Abyssinian – one of the oldest feline breeds. She was delivered to England from Ethiopia in the XIX century, and in 1900, American breeders brought it to the USA. The ancestors of these royal animals lived in the territory of Ancient Egypt, where they were read as the earthly incarnation of the goddess Bastet. Pharaohs and Velmazbi decorated with images of elegant abyssinok her tombs. The cult of goddess Bastet came into decay many centuries ago, however, the Abyssinian cat is not losing popularity and nowadays.
Breeders and ordinary cat lovers choose this breed for her amazing color, playful and sociable character.
General information about color
Abyssinian cat has a graceful appearance: slim, moderately muscular body, large almond-shaped eyes, large pointed ears, as well as an elegant long neck. But one of its main differences and advantages is color. Each hairs of its coat is painted simultaneously in several colors – such a color is called tinging or zonal. At least 4 color segments there are at least 4 color segments, where there are dark and light shades.
Taking is a kind of “Business Card” Abyssinian Cat. Representatives of this breed got such an unusual fur coat due to genetics, thanks to the Aguti Geno “A”, prevailing in the genotype of these cats.
The structure of wool in the Abyssinian cat is solid and smooth, the fur coat is closely adjacent to the body, glitters and overflows in the sun. The length of the wool is short, the whole body is painted evenly, on the paws, tail or muzzle can not be a drawing. If you stroke the Abyssinz opposite the growth of wool, then it will be selected. As a rule, it is one or more tones lighter leading shade. Too small number of ticking signts is considered a deviation from the breed standard.
Abyssinian cats “Corporate” color manifests itself with age. So, the wool of the kitten seems faded and inexpressive, but with time, the kid acquires a typical bright coat for his breed. Despite the fact that the wool of the adult cat should not have patterns, permissible the presence of white specks on the chin or the collar zone. The following signs may be a reason for removing with participation at the exhibition:
- The difference between the basic color of the fur coat and the color of the paw pads+
- Ring strips on the tail and legs+
- Dark stains on the muzzle+
- Cold shade fur coat, not saturated, with a predominance of gray.
Description of classic wild color
The first of Ethiopia was brought by Abyssinian Wild Cats (Ruddy) Color. Until 1963, he was the only color of the Abyssinians who received the official status. Despite the name, cats with wild color are friendly to man, playful and sociable as ordinary pets. Color Ruddy got its name due to the fact that in its natural habitat, the Abyssins look like that.
Sand color served as a wilderness of an ideal disguise in Ethiopian steppes and savannah.
Below are the standards to which the Abyssinian Cat Classical Wild Color.
- Taking color palette is represented by a composition of different shades – from the ocher to orange-brown and dark brown. Shades are distributed as follows: Flooring orange-ocher, Middle segments may include orange-brown, chocolate-black, and the tip intense-black. Abstine and reverse of the legs are uniformly painted in carrot-red color. Brown legs with reddish, and along the spine is visible a darkened band, having the maximum intensity of the leading shade of color.
Wool color on the tip of the tail – coal-black. You can meet representatives of the wild color with the chin of white, which smoothly goes into the main shade, without having clear boundaries.
- Abyssinz’s nose is painted in terracotta color, has a black and brown cut. Paw pads can be dark brown or black, they must be combined with the main color of the color. A pronounced gray tide on the wild paints of Abyssinz – one of the explicit signs of deviation.
- The color of the eye among the representatives of the Ruddy color in most cases is golden, however, there are cats with the eyes of a nut-horn or even emerald color. Such eye shades are also allowed for Abyssinian cats, although they are extremely rare. Eyes, like a nose, have a dark stroke, which gives the look of wild Abyssinz a special expressiveness. Kittens from birth is blue-blue eyes, but with age, their color changes. So, upon reaching about 10 weeks, the eye of the young Abyssinz acquire their permanent shade.
It is believed that more saturated color requires more time. Thus, the later the permanent shade of the eyes will be established, it will be rushing and brighter.
So, in the color of the fur coat, nose and pads of the paws of wild Abyssinian cats are not allowed shades of gray. Bright representative of the classic color you will learn from uniformly colored golden brown wool.
