Decorative fish, which are bred in aquariums, are represented by many breeds and species. Among the most popular varieties of representatives of the Water World are specially popular with Guppies, which attract aquarists with interesting and bright appearance, a variety of forms and sizes.
The breed of fish guppies is presented today with different individuals, however, most often in home aquariums can be found the following representatives of the water family.
This is a small, but no less attractive variety, which has pronounced sexual dimorphism. In ordinary guppies, males are somewhat behind in size from female representatives, whose body length varies from 4-6 centimeters. The life expectancy of this type is compiled 2-3 years, due to the features of the content of the Guppy, such as small sizes and warm water, accelerating metabolic processes in the organism of the river inhabitant.
The appearance of the usual guppy in the wild does not give in to a clear description, since such individuals are very often cross each other, in the light of which their color and forms can be different.
A variety is undemanding to the conditions of content, the fish are growing very actively. The individuals are quite quickly adapted to various features of the aquatic environment, so they can live in a tank where the temperature will vary from + 19c to + 29c.
This species is represented by individuals whose size does not exceed 4 centimeters. Such decorative inhabitants live two times less than ordinary guppy. In this case, the sexual dimorphism is manifested not only in size, and in the appearance of Guppies – females are not highlighted by the brightness of its color, but the larger opposite sex. As for males, it is they will be the main decoration of the whole flock and aquarium. This species has fish of different colors, even with forked tails, some aquarists claim that every individual is unique in the light of his color.
Guppie endler is recommended for consideration of inexperienced aquaries, because it does not differ in demand for the conditions of the aquatic environment, most often such fish contain in small housekeeping aquariums at water temperature in the area + 24c-28c. For fish, a rigid water medium is suitable, so its indicators may vary in the range from 15 to 25 DGH. Well develop and reproduce guppy in overgrown tanks with good lighting, the flow in them should be minimal.
Most often, the Guppie endlera can be found in the upper layers of the aquatic environment, in addition, these decorative miniature fish are highlighted by mobility, as well as a tendency to jump out of thequariums, so when they are kept, glass containers should be covered with lids. In the light of their sizes, the guppies get along with small fish.
The second name of this species – Picta microposcil. Fish is considered rather rare, refers to courtesy individuals. But in the light of its attractiveness, this species is in demand among aquarists around the world. Due to this attractiveness of water inhabitants. In the wild, the swamp guppie can be found in Brazilian reservoirs, Trinidad, South America.
According to its size, it does not differ from the usual guppy, however, the color of the marsh view is highlighted by silver-green shades with the engines of yellow, black, blue and other colors. In addition, the marsh guppie also happens red and red-orange color. The tail from the representatives of the form is usually smaller in size, and the body is more common, in comparison with the species described above.
Females painted less expressively, most often they are found in monophonic gray tones, but with a golden belly. In addition, the average size of males rarely exceeds 3 centimeters, while females grow into two centimeters more. The average life expectancy of representatives of the marsh guppi is from 3 to 5 years.
For content in aquariums it is worth calculating that for one individual it will require at least 10 liters of water. In addition, this type is allocated by increased demands on the conditions of detention. So, for well-being in closed tanks, the marsh guppy will need an alkaline, slightly salted medium in which aquarist is recommended to add a special salt.
Bright light – another nuance concerning the content of fish, also in the tank must be a maximum of thick vegetation.
Varieties in the form of fins and tail
When classifying these decorative fish, the features of the structure of the tail part and fins are fitted into account. The main varieties of water inhabitants are discussed below.
- Veerowed representatives. In the fish of this species, a remarkable feature in the structure – a large and lush tail and dorsal fins. Due to such a structure, it is no discount or along the body of the water inhabitant.
- Triangel. Fishes of this type, the tail resembles a fan having a shape of an equilibrium triangle. At the same time, the dorsal fin is highlighted by its width, usually raised up.
- Guppies whites and skirt. Individuals are notable closed by the form of the tailflower.
- Flaghowed. The dorsal fin by its form contains sharp corners, while the tail resembles the flag.
- Guppy with a tail in the form of a double sword. The feature of the tail fin is an oval form having two long beams, while on the back the fin – acute.
- Nizhny and upper sword. Two varieties of fish, in which the tail resembles long swords, and on the back the fin must contain a sharp end. Differ varieties from each other with the elongation of the lower and upper rays, from where and the name of individuals occurs.
