Peterbold is one of the most unusual and beautiful breeds of cats. They personify themselves elegance and restraint. Their appearance fascinates, and the character conquers. What you need to know about this breed before you decide to make myself Peterbold, it will be discussed in this article.
History of origin
These unusual cats are obliged to the world, who crossed two breeds – the Don Sphinx with Oriental. As for the first experiment on such a crossing, it was produced in 1994. His St. Petersburg Felinologist Olga Mironova, which thus brought four hybrid kittens. They became official ancestors of Peterbold.
Felinological associations quickly recognized this breed, giving them their own abbreviation and official natural status. But despite this, the breed of St. Petersburg Sphynx is still developing, although since 1997 they cannot be crossed with the Don Stamps.
Felinology believe that Peterbold should imagine the natural features of Siamese cats and orientals, while the presence of wool or its absence does not affect breed tribal values.
Cat breed Peterbold is difficult to confuse with any other. It is endowed with exceptional characteristics that determine the appearance of the purebred St. Petersburg Sphynx.
- Cats have a tiny head, which is noticeably sharpened and smoothly goes into a thin elongated neck.
- As for the nose, it is long and straight, it looks like a sharp blade. If you look at Peterbold on the side, then you can say one word about his profile – “Tsarsky”.
- The ears at the St. Petersburg kittens are quite large, while have a wide base and tips, which look at the sides. Specialists of Felinologists are given a great assessment of the “British step” of the ear shell of Peterbold, which can keep the paper sheet laid on it.
- These cats have no mustache. In rare cases, you can meet Peterbold with Curly Villages, as if dismissed.
- As for the eye, they are a real highlight of this breed. They are almond-shaped, expressive and diagonal, with a blue, yellow, yellow or green shade. Small kittens do not see anything at birth, but their eyes open early, after 5 days later.
- Torso from these cats elongated, the size of the average. Shoulders and hips at the same time equal in width. The weight of the females varies from about 2.5 to 3.5 kilograms, and the weight of males can reach the maximum mark of 5 kilograms.
- Peterbold possess straight, slender and long legs. If the cat’s front limbs are twisted, it belongs to the breed defect.
- This breed is the owner of a long thin tail – from the base to the tip.
Separate mention deserves a variety of colors and the length of Peterbold wool. Coloring vary from cream to chocolate or purple. The Black Petersburg Sphynx looks like a completely unique, but such a color can be found rarely. Most often there are turtle colors. Distinguish the following skin.
- Brash – kittens are born with wool, and with mature it disappears.
- Brash Point – kittens have wool on body and tail. With age, the body becomes bald, and wool remains on the muzzle and limbs.
- Lyon-free kittens. They have no wool, while the torso visually resembles rubber.
- Direct cats. This variant of the breed has both wool and mustache, with age they do not disappear.
- Velor kittens. They have wool on the whole body, including paws and tail. With age, this breed is bald everywhere, except the limbs.
- Flock cat. Skin cover is distinguished by soft and velvety. Mustache is missing, wool on kittens about 2 millimeters.
Petersburg sphinxes live about 13-15 years old. But there are factors that can negatively affect the life expectancy of these cats.
- sunlight. Solar baths of this breed are contraindicated. Sphinx is a silent breed, burns can easily form burns. Therefore, the pet should be protected from direct sunlight.
- Hazardous conditions of residence. Peterbold is extremely immediate, like small children. They like to explore the territory of living along and across. All this threatens injuries.
Therefore, the owner is better in advance to provide safe living conditions for a pet – hide sharp or heavy items that can fall or inflict a cat injury.
- Loneliness. Peterbold in their essence society animals. They are vital to the presence of the owner near. A busy person who spends a lot of time at work, should think a thousand times before starting the Petersburg Sphinx. These cats are very poorly tolerant, ultimately it reduces the cat’s life is almost half. If the family has a lot of households, including children and even dogs, then Peterbold will live long and truly happy.