Favn and its characteristics
Favong color (ABY P) is the most late of the generally accepted colors of Abyssinian cats. After registering in the Association of CFA cat lovers in 1989, he received official status. Today, this amazing color is considered one of the rarests, since only recessive genes participate in its formation. Thanks to this feature, experienced breeders by crossing wild Abyssins with representatives of Favn testing the genotype of bearers of wild color.
Absolutely all kittens in the litter will wear a wild parent color if dominant gene participated in its formation. The birth of kittens with the colors of Favn is possible only if the cat and cat are carriers of a recessive gene. The Abyssinians girls appear a few times less often than boys. Well, the girl of the Favn breed is even more rare, and therefore a valuable phenomenon. So, below lists the main signs inherent in the Abyssinian cats of Favn.
- Shades of wool range from the color of champagne to pinkish and cream and milk-coffee. Tyching is zoned as follows: Fitting has a milky-beige color, the average segments include pinkish and cream and coffee shades, and the tips are painted in an intense chocolate color. It is important that the shock is not too white. The stomach and the inside of the paws are painted in the hint of ivory. On the back along the whole range passes a saturated pinkish-beige strip, and the tip of the tail took over the maximum intensity of the main tone. Color Favn manifests itself in the largest way to reach the kitten of age in several months, namely after the first shift of wool.
- Nose from Favs Coral with Terracotta Cut. Piggy pillows gently pink, and between them you can see a beige gun with a pinkish sampling.
- The color of the iris eye from representatives of the color of Favn is emerald, But it varies more often in the range from copper to the golden shade.
Thus, the Abyssins of the Favn Outwardly resemble the lioness in the miniature. It gives their only elegant structure – long thin paws and neck, big ears and large, relative to the size of the face, eyes.
Distinctive features of blue colors
In 1984, the British Administrative Council of Cat lovers was recognized and registered Blue (ABY A) Color Abyssinian Cats. His amazing bluish-silver shade conquered many breeders. This is the only official color in which the cold palette of shades is represented. Blue Abyssins are quite rare, it is explained by the fact that most of the breeding specialists prefers cats of classic wild and sorer color.
In countries where they first began to breed Abyssinian cats, nurseries specializing in breeding representatives of blue color, practically no.
Below are the main criteria to which the Abyssinian Cats of Blue Color.
- The color palette of the fur coat varies in the range from light gray to gray-blue and dark gray. Tinging zoning is distributed as follows: improper of a gentle pinkish-apricot shade, the middle of the hair is painted into dark gray tones, and the tip is intense gray-blue color. The opposite part of the paws and belly got a warm peach color with pinkish notes. Along the vertebrate of the ridge is visible a darkened area of the SIZAL color with a blue sweat.
- Nose in blue Abyssintees gray with blue sweat or coffee-coral, has a dark cut. Lapel pillows lilac with a pinkish tump, a gentle bluish gun can be traced between them.
- Eye iris eye is emerald, golden, copper, ocher. With any of these options, representatives of the blue color it will be the most bright.
So, the color of the blue Abyssinian cat you will learn about the external similarity with Frak: a uniform gray-blue shade covers the top, back, sides and tail. While the bottom is painted in brighter tones.
All about the color of Sorell
Abyssinian cat color (ABY O) is officially recognized as the oldest British Felinological Organization in 1963. Before the early 80s, he was called red. Such an amazing fire-copper color got Abyssinz due to the efforts of British breed dilution specialists.
Today, thanks to its brightness, he is very popular with breeders worldwide.
Below is a detailed list of distinctive features that the Abyssinian cats are complied with.
- This color includes the largest color range. The color palette of wool varies from gently apricot and caramel-red to red-brown and chocolate shade. Tyching is zoned by the following scheme: undercooked – bright apricot, the middle part of the fur is painted into the terracotta and orange-coral hue, and the tip got a chocolate color. Belly and Back Piece – Peach Color. A terracotta strip is viewed along the spine, and the tip of the tail – coffee. Sometimes the representatives of the color of the sore makes the chin of white, which smoothly goes into the base shade.
- Abyssinian Nose Orange-Pink with Terracotta Cut. Pad pink pads, between them there is a flush coffee shade.
- The eye color is golden, copper, emerald or oxv. Any of the possible options will be expressed as bright.
Thus, you can easily recognize the representative of the Abyssinian breed of the color of Sorel by incredibly bright flame-red wool. Sometimes they have a bright edging around the eyes, making a look even more expressive.