Somik Sindontis is an unusual fish-reversal, which is home to the African Republic Cameroon. This representative of the peristosy family is distinguished by a peaceful character and interesting habits, has an exquisite appearance and unpretentious in content. Because of this, many aquarists prefer these underwater inhabitants to other fish.
Description of type
Somomik-reversals is a mustache animal, usually in aquarium rolled up to 5-8 individuals. Sindontis has a naked caller without scales, protected by shells with sharp spikes and a mucous secret coated, in length reaches 15-30 cm, so for home content it is a rather large fish. And Somika has three pairs of mustaches that are located at the bottom of the big head and resemble a fringe. The torso and the head of the animal can have a light, gray and dark brown or black color.
As a rule, there are spots of various shades on the sides and back. The exception is the abdomen, devoid of any drawing.
Fish has a calmly balanced character, forever occupied by his affairs. In the daytime, somices are mostly passive, they like to hide in the thickets of plants and all sorts of shelters of the bottom of the aquarium. At night, the fish usually enlivened, become mobile and actively walks in their lives in search of feed.
Some chas of peristouous water inhabitant are interesting – Somik turns up up with a belly, swimming and resting and resting in such a position. For a long time. By the way, other varieties also prefer an outstanding state, in which they spend most of their lives, for this reason, fishes and called the reversals.
Despite the peaceful temper, the reversals can be aggressive if it comes to other applicants for their territory. If you put into aquarium of fish, which also love to spend time in the soil digging, then soma can respond to their presence very hard. Since the catches are able to search for the remains of the organications in the most hard-to-reach places, the aquarium always remains clean. Peristous can be kept together with other species, most often this is a combination with African cychlides. Set the small fish near is unsafe, because during the night hunting, the reversals can attack it and swallow. At home, with competent feeding and care, aquarium catches can live to 10-15 years and more, while in nature their age does not exceed 5 years. However, if you do not care about your fish, they are hardly reaching until 1-2 years.
Varieties of synodontis
African Somik-reversals, in the mouth of the Congo and having a light brown color with a dark ornament, can usually grow to 7-10 cm and has a lifespan of up to 9 years. But, in addition to him, there are other decorative species of these fish, namely:
- Warely shaped synodontis – Beautiful fish dark-coffee color with dark small stains and long, fluttering fins + average size of individuals -15-20 cm, life – about 9-10 years+
- Flagovy Somik – Animal gray color with large dark stains of various shapes is called so because of a spin on the back, the beam of which is stretched like a flag, in good conditions can live 13-14 years old and reach 35 cm+
- Crap (Dalmatian) – Fish in a length of 17-19 cm, bright, beautiful, with edging of fins light and blue colors, duration of life – 10-14 years+
- star SOM, It is also called an angel – an extremely spectacular representative of peristosy cats coffee, purple coloring with bright red or golden marks on the body, the length of the males body – 25 cm, these fish live to 12-14 years.
There are also other varieties of Somov, such as Petrikola, Albert, Domino, Shooteden, Leopard, Marble, Clown, Koshechevnik. It is impossible not to stop at such an extraordinary underwater inhabitant, like Som Cuckoo.
Distinctive features of crowded catches
Szondontis Som-cuckoo – this is a variety living in rift, African lakes with fresh water. Cuckoo the fish was called not in vain, she has a habit of putting their eggs in the nest of various water inhabitants. Yes, and the color of the catfish reminds the color of the famous bird – its elongated yellow torso is covered with black spots of diverse shape. In males they are more saturated, and the torso is slimmer than the female.
The difference in the appearance of the male from the female lies in the form of a spinal fin – in boys he is more pointed.
Skin skin covers the mucous layer, but there are small scales on it, which distinguish it from others, naked representatives of the species. As well as Fish has large round eyes, which are located on both sides of the head, a wide mouth with mustaches at the bottom. They help him navigate in space, including at night, when the animal is hunted. In the length, representatives of the species can reach 12 cm, in their own way, they are long-livers, since their life life sometimes reaches 20 years.
How to care?
The synodontones are unpretentious to the conditions of detention, but The care of them provides for the following requirements:
- The volume of the aquarium is calculated taking into account the size of the fish – for eminoms in a length of 10 cm – 50 l, individuals up to 15 cm – 80 l, with a body of 20-25 cm – 150 liters+
- The optimal number of individuals in one container – 4-6, single fish behave inadequately, they are constantly hiding too buggy. More comfortable soma feel in a flock, with the exception of catches, which you can keep one+
- Animals need to equip several shelters that can be built of ceramic cups and pots, wooden squabs or stones + the main thing so that the fish can move freely inside these labyrinths and minks, as well as floating out+
- vegetation that is preferable to land in the aquarium – tropical bushes of cryptokorins, the creeping shoots of Anubias, popular because of its unpretentiousness of the echinodorus + plants better install in pots, because somices sometimes damage their roots+
- For catfish, the cuckoo will need to maintain water temperature not lower than + 22- + 28 degrees, while it is important to adjust the acidity that should be in the range of 7-8 units+
- Fish lighting is irrelevant, because all day they spend in passive condition, and at night we are walking and produced food in the dark due to their ossam-sucks+
- The bottom ground for aquarium will serve as large river sand or small pieces of gravel + pre-selected soil are treated with boiling water, and then placed at the bottom of the layer at least 7 cm+
- Regularly 1 time in 7 days 1/4. Part of the water is replaced with fresh during the general cleaning, in order to safely dispense with the usual washing of the soil, without applying chemicals.
Multi-ski catcher, like other synodontones – omnivorous fish, Therefore, feeding the fish can be alive insects, small fish, dry moth, daffle and gimmarus, pre-walled Hercules flakes, slices of dandelion leaves, lettuce, cucumber and zucchini. The main thing is to have a variety of ingredients daily in the menu. But the lion’s share of the diet is living food, and less than half – vegetable food dry and frozen dishes.
The volume of portions determine if the fish can swallow the proposed food for 3 minutes. Feeding happens once a day 2-3 hours before sunset.
With whom you can combine?
Speaking of compatibility with other fish, based on the experience of aquarists with experience, the best of all the synodontis gets along with such species as Lyalius, Auloulokara, Haplochromis of Jackson, Rainbow Fish – Melanothenia, Scalaria and Cikhlida MBUN – Sorodii Omomikov in Native African Lakes. The synodontis is considered a peaceful, rather smart and contact fish. The hosts of catfish, living next to a person for a long time, can iron their pets in the tummy, often notice aimed at attentive glance when they are going to feed their wards. However, if the aquarium settled the fish, leading the same way of life as som, then not far to conflict. Therefore, it is worth carefully choosing neighbors for such an unusual and cute predator.
On the content of the catfish, see below.