- Overweight. Peterbold is extremely voracious. They can say a real novel with food, so the owner is important to control the weight of his bald pet and not to indulge his whims. Food must be metered and at the same time maintain the necessary minerals and vitamins. Overweight will be a serious problem for a cat and will negatively affect his health.
- Bad hygiene. Since the St. Petersburg Sphinxes are sweeping animals, they require special care. The formation of a fat layer is based on their skin, and this is a comfortable environment for the development and reproduction of hazardous bacteria. Therefore, the cat must be bathed daily using special protective equipment. Also in the ears of this breed often the sulfur accumulates, which must be removed with a cotton wand once a week.
- Supercooling. Sphinxes due to the lack of woolen cover are often overgrown. If at home is cold, then the cat is likely to catch and get sick. You can get out of the position, buying a pet clothing in a pet store or warm bedding. But not all sphinxes love to walk in knitted sweaters, so clothing is acceptable only with the consent of the pet.
- Healthy factor. If in the family the pet was a long-liver, then Peterbold is more likely to inherited this feature. Also life expectancy reduces birthday defects, generic injuries or a weak immune system. And the immune system is strengthened using the right diet and care.
Among the veterinarians are the opinion that the castrated sphinxes live longer. This procedure favorably affects the health of cats and cats of this breed, hormonal problems and risks of sexual diseases disappear, for example, prostatitis. In addition, it is believed that cats that have passed this procedure become kinder and calmer. Therefore, if the owner does not plan to explore Petersburg Sphynx, he should be castrated or sterilized his pet, thereby increasing its life expectancy.
Interesting Fact: On average, this breed lives 12 years old, but one sphinx managed to reach 30 years!
Peterbolds are unique animals and have multiple positive features, among which you can select the following.
- Friendliness. And this is not an empty sound. Petersburg sphinxes can make friends with all households, including other pets and even dogs.
- Lovability. This trait of character follows from the previous. The bald pet will be happy to spend time on the hands of the owner and even come to him in bed at night. Also cats of this breed love to play with children. It is truly hand animals.
- Placability. Representatives of feline, as you know, for a long time, remember the offense and can even dismiss the owner, sinking the curtains or firm needle in shoes. Petersburg sphinxes this feature bypassed. They easily forget about disagreements with the owner and again ready to caress and purr.
- Take care. In addition to meowukanya, Peterbold love purr and publish other funny, interesting sounds. They like to communicate with their owner in a similar way, so a person who preferred silence is better to abandon the venture to make the Petersburg Sphinx.
- Cleanliness. Peterbold possess not only aristocratic appearance, but also by the corresponding character. Animals of this breed take care of their hygiene and keep clean.
- Curiosity. These cats are real researchers. There will be no any corner in the apartment where Peterbolda climb. And it does not matter, an open door or closed in front of him – the animals have a unique ability to penetrate into all hard-to-reach places. They are also interested to accompany their owners in any undertakus, but at the same time not falling under the legs.
- Devotion. Peterbolds can make serious competition to dogs in this character line. They just adore their owners, but of all family members especially allocate someone. It is he who becomes for a bald pet is not just a friend, but also the leader. Behind him cat or cat can follow the heels throughout the apartment, no one for a minute leaving one, even in the bath.
Peterbold is important to be an integral part of his owner’s life, feel important and significant for him. And on the attention and care, this bald pet will certainly respond to.
Peterbolds can show discontent, loudly meow in the event that a long time is hungry or are alone. With all the feline independence of this breed, attention is necessary, so the owner should not leave the pet alone with himself, otherwise it comes bored and even sick.
Peterbolda with proper care and love can be a real and devoted friend.
How to feed?
