Zebra Amadins are very beautiful little birds. They are not demanding in care, so their content does not cause great difficulties. However, Zebra Amadins have their own features, and distinctive features that are important to consider if you want to get these birds. In this article we will look at how you need to properly care for Amadins.
Zebra Amadins – Small and Cheerful Birds. Belong to the context family. The birthplace of these charming feathers – Australia. In Europe and other countries of the world, they appeared relatively recently (no more than 200 years ago).
In natural conditions, zebral amadins live in a wide variety of locations. It can be forests, and meadows, and fields. Pernavnoye feel comfortable both on the wasteland and in the immediate vicinity of the person.
Zebra Amadin distinguishes the beak of a specific structure. It is cone-shaped and has an orange color.
Coloring of males zebra amadines bright and saturated. Female is more dull, not so attract attention. The same “calm” shades of plumage, like females, males have only young.
Amadins themselves are prefinite. For this reason, experts advise to start a couple of such birds immediately, so that they are not bored and sad. Lonely Amadin will soon wage.
On average, Zebra Amadins live from 7 to 8 years. For the duration of their lives in the conditions of unbeasies, many factors affect.
- Incorrect breeding and place of purchase. Genetic predisposition plays not the last role in the life expectancy of birds. A large number of breeders attempt to bring new mutational varieties of these feathers led to the fact that some individuals had serious innate diseases. Often the chicks die, still being in the egg. Acquisition of Zeber Amadina in a pet store or bird market does not give any guarantees that the pet will be perfect healthy and young.
- Wrong care and content. People who do not have the experience of the content of these Australian birds, often mistaken to them from other feathers. As a result, a similar neighborhood ends with an endless struggle for food and territory. In such an atmosphere, Amadines begin to be sad, pulled out and root. There are injuries ending with the birds of death. Incorrect care and feeding of zebra pets most often leads to their early death.
- Injuries, stress. Frequent and sharp decimal changes can seriously harm the birds. Linding, Amadins refuse water and food, which ends with dehydration. You can not disturb these individuals, especially the first time. Loud noise and other frightening factors can also harm pernam. Also in flight they can get injuries that will lead to their death.
How to determine age?
To find out what the age of birds of this species should be paid attention to such characteristics.
- Young zebral amadins move not very confidently, can lose coordination of movements. They fly badly, so the bulk of the time is sitting on the bottom of the cell.
- In young individuals, the beak is more transparent. There is no damage. The skin on the legs is thin, with small, barely noticeable scales. Claws short and neat.
- Before the first molting young amadins have little feathers. Young people have certain types of plumage more dull.
The content of zebra feathers is not much difficult. So that pets feel comfortable, they do not need to equip a huge aviary, as in the case of noble parrots. They have enough ordinary standard cells for birds. The height of the structure can be from 0.9 to 1 m, and width and height – 0.35-0.4 m. Cell must be cleaned regularly, remove the rest of the shelter from oats and millet. Such procedures will be needed at least once a week, otherwise garbage and dust will soon be scattered throughout the room.
The ideal temperature of the pennate content – 18-22 degrees. Temperature changes may badly affect bird health. To the Amadin feathers develop normally and for the prevention of rickets, it is recommended to resort to UV radiation with lamps. And in the warm season, the cage can be reached on the balcony or into the yard. It is better to choose a place with a shadow.
In the zebral bird cage you need to install not only drinking, but also a bid. Frequent bathing – an integral component of the life of these feathered. So they support these features clean, remove skin irritations. Often Amadines are splashing in water with such pleasure that after that even forces are barely found.
How to care?
Zebra Amerades need to ensure correct and regular care. From this will depend on how much the bird will live and what will be her health. The main thing about what the owner should not forget – about the level of cleanliness of the cell in which Ptahi of the species under consideration. The design is at least 1 time per month it is necessary to disinfect, otherwise dangerous parasites will appear there. Before proceeding with disinfectant activities, it is necessary to remove all dust and dirt from the cell, rinse it with boiling water.
Further, all the slots existing in the design of the cells will need to be treated with disinsectal solution. Such processing must be carried out using a brush. As soon as the cell will dry, it must be washed with hot water with soap. It is important to ensure that there are no traces from the solutions on the surface surface.
At the time of the implementation of bird procedures, you need to move from Woller to another place. If neglected such actions, the feathers can become victims of a Pukhoper tick, which represents danger not only for them, but also for hosts.
In the cell, it is necessary to put a drink in which there should always be clean water. It is desirable to choose closing containers in which garbage or excrement will not fall. Drinkers need to be periodically washed, applying a table salt or millet.
It is important to install open checks. They are poured out of a standing or boiled water. Its height should be no more than 2 cm.
The feeder is better to install between the rods so that the feed is polluted as little as possible. And drinkers and checkpoints are recommended to select mounted.
Food and drink in cells required to change daily. Approaching the designs with birds, you should be careful. There should be no sharp movements, you can talk with feathers, but only a calm voice. Thus, Amadins are more likely to fit.
In a cage where Zebra Amadins live, it is necessary to place a container with sand. He will also have to change periodically.
Indoor where birds are contained, there should be no strong drafts or cold. Temperature drops should be avoided. Do not smoke next to the amadins, because smoke tobacco and other carbon monoxide are capable of putting the body of feathery serious harm.
What and how to feed?
The Amadins under consideration should eat right. Birds should be giving food based on a grain mixture consisting of 6-8 elements. The main components should be millet. For 1 kg millet need to take:
- 250 g of seed meadow herbs (for example, plantain or dandelion)+
- 100 g of mogard seeds, frosi, lettuce, cannabis+
- 50 g of seed flax+
- 150 g oatmeal+
- 300 g of Canary Seed.
