Responsible owners of Chinshill know that the life of their pets will not be comfortable without swimming in the sand. To do this, it is necessary to periodically acquire specialized sand in the pet store. For those who recently acquired a fluffy friend, tell about the need to buy this product.
For people and animals it is considered the norm to swim in the water, but such unusual animals, like chinchilla, went more difficult, and prefer to take bath procedures in volcanic sand in nature. The sandy bath becomes a complete replacement for standard water. So at home the wool of these rodents looked clean and well maintained, it is required to bathe them in the sand.
In one square centimeter, the coat of chinchilla contains about 300 beams of 80 wools, and therefore this animal is considered a leader on the density of fur. Moisture forms in the hairs, fat, the beams accumulates skin selection. Peschinki, falling on the wool, absorb all moisture. In addition, taking a sandy bath, chinchillas feel very comfortable, they perceive the procedure as the game.
The classic bathing in the water for this animal is not suitable, as the dense wool will die for a long time and can provoke putrid processes, which can destructively affect the health of the animal.
In this regard, each The owner must take security measures while walking pets in the apartment: close all the rooms where water can be (bathroom, toilet), remove the veser and water with water away.
An ordinary quartz or river sand does not suit the rodent bathing, as it has a rather large fraction. Such sand penetrates the wool well, and falling on the skin of the animal, can scratch it. In addition, the sharp edges of quartz grades will lead to a cross section of hairs and can get confused in them. But the greatest harm of such sand is associated with its composition. It may contain dangerous elements. Grinding quartz can only complement the sand mix.
Specialized volcanic sand is suitable for bathing chinchilla, which these animals are used in vivo. Volcanic particles are pretty small, similar to dust, they easily penetrate into wool and absorb moisture. Also quickly these grains and remove, without harming the wool and skin of the animal.
The composition of specialized sand most often includes volcanic dust, sepiolit, zeolite and talcomagnezit. Pure volcanic dust is a good option, but it costs it too expensive, and therefore manufacturers are used as part of other additives, as close as possible by properties to the natural product.
Zeolite is often used when swimming farm chinchillas, as its properties of moisture absorption are determined by the level of humidity in the room. This substance is characterized by high dust, and therefore it is customary to dilute by conventional sand. Sepolithol and talcomagnezite have a porous structure, so the properties of these substances include hydrophilicity and high-quality water absorption.
Sometimes the mixture is based on the mixture to the state of quartz dust, and then the product includes additives capable of improving the absorption of moisture. A frequent element in the sand for swimming is talc. He absorbs water well, and also eliminates unpleasant odors. In addition, Talc is a good tool from fungus, which usually qualitatively protects the skin of the pet, especially if used in combination with gray.
Based on these substances, it is proposed, for example, a Fongistop preparation, which can be added to the sand for bathing chinchillas.
How to choose
The well-groomed and purity of the fur of a fluffy friend depends largely on the quality of the sand purchased, and therefore the choice of this product should be considered with full responsibility. As mentioned, clean quartz sand will not suit too large grains, so give preference to volcanic varieties, which contains sepiolit or zeolite. To determine the quality of sand, as well as distinguish volcanic products from quartz, spend simple experiments.
- Consider a pinch of sand on the palm. Peschins must be matte. Seeing that the particles are slightly shine, you can pass by the product – in front of the buyer quartz. Distribute sand between your fingers. If it feels tingling, it is worth abandoning this product. If the goods are high-quality, then leaves after yourself on the skin light powder trail.
- Moisten a little sand. If the resulting substance resembles a clay, slightly pulling and viscous, then such sand is suitable for bathing of chinchilla.
- Pour a pair of sand spoons with water in transparent tank. If the grave immediately dropped to the bottom, then this is quartz. If the particles swim on the surface, but gradually settle, then this is a volcanic sand that needs to choose.
Among the sand producers are currently being enjoyed by the following firms that have both their advantages and cons.
Mr Alex. The quality is average because the product is based on quartz. To soften its impact, the kit includes a package with a talc that needs to be added to the bath when bathing an animal.
- Lolopets. The basis of volcanic dust and chopped quartz treated at 400 degrees. The benefits of the product include a democratic price.
- “Vaca”. Volcanic product supplemented by quartz. The set includes Talc. According to the reviews of the owners, the grains can be quite large, and therefore it is better to sift the goods before applying.
- “Yellus”. At the heart of the mixture – Talcomagnezit. Users characterize the product as pretty high quality, it supports the good condition of the fur coat and does not dry the skin.
- Little One. Volcanic mixture characterized by excellent quality, but rather high cost.
- Benelux. Products are designed based on chopped zeolite. Differs good functionality, but has a high price.
- Padovan. Consists of chopped zeolite (60%) and other elements with excellent hydrophilic properties.
- Vitacraft. At the heart – chopped sepolyol and other volcanic substances. Most preferred option, albeit expensive.
Do not be afraid of prices for high-quality sand, as the value fully justifies. A good product not only effectively cleans the wool of a pet, but also more economical in use, as it is necessary to change it less often than cheap options.
How to use
Having bought high-quality sand for swimming, it is important to know how to use it. Take advantage of the following recommendations from Breeders Chinshill.
- Mat the sand in the bath so that it hides the bottom of 5-7 cm in height.
- Maximum amount of sandy baths per week – three. Duration of one procedure – 30-60 minutes. Time depends on the desire of the animal to swim. If the first 20 minutes the animal does not get out of the bathroom, then it will be enough for half an hour. If in an hour he spent only a couple of minutes in the bathroom, then leave the sand in the cage for a while for a while.
- Do not exceed the number of specified time and the number of weekly procedures. If you overdo it with bathing sessions, the pet skin can dry, it will arise cracked on it. Rodent will be all the time, feel itching and feel uncomfortable. All this will lead to stress, which, in turn, can provoke a disease.
- After the bathing procedure, check the capacitance for the presence of extraneous garbage, remove it. To facilitate the procedure asking sand. Fully sand needs to be changed every three months.
- If the pitch with sand is constantly in a domestic cell, then replace the contents follows after 15 bathing procedures.
- Every month, the used volcanic dust is in the oven or microwave to decapitate it from bacteria.
For sand acquire additional healing and preventive properties, adding various drugs is allowed. This includes, for example, the above “Fongistop”.
In the container for one animal, you need to pour a teaspoon tools. “Fongistop” effectively disinfects the contents of the checkout. While the animal is cleansed in special sand, the owner may not be afraid of dust falling into the ears. These animals in the ear there is a membrane, a tightly closing entrance and not allowing small particles.
Only high-quality sand is able to clear the fur of the pet, make it clean and well-groomed. After all, from hygiene and sanitary conditions, which contains chinchilla, not only its beauty, but also the health, mood, sociability, feeling of a comfortable life depends directly.
About the rules of bathing chinshill you will learn from the video below.