Peterbolda Real Regulations. They absolutely do not control the absorption of food, so it is easily gaining weight. If the owner does not follow the diet of his pet, then the eye will not have time to blink, as its graceful Sphinx will become thick and smooth. Peterbold is ready to have days to move, and everything is in a row. If he wants to enjoy, it will necessarily examine in the kitchen every corner and will eat everything that lies unattended – from chocolate to chips. Therefore, the main rule for the one who decided to make the Petersburg Sphinx – to hide food in an inaccessible place.
It is important to correctly draw up a power plan for this breed of cats and stick to it. To determine that the diet is incorrect, it is enough to look at the skin of the pet. If the brown substance is allocated to the skin too actively and in large quantities, it means that you need to change the diet, and it is better to get a consultation of an experienced veterinarian.
Kittens from one month should eat 5 times a day, from two months – 4, and from four – 3. Adult food will be considered a biase food supply and it should be happening no earlier than in eight-month pets. In this case, the food must be warm (not hot and not cold).
Dry food will harmoniously fit into the diet of the St. Petersburg Sphinx. But the main thing when buying is to pay attention to the quality and availability of all necessary vitamins and microelements in the feed. As for natural products, they can feed the pet too. It is better to combine feed and natural food, alternating them.
If the owner decided to completely abandon the dry food, then you should be supplied with additional vitamins for pet, because they will miss them in ordinary products.
What can feed Peterbold, except dry feed:
- Boiled meat products: beef, chicken, turkey, veal+
- by-products: Light, heart+
- Vegetables: Swim, Zabachki, Pumpkin+
- Rice and Mound Porridge+
- fish (but only sea and in boiled form)+
- kefir (degreased), cottage cheese, yogurt+
- pork or beef bones and cartilage (but not fish or chicken, otherwise the pet is suppressed).
What products should not be pissed by Peterbold:
- Smoked fish, sausage+
- milk, cream, sour cream and oil+
- Potatoes and bean+
If you correctly pick up a diet for a bald pet, then problems with digestion and overweight will be carried by Peterbold side.
Features of care
It is impossible to say that Petersburg Sphinches require special care. Unlike cats that have wool, bald pets do not need to calculate. This is the main plus of such a breed. The rest there are commandments that each owner must observe, namely:
- Bathing cat+
- haircut claws+
- rubbing eyes+
- Cleaning ears.
In bathing Peterbold needs more than the average cat. The fact is that his body is prone to sweating and other pollution. But veterinarians do not recommend washing Petersburg sphinx every day.
The fact is that the skin of these pets is formed a special lubricant, which performs a protective function, and regularly flushing it, you can provoke stress at the pet. But nevertheless, it still needs to be carefully deleted. It is better to do it with a clean cloth moistened in caring oil. Or you can do by an ordinary wet cloth. It is not necessary to get involved in frequent swimming with the use of shampoo, otherwise the skin of Peterbold will begin to peel.
But if the pet is truly blocked, then you can buy it even with the use of the Degtyar soap. After the procedure you need to wipe the sphinx, otherwise it is cold and sick.
As for haircut claws, it is necessary to do it 2-3 times a month. But this does not mean that the pet will not need a bratechka. With a haircut, it is better to further process each pepperbold cohesion with a sawmill so that the pet’s skin is less than scratching while cleaning.
The eyes of the St. Petersburg Sphinx require special care for one simple reason – this breed of cats have no cilia, so their eyes are not protected from accumulating various secretions in them. Every morning the owner needs to inspect the eyes of a pet. If the mucus accumulated in them, it is necessary to remove it with a clean cloth. It is worth paying attention to the color of the selection. A healthy sign is considered a transparent mucus in the corners of the eyes, but if the shade has become brown or green, then you need to contact the veterinarian.
In the ears of Peterbold, the secret accumulates, but the owner does not need to panic because of this and try to clean it daily with cotton sticks. It will be enough to do this once in 7 days, after purchasing a special lotion in a veterinary pharmacy. The same lotion needs to be wiped and sections between claws (places of gauge of bodybaste, which prevents the cat move).
