Aquarium is something that can revive and decorate the interior. The main aspect in its design plants play. If the flora in an artificial reservoir is formed correctly, then this is not only aesthetic attractiveness guarantee, but also the health of the biosystem.
What are they needed for?
Plants in the aquarium are considered his lungs. Similarly, vegetation on land, aqueous vegetation absorbs CO2, while producing oxygen and a watertime saturation. In addition, aquarium plants qualitatively neutralize the products of fish life, copier with nitrates and phosphates. Under the condition of the correct selection of aquarium flora and its competent placement, it is possible to calculate on the biological balance of the system, as well as maintaining the required volume of O2 in water.
Aquarium flora can be considered the best aquarium water indicator. Plants that are characterized by pomp, beauty and bright coloring indicate a healthy world in the tank. Vegetation is very important for fauna representatives, which live in an artificial reservoir. It can serve as home, extra feed, refuge and spawning site.
Aquarium plants are the necessary element in the reservoir with fish, as well as the key to cleanliness and normal vital activity of the ecosystem.
Currently there is a wide variety of aquarium vegetation. In order for different types to get along well with each other, you will need to properly place them and care for them.
All aquarium vegetation can be divided into the following groups:
- existing on the bottom of the reservoir Or near the water surface + an example of this group may be mugh+
- freely floating in water thicker or at its surface+ Often these representatives of the flora are fixed in the soil, they include bubble, rogue, Rosyanka, Rasky+
- free floating on the surface – It is aosolla, waterproof, pontingry, salviny+
- growing on the bottom blooming under water – This can be attributed to the nayad, bannerly + some representatives can make a flower stem with a flower, for example, Valisnaria, water tire+
- grow in the substrate, forming leaves and flowers – these are pita, aponeal+
- marsh and distinguished representatives, What is quite highly towering over the water surface + an example of this group of plants can serve as aroid, dies, echinodorosa.
Depending on the area of planting, aquarium vegetation is divided into the following types:
- foreground (Anubias, Water Buttercup, Bucopalanddr, Martily, Blix, Glossiness, Mossi and others)+
- Medium Plana (Kryptokorina, Kabomba Carolinskaya, Anubis, Ludwigi, Rothala, Echinodorus)+
- Background – These are high long-distance plants (rogolistnik, Alternernant, Uponogeton, Buckop).
Aquarium plants are not always algae, often they include higher flowering representatives, which have adapted to life in aquatic environment. These copies bloom, but in the conditions of artificial ecosystems, this process happens quite rarely.
Consider more names and descriptions of common flower aquarium plants.
- Sagittaria. This plant is considered a fragmentist from the frequency family. The copy is represented by bright green foliage, which has a kind of bush. Sagittari is characterized by unpretentiousness, ease of breeding, as well as an attractive appearance. Rhizome plants has a white color, a tuberous, nodular shape. Tape foliage, sometimes puffy. Colorful leaf color Saturated green. Flowers consist of wide white petals. Contain this type of vegetation is quite simple, since the graonist feels well in alkaline and hard water.
The graonist prefers a fine-grained substrate, which is rich in nutritional elements.
- Crinum. This representative refers to the amarylline family, so it can live both on land and in water. He has excellent ability to adapt to various environmental conditions. Crinum is inherent long dense narrow foliage that can reach 200 centimeters. According to many aquarists, the flowers of this copy are the most beautiful of a kind. Typically shoots with flowers come out of the water surface, their painting can be the most different. The popularity of crynum is due to unpretentiousness, as well as longevity.
- Limnobium. This representative of the water column is also called Canadian Eldere, Vallisnery Ordinary. The plant relates to floating on the water, it can be represented as a selection and spongy. The representative of the flora grows throughout the year, it is often used as shading for other inhabitants of the reservoir. Under the proper conditions, Limnobium is able to quickly grow. Clearing water from suspension and filtering it, Elodea Canadian brings benefits for aquarium.
This representative of the Flora is unpretentious, can grow at any acidity, but in the temperature range from 20 to 30 degrees of heat.
- Purple Lobelia. It has large sizes, so experimental aquaries are growing often. However, there are also dwarf molds that are more simple in care. This plant refers to long-drying, has an olive green color. Oval foliage is located alternately, its upper part is painted in a light green, and the bottom – in a reddish color. Root system developed weakly. The name of lubecy is obtained due to the presence of purple flowers, which are produced during semi-loading into water.
This representative of the flora is planted along the lateral aquarium walls in the background.
For normal life, it requires a regular substitution of water, the temperature from 22 to 26 degrees above zero and rigidity in the range from 5 to 15. Weak lighting can cause a plant yellowing.
- Rotala Indian. This is a coated brine. This 19th variety representative of the flora may have several varieties, which have the difference from each other with the number of foliage in dwellers. Stem at Rotaly Long, it can reach about 0, 2 meters. Green leaves with bright bottom. This beautiful plant has the ability to decorate with its presence aquarium. Aquariumists do not have to make special efforts and spend a lot of time to grow Rotaly.