- Larhvosty. The fins of this species in the form of this type are represented in the form of a lyry, also among the fish spinal fin grows slightly raised up.
- Speedy. Predicular water inhabitants who have a scalring spinal fin, as well as tail, reminiscent of a spear tip.
- Smelted fish. In such a guppy, the dozen fin has a rounded shape, as well as a beam located in his center.
- Round-tired fish. The dorsal and tail fins from this species develop a semicircle.
A variety of breed colors
Today for the classification of Guppy The color take into account the three main nuances:
- skin covering+
Sometimes, in addition to the above characteristics, cell pigment is considered. Colors allocate as the main and secondary.
Among the most sought-after individuals of this breed It is worth noting the following types.
- Moscow Guppies. Such fish can be green, purple, as well as blue in body color. In addition, the presence of metal brilliance is allowed in shades. Prettyly attractive Moscow blue Guppy.
- Tuxedo. Such water inhabitants usually “wear” tuxedo. The rear of the fish is painted in darker shades.
- Spaniards. Fish have the main black color, while their tail has yellow, and the border on it is painted in red, with a minimal black pattern.
- Panda. The view is represented by water inhabitants with a white front of the body, as well as a dark back, along with the tail fin.
- Neon. Elite fish of this breed, the color of the body of which can be painted into a variety of pearl shades, which gives them an incredible attractiveness when the content in the aquariums.
- Carpet. Noteworthy such kind of unusual fish tail color – It is covered with multi-colored mosaic.
- Leopard. The name of the guppy was obtained in the light of their similarity on the color with a graceful predator from a short family.
- Blond. These fish usually have a bright color, for which they received a similar name.
- Glass. An interesting view of the guppy, which is represented by individuals who do not have color pigment on the skin and scales. Pupils in such fish painted in red.
- Savage. Outcomes with the prevailing gray color, as well as the presence of multi-colored spots located all over the body of the fish.
- Carnation. The name variety received due to its tail painted in orange, additionally decorated with a black pattern.
- Berlin. Representatives of this species are notable for obtaining the color of your body, as well as red fins. “Berliners” are very often used for content in decorative aquariums.
- Germanic. Most often, the guppy of this variety is completely yellow.
- Guppy Mix. This kind of most diverse, with respect to its water representatives. A distinctive characteristic of such individuals is a pronounced sexual dimorphism regarding the size of the females twice as many males. Fish body is usually covered with neon or greenish splashes.
- Black Prince. Color of individuals fully complies with its name. Usually the most saturated color of the body have male representatives.
- Red Guppies. Small, but very bright aquarium inhabitants who are pretty in demand among aquarists. The dominant color is notable for the presence of various sings, on the neck of the fish, it is usually pearl.
- Spanish guppy. Incredibly beautiful fish whose body is painted in dark black and blue shades with bright overflows. The tail is expressed very contrast, because it contains shades of red, orange, white, as well as black splashes.
In addition, such varieties are equally attractive and in demand:
- Black monk+
- Wool guppy+
- Red blonde.
Among numerous varieties are also rare and no less beautiful representatives of the breed.
- Guppies Malachite. Powdish fish have a very bright color, as well as long side fins and tail. They received their name due to scales, mainly in gray shades with a pronounced rhombic grid.
- Japanese Guppy. Unusual water inhabitants who are among all representatives of the breed are considered the most small. Their color is dominated by black, blue and red shades. It is highlighted that the transitions of one color in another on the body have well-viewed contours, it makes decorative fish incredibly attractive.
- Guppy Galaxy. Small, but very variegated by its paint representative of the breed. As a rule, on the scales of fish of this species can be found neon overflows, black splashes covering not only the body, but also fins, as well as bright orange and yellow spots.
How to choose?
Such a fish is suitable for the content of experienced either beginner aquaries, but the latter is still recommended not to begin with exotic, but with simpler options, among which there are no less beautiful decorative water inhabitants. For beginners, unpretentious Berlin or carpet guppies are suitable for beginners, in addition, it can be considered for the content of leopard guppies.
Predicular and elite varieties differ from ordinary species not so strong immunity, so errors associated with insufficient experience can lead to sad consequences. In addition, similar guppies will require more attention to themselves and creating special conditions for content.
In general, the choice of some kind of variety will depend on personal taste preferences, as well as financial capabilities, since some exclusive individuals can cost quite expensive, in addition, they will need to purchase additional equipment to their cultivation.
Further watch the video about the varieties of Guppy.