation or transplantation, violation of water and acidity, excess or lack of food, low-grade or infected food, as well as too cold room air,.
Limphocytosis, aeromonosis and pseudomonosis include severe illness, which have a viral nature and are treated with special preparations and a complete disrangement of aquarium. The causes of infection are infected with live food hit by pathogenic floors soil and patient plants, and the disease develops faster on the background of total pollution of aquarium and low water temperature. But if care for the aquarium is carried out according to all the rules, and the diet is carefully selected, then the pearl guros almost do not ill and do not cause any problems with their owners.
More information about the features of these fish, see the following video.