- Sinema. Hygrophile demorph recognize one of the most popular aquarium plants. This is a long-drying unpretentious representative of the flora, which is characterized by a decorative appearance. The normal development of blue is happening in both acidic and hard water. Fast-growing hardy plant reaches a height of 0.3 meters. His foliage has a similarity with a fern, it is painted in a rich green color.
- Limnofila. It is usually recommended to grow novice aquaries. This is unpretentious and very beautiful representative of Flora. Fluffy twigs of lymphonils have some similarity with openwork balls that are painted in juicy green. The grass is characterized by a long stand-standing stem. Sydiacelical lymphonyl can exist at a temperature of from 18 to 30 degrees above zero and water stiffness from 6 to 12.
An optimal place for growing this aquarium plant is considered a spacious aquarium with a weakly acidic or weakly alkaline medium.
- MICANTEM “MONTE KARLO” It is characterized by the presence of long roots, which is capable of growing into the soil, without popling on the surface. The diameter of the foliage of this plant is about 3 millimeters. The landing of this instance in the aquarium is a guarantee of the natural type of ecosystem. The microtenthemum does not require intensive lighting and high fertilizer concentration. In the growth phase, the plant forms a dense rug, which is able to root on a stone or squiggle.
This simple light green planting is usually planted in the foreground of the aquarium.
- Naiad. This plant is considered a persistent and unpretentious representative of the Flora, which can form thick thickets. For this reason, it can be beneficial to use for fish spawning and as a substrate. Special decorative qualities have no supass.
The optimal temperature indicator for the plant is considered from 18 to 30 degrees of heat. In very soft water, the development of the instance can slow down.
The stem small niada is characterized by subtlety and branches, it can reach about 100 cm. Foliage oblong green or reddish hue, 4 cm magnitude. The edges of the leaves are framed by small spikes.
- Pennywort. Hydrochotyl is considered the moisture representative of an umbrella family. Its main characteristics can be attributed to the speed of growth and unpretentiousness in the content. This plant is used as decorative for aquarium and reservoir coast. Such a bright lawn has the ability to remove fish from harmful sunlight and stroke fry, which cannot protect themselves. The palate has a long stem length of about 50 centimeters. Foliage rounded light green color having diameter 4 centimeters. Leaflets have some similarity with water lily. In the flowering phase, the plant is covered with small white flowers.
Under the artificial ecosystem, hydrocothyle needs special care and content.
- Dubok Mexican or Trikhocon is an unpretentious plant, which, with optimal conditions, can grow and become a stunning background in the aquarium. Mexican Dubok has a stem, light green leaves of oval shape, no more than 10 millimeters long. Reaching the water surface, this representative of the flora can bloom with white flower. Trichokorone is characterized by rapid growth, so it needs to undergo.
- Alcenher. This plant is popular with aquarists, as it is an externally attractive long-distance copy. His foliage is painted with bright shades, from pink to dark lilac. The vacuum alternantrels are making a water surface, as they have a big length. This representative of Flora is able to grow throughout the year. If the plant is completely immersed in liquid, then its growth slows down.
The optimal option for the content of alternantics is a tropical aquarium with water temperature from 24 to 28 degrees of heat. For normal life, it requires regular water change.
- Chemiantus Cuba – This is the most popular soil inquariums. It is considered a worthy part of the underwater lawn. When hemanitus, the Cuba is hemanitus is able to form dense green carpets that decorate aquarium bottom. Plant height can reach from 3 to 6 centimeters.
This Flora Representative is capricious, as it needs in reinforced lighting and regular CO2.
- Tripartiti hydrocothyl. This is a popular flora aquarium representative, which is widely used in the design of aquariums. Running, plant creates a dense green rug. Often it is used for registration of the average part of the aquarium.
Aquarium ferns are considered one of the most beautiful, therefore popular plantations in artificial ecosystems. This type of vegetation is a wonderful shelter for aquarium inhabitants, as well as an additional source of oxygen.
Ferns are considered unpretentious representatives of flora that do not require special care measures, but at the same time decorate the reservoir to their presence.
The description of these plants suggests that they perfectly adapt to existence in an artificial reservoir.
Consider the most common ferns.
- Marcília Knata. This type of plant requires landing in the depth of the substrate. On the stem of the fern there is a set of small twigs with sheets of up to 30 millimeters. Bright green makes Marsalia with a real decor of the ecosystem. This Flora spokesman grows well, being completely immersed in water, and also does not show the solarness to the rigidity and acidity of the liquid. However, he prefers to exist at low light.
- Bulibitis characterized by stem that grows horizontally. For this reason, the leaves of the plant have an unusual horizontal location. Stems and foliage stiffs are covered with golden flakes, due to which the fern looks very beautiful. The length of Bolbitis usually reaches 0.6 meters, while each sheet can have a thickness of about 20 centimeters. Hard sheet, peristoid with dark green or neon color. For a good survival of the plant and its normal root root, do not immerse in the soil.
- Azolla Karolinskaya. Fern is able to develop well on the water surface. Several plants in the aggregate are closed with carpeted surface. A fragile and delicate foliage is located on the stem. Parts that are above water, have a blue-green color, and immersed in water – pinkish green. Fern is able to develop exclusively in the warm season, in the winter it falls into the hibernation.
