Home aquarium in which there is no vegetation looks boring and imperfect. Representatives of Flora will help correct the situation. To date, there are a large number of species of plants for artificial ecosystems, which are characterized by unpretentiousness and emergency endurance.
Pros and cons
Provided that plants or fast-growing algae are chosen correctly, the aquarium creates the impression of the magic underwater world, which is able to calm down, and also set up for positive emotions. Flora contributes to maintaining water balance inside an artificial ecosystem and makes its conditions as close as possible to natural.
In addition to the fact that the vegetable aquarrels contributes to the normal life of the residents of the reservoir, it has the following advantages:
- Selects oxygen, and also provides natural filtration+
- promotes disposal of livestock life products, as well as water purification+
- His foliage absorbs mineral elements that provide vitaminization of freshwater+
- serves as feed for fish provided they lack what man gives+
- The vegetation in the aquarium is a place to lay eggs, as well as a shelter option for fish.
Disadvantages of aquatic plants that do not need special care is practically no. However, it should be remembered that, Like other Flora Representatives, they need optimal conditions for growing, which must be created. The unpretentiousness of these plant species is expressed in the lack of need for bright lighting, supplying carbon dioxide, as well as fertilizer with their special feeders.
Types and their description
The list with the names of unpretentious aquarium plants is quite extensive. You can choose a flora for the front, rear plan of the aquarium and its central part. Some soil copies are sensitive to light, however, most of them are teothelubiyi, including red, green and other specimens.
Below are the most unpretentious representatives of aquarium vegetation.
Many aquarists do not like that the walls of their artificial ecosystem attack the algae, with whom you have to fight. But there are such, the presence of which makes the underwater world more interesting and mysterious, for example, a tolapofore.
This type of filamentous algae is capable of forming whole colonies, which together have a green ball. This plant has to do with small fish, as they get nutrient elements from it. Claudofore needs pure transparent water with neutral or medium rigidity.
She loves coolness, at high temperatures it can lose the form.
This Decorative Flora Representative is considered one of the most popular. He is under power to transfer insufficient illumination, various acidity and temperature indicators of the medium. It has the opportunity to exist not only in water, but also on land, as well as attaching to subjects with a fishing line.
Yavansky Moss may die from excessive pollution of water, in which organic elements are settled on its foliage, which stop photosynthesis.
Representatives of this subgroup have the opportunity to exist on the stroit of water. Their roots hang in aquatic thickness, due to which they absorb the substance necessary for the existence. Floating plants are capable of blossoming and in this period decorate the ecosystem in a unique view. The most interesting representatives can be attributed Rica and Floating Ricci.
Ferns (Indian and Thai)
The wardlike Thai copy is characterized by beautiful embossed leaves that have external similarities with. The growing of such a fern is usually slow, but after a while in the aquarium you can see the thickets of bright green. Similar bush can be placed near the walls, corners, in the back background.
Indian fern has an open-green light-green foliage. Thanks to the good development of rhizomes, this type of fern is able to turn into a bush.
This vegetation requires a nutrient substrate 4 centimeter thick.
The plant has the opportunity to live both in tropical and cold climates. The rogue is a plant that floats on an aquatic surface or grows, attaching to the decor. This type of vegetation at high speed increases its dimensions, thereby ensuring the security of the aquarium residents.
Representatives of this group of green plants may have different sizes, shapes, colors. Most often in an artificial ecosystem can be found such floral vegetation:
- Gigrofila – this endless plant type is characterized by large sizes, so it can be used to decorate the tank+
- Lemongrass – With bright lighting, this plant acquires a bright pink color, it looks a little out of the water strata, so it gives a special mystery to artificial water.
In order to revive the central part of the aquarium, you can use splashing vegetation in the form of Amazon Echinodorus, Anbias. Swamp Ludwig and Indian Rotala also can decorate the aquarium system with its brightness. Each of the above representatives of the flora is characterized by an interesting shape, coloring and appearance.
Using them, you can embody your fantasies about the original design of an artificial ecosystem.
How to choose?
In order to choose aquarium vegetation, novice specialists are worth remembering that It must correspond to a number of characteristics.
- The hardy plant should adapt to living in water with the most different parameters. The coefficient of stiffness in this case can be from 4 to 20. Water temperature requirements Representatives of the flora also do not impose that it is very comfortable for aquariumist who knows a little in this matter.