On the tail of the St. Petersburg sphinx focused on the sebaceous glands in large quantities, so acne and acne are often arising there. Special lotions for cleansing and here will come to the rescue.
Some owners believe that the animal needs regular depilation of dead hairs. In addition, so animal looks aesthetically. But you should not hurry in this way to give the appearance of the cat nobility. Shave will negatively affect the subsequent coat, making it a rigid structure and even less attractive.
Thus, spending all these simple care procedures, you can be confident in health and the neat appearance of a bald pet.
Petersburg sphinxes, like all the purebred individuals, have a number of genetic diseases. But fortunately for the owner, there are few.
- The most dangerous disease is the underdeveloped Timus. The task of this body is the growth and development of the organism of the animal, as well as in immune defense. If Timus is underdeveloped, the St. Petersburg Sphinx will still be a kitten.
- Cats of blue and turtle colors More than others are prone to hyperplasia. This affects the fierce of food and on further problems with the gastrointestinal tract. If the first sign of inflammation appears, you need to refer to the veterinarian for advice and the preparation of the treatment plan.
- Peterbolda due to lack of wool can hurt with colds. Therefore, it is important not to overeat a pet, after swimming, wipe it dry, and in cold weather we put warm clothes. Often the cats of this breed are closed on the bed to the owner and sleep with him under the blanket. You can also buy a warm bed for a pet.
- Peterbold suffer from allergies. And the rash never happens once. Usually it becomes a constant illness of the animal. But the owner should not panic, because a special lotion from a veterinary pharmacy will get rid of pets from allergic reactions. It is important only to follow the condition of the skin of the pet and eliminate factors provoking rashes.
- The lack of wool in St. Petersburg sphinxes makes them especially vulnerable to external hazards. For example, if the owner has a private house, and the cat walks on the street, then due to curiosity of the animal, the likelihood of getting any injury (including insect bite, reptile or dog). Strong still keep Petersburg at home in order to avoid various kinds of injuries that will provoke further skin diseases.
The main thing is to regularly monitor the state of the pet, avoiding all underwater stones, and then problems with health will be able to avoid or at least minimize. In general, Peterbold has a good immune system, steady of many diseases, which is a certain plus of this breed.
Knight Petersburg requires special attention and approach. It is better not to start in experiments here, especially for inexperienced breeders. It is allowed to knit St. Petersburg Sphynx with Oriental, Siam, Yavaluez and Balinese.
It is important to take into account the moment that if the kitten is acquired for breeding purposes, it is necessary to respect special caution. Otherwise you can view the sterility of boys and the lack of lactation in girls.
What rules need to be observed that the mating is correct.
- Cat must be knit only when it reaches the age of 12 months. At the same time, she should pass the first or second temperature. Up to this point, the knitting is prohibited, because the organism of the pet has not yet been formed to the end.
- It is better that at least one of the pets have already experienced mating, otherwise it can be confused, resulting in the result will not be achieved.
- To both breed representatives should be in 2 weeks before viscous, all vaccinations are made (including prevention measures from worms).
- Do not bathe a cat before knitting it. Special shampoos can melt her natural smell, which should attract male.
- According to the rules, the cat should be brought to the cat. It is done because the cats are important to feel calm in its own territory. Otherwise, they will begin to explore the unfamiliar territory, which will take a long time. At the same time, it is important that the cycle in the cat lasted already 2 or 3 days before viscous. The period for which one pet can be left in another is a maximum of 5 days.
- Both animals should be trimmed by claws – due to aggressiveness and even the cruelty of the marriage games. Otherwise, St. Petersburg sphinxes risk damage to each other.
- As for labor, it is better to give birth to cats up to 7 years, with 1 or 2 times during the year. Thus, the health of Peterbold will not be damaged.
If you observe all the rules of care, feeding and mating Petersburg sphinxes, do not deprive them with attention and give them care, then these gentle bald pets will delight the owners for many years.
More about the breed of Peterbolda, see the following video.