- Lomariopsis. This is a common aquarium plant that consists of a thin layer. Petals wide with a round form. Fern consists of a transparent dark green cloth. Lomariopsis is considered an undemanding plant that does not create difficulties in leaving.
Aquarium algae is considered the simplest plants. They can have a variety of sizes, shapes and colors.
Algae in the aquarium may be of the following types:
- Water surface floating+
- those that are attached to the substrate.
In addition to harmful algae, such as black beard, diatom, green spots, beams, In artificial ecosystems you can meet beautiful specimens.
- Valisnaria Giant. This is a large type of algae, which should be kept exclusively in a large aquarium. Plant landing is worth carrying out near the rear wall. Wallisneria is characterized by a saturated dark green color.
For normal existence, it requires a bright light and a fit substrate.
- Riccia. This is a floating type of algae, which feels great in water of moderate warmth. Plant is often used as a spawning substrate when breeding fish and for the shelters of their fry. Increased aqueous rigidity can cause slow algae growth. The optimal temperature indicator for Riccia is considered plus 22 degrees.
- Rogolistnik immersed. This type of algae refers to perennials. It floats on the water surface, because it does not have roots. Plant Stem Long, Needle Type and Pretty Small. This algae is considered an ideal option for aquarium content, fry is usually hidden in it. Rogoltnik loves bright lighting, perfectly feels in moderately warm and cold aquariums.
- SHARE CONSTRUCTION is a decorative representative of freshwater aquarium. The structure of the plant is green nital algae, which is intertwined and formed into a dense ball. In the artificial ecosystem, the plant can grow to 6 centimeters. In the aquarium, the aquarium should be placed on the bottom where it allocates o2 in the morning. Contain algae stands in cool water with a temperature of about +20 degrees.
To date, you can find a lot of home aquariums in which MAYs dominate. Such popularity is substantiated by bright decorative qualities, lack of powdery in care, as well as a wide species diversity. Using Mukhs is an opportunity to embody various ideas in the form of beautiful landscapes of the underwater kingdom.
Aquarium Moss can be the following classes:
- Anthurserotovaya with lamellar talomom+
- Hepatic, which is characterized by tenderness and small sizes+
- Lesstebid is considered the most numerous class.
Most often aquarists grow several plants in their ecosystems.
- Triangular Moss. This plant is characterized by beauty and unpretentiousness. It is represented as a green equilateral triangle. This moss is good to the substrate and has average growth rates.
- Moss Flame. The originality of this representative of the Flora is that it grows in a waveway and exclusively in the vertical direction, reminding the flame. Among other mosses, its more saturated green color is distinguished. The flame has found its use in the formation of a “forest landscape”, it is considered an excellent option for both rear and central plan.
- Phoenix. This moss has a kind of frozen fountain. His growth is concentrated from the center in different directions. Its use – worthy imitation of the bumps in the tank. Phoenix grows slowly, but at the same time grows firmly to stones and snags.
- Yavansky Moss recognized most common. It characterizes non-visibility to lighting, water indicators and care. It can grow out of the substrate, namely on the squab, stone and any other surface.
- Christmas Moss no less popular among the aquarists than the previous. It has a branched chiller structure. The plant is also characterized by unpretentiousness.
How to choose?
After buying an aquarium before its owner, the question arises about what kind of vegetation in it. And it is not surprising, because it is not so easy to decide these red or green plants, rare or common, merysystem or low. However, invariaries are worth remembering one thing – unpretentious plants will become optimal options.
After a person is gaining experience in this direction, he can be seized with vegetation with difficulties in care.
The following vegetation will be a worthy option for a novice aquarist:
- Mids of different types+
For hard water
Some plants do not show solarness to water indicators and can grow normally and develop in rigid water. To the most common Flora representatives who loving these conditions include cryptocorines, Anubis, Yavansky Moss.
Plants in the aquarium do not always need a lot of light so that they grow well. Some representatives of the flora carry out normal life in conditions of shaders.
- Anubis Barther. This plant is considered one of the most beloved inquarists, as it does not create difficulties in care. It can grow in a wide temperature range. Her bright green leaflets look perfectly in the back and foreground reservoirs.
- African water fern is an excellent option for medium-sized aquarium. For normal development, the plant requires warm fresh water and weak lighting. It can not be grown in the ecosystem in which goldfish, koi, cichlids live.
- Java Fern characterized by wide green foliage sticking in water thicker. This is a worthy option for novice aquarists, as it can grow in water with any temperature and indicators, besides, he does not need much light. Growth in Java is slow, the maximum height can be 0.35 meters.
- Green Gigro. Green Ferry Flora Representative is characterized by a rapid growth rate, so requires trimming.
Running a new aquarium, it is recommended to plant fast-growing representatives of flora. Such copies absorb organic substances from water, while forming biological equilibrium. Often fast-growing aqueous vegetation is unpretentious.
The most common inhabitants of aquariums can be attributed to Wallisnery, Canadian Eldeute, a solid hygrophila, yellow cryptocorine, lemongrass, aponoghethon.
More about the types of aquarium plants – in the next video.