- Attitude to illumination or, more precisely, to its lack. Many aquariums are equipped with lamps with weak lighting force, but it does not affect the growth and development of plants.
- Resistance to sharp change conditions. If you do not pay attention to your aquarium for a long time, the acidity change will occur in it. After cleaning, it can be noted that the jump of the level of the pH occurs, this will be able to withstand exclusively unpretentious plants.
- No need for permanent care events. Plants of this type are able to survive, even if they are for a long time in shading, without mineral fertilizers, dense plantations.
- Resistance to pests. The hardy plant will die very slowly, so if you take the right measures, it can be returned to life.
Unpretentious aquarium vegetation worth choosing, taking into account Conditions of its future content.
- Dimensions Aquarium. The tank of a small volume is not worth putting a plant that can grow to huge sizes, as in the future it can become an obstacle for normal lifefish.
- Views of living beings,who live in an artificial ecosystem.
- Light and Temperature Aquarium.
- Water parameters.
How to plant and keep?
According to most novice specialists, aquarium vegetation delivers many troubles. However, this judgment does not concern unpretentious underwater greenery. To green plantings (just like fish) felt perfectly, it is worth creating them certain conditions. The optimal microclimate of the artificial ecosystem is achieved by selecting suitable illumination, substrate, water indicators and types of feeding.
To plant such representatives of the flora in the ground, it will not be necessary to do anything special – enough elementary activities for disembodies. To do this, the soil is immersed exclusively the root system without a stalk, which is subsequently rooted. To revitalize the central part of the aquarium, it is worth planted by splashing large bushes, for example, Amazonian echinodorus, anabias or valleynery. It is better if the soil under such plants will be swept, the greens can live in shading, in water with any acidity.
In the foreground it is better to plant carpeting vegetation or small bushes.
Greens in an artificial home ecosystem looks very beautiful, but it can be diluted with red bushes. This option will allow you to add originality and brightness to the reservoir. Many colorful representatives of plants live in medium or bright lighting conditions, but are welcoming to water acidity. In the background it is worth landing tall unpretentious plants that are closed by aquarium equipment in the form of filters, heaters.
For that In order for the vegetation in the aquarium for a long time, the human eye rejoiced, it is required by both macro and microelements. Nitrates, phosphates and sulfates fall into aquarium water naturally. If these substances are too much, it can cause the flowering process of algae. Copper, manganese, zinc, iron underwater representatives of flora requires a little, since the oversuetration can lead to negative consequences.
Rules of dilution
Aquarium vegetation not only makes the reservoir with fish uniquely beautiful, but also emphasizes the brightness of its inhabitants. In the content of underwater greenery and its independent breeding, each aquarist has the ability to create unique interiors of an artificial ecosystem, combining different types of plants.
Methods of reproduction of representatives of underwater flora are different.
- Vegetative. In this case, the young plant is formed from the vegetative parts of the body of the parent representative.
- With the help of subsidiaries. A child plant is called what was formed from the kidney of the apparent type, which originated on the maternal body. After their own leaves and roots appear on young representatives, they can be separated from the main one, otherwise it will disappear itself, will pop up on the water surface. Strengthening subsidiary of young people occurs in the substrate.
- Digging. This type of young plant is able to form on creeping shoots. It can occur both on a leaf sinus, and in the form of a plenty of several intercause. With the help of melts, representatives of flora, which float on the water surface.
- Cherenca. These are parts of the shoots that are inherent in plants with long stems. The stalk, which, with the help of an acute item, is separated from the base, must have 3 nodes. It is worth falling into the substrate. This method has the ability to multiply vegetation, which floats in water thicker.
- With the help of genitals. This method of continuing the kind refers to flowering plants, which in the end give seeds.
Newbies who bought their first aquarium and launched inhabitants in it, can see the incompleteness in the design of the tank. The emptiness and lifelessness of the species can correct landing of unpretentious aquarium vegetation.
Such representatives of the flora are considered to be a real rescue for an inexperienced aquarist, as they do not need complex care activities and special indicators of the aquatic environment, soil. Plants that feel well with weak lighting and different temperatures, there are on sale in a wide variety, while costing quite inexpensive.
About how to care for aquarium with alive plants, you can find out by looking at the video below.