The feeding of zebra feathers must be carried out 1 time per day, 1 teaspoon per part. Their diet is allowed to dilute with a variety of porridge (for example, millet, buckwheat). It is important to make a greens in their fresh form in their menu, for example, dill or parsley. Do not superfluous fruits, vegetables, berries.
Amendes should not only be balanced food, but also eggs in small quantities. They must be welded screwed. It is also worth feeding birds cottage cheese, lived products (Moth, Hamarus). Recent types of feed are especially important for repetition at the stage of reproduction.
In the summer season, feed mixes should be diluted with chicken seals, salad or dandelion. In winter, germinated grains of wheat, millet, oats or barley will be perfect additive.
If you do not want to independently harvest the nutrient mixtures for these charming feathers, you can purchase a ready-made product in the store, which includes all the necessary components. Such food is sold in most pet stores.
It is recommended to select high quality branded options.
How to distinguish a female from male?
There are no significant external differences between females and males, but still some nuances of the color are traced, allowing to determine the floor of the birds. The males have head, neck and spin of a characteristic ashtten. They have large tail feathers, black with snow-white splashes. Under the eyes there are dark stripes, as if drawn by makeup artist. On the plot under the eyes of the males have black color. Breast and neck in males striped (like zebra). Also in the color of the plumage of the male, there are brownish sides with white spots.
The color of the female of the female differs little from the color of males. The main difference lies in the fact that they look less bright and saturated. Characterized by the absence of chestnut humps on the plumage. On the female, it will not be possible to detect brown areas, the strips on her chest also will not. Simulats, but only as long as they are young. In young individuals, the plumage is also not too bright, the color of the beak is black, the brown shades prevail.
Another characteristic feature that allows you to distinguish the male from the female – his singing. Only birds boys sing ringtones and melodious.
It is worth seeing to the size of birds to determine their sexuality. Usually female less males. The latter is thicker, large and bright beak. In some individuals, at the base of the beak, you can see a small hubber, which the female does not happen.
If in one cell to place a couple of healthy zebral amadins, then the likelihood that they will not multiply, will be very small. These feathered beauties very well multiply in captivity. In the setting of home cultivation, Ptakhi begin to bring offspring, as soon as the two-month age is reached. But experts advise not to hurry, but a little wait with the reproduction of Amadins. It is advisable to wait until the pennate is not going six months or a year.
In captivity of Zebrian Amadin, a small box performs a small box that performs the function of the nest. Instead, they often use a special wicker nest. It is necessary to ensure the pennate by all necessary materials, of which they will be able to build a nest independently.
If you neglect by this item, Amadins will use absolutely everything to be deleted. They will begin to steal feathers from the cage neighbors.
Ideally, you should provide pennate materials for nesting. Coconut fiber is suitable for this, jute. These components should be just gently put in a cage where birds live. As soon as they choose the place for the future nest, they will be left there to stay spending the night.
Zebral Amadins will definitely be thrown to fiercely protect their nest, pursue other birds, if they find it too close. Usually, zebral birds protect their nest with extinct shouts. Before fighting and the fight comes in extremely rare cases.
The number of deferred eggs in most cases is from 2 to 7 pieces. Eggs are sitting both birds. For the period of survival leaves from 14 to 16 days. Throughout this period, before the gaze, the owners appear a humane spectacle. As soon as the chicks will hatch, they are completely defenseless, fragile and vulnerable. Kids are covered with a slight fly, have tiny sizes. At this time, the chicks are still blind. Eyes they usually open only in a week.
Chicks do not leave the nests until it goes 3 weeks. During this time, they will cover the plumage, but the color of their beak will not be red or bright orange (like adults), but black. Its color will change only at the end of the full plumage.
Some chicks of Zeber Ptakhi, who only got out of the nest, are able to fly well. Other individuals can stay at the bottom of the cell, without climbing into the air. Parents will feed them for another 2-3 weeks. The indicator that the young man matured and grows up the rise of noise from them.
The more mature Zebrian Amadins, the incignment of parents will take care of their feed. The growing individuals are always becoming louder, because the content of the house of such a penate family can deliver a lot of inconvenience.
Useful Tips and Recommendations
The content of the persons in question can not be called too complicated. Even a novice poultry truck will cope with this, who used to have no amadins before. If you want to get such charming creatures, It is worth taking a few useful tips and recommendations.
- With the onset of the winter season, experts recommend to give zebra amedes a droplet of fish fat. It is advisable to do it once a week.
- Highlighting a cell or an aviary for zebral feathered, it is necessary to take care that there are secluded places in which birds will be able to hide from prying eyes.
- As mentioned above, Zebra Amadins are very like to swim, so besides the drill in the cell, a checkout should be installed. Around it is worth postponing plastic so that the litter in the “bird house” did not go.
- It is necessary to keep the state of birds under control. If you have noticed that the feathers refuse food and water, behave strangely, become sluggish and painful, then it is worth contacting the veterinary doctor as soon as possible. Specialist will help determine what the problem is and how to eliminate it.
- Keep the Zebra Amadin in a huge cage or big avoir makes sense if you are interested in genetics and want to take up the breeding work, or you plan to become a major breeder and breed feathers for sale. In other cases, there is no point in the large construction for the content of Australian birds.
- Perfect dwelling for amadin – all-metal cells. They are hygienic and durable. Through the rods easily passes the necessary birds solar light. A good solution – a rectangular shape with a flat top. Such a design will create additional convenience, because it will be possible to noticeably save free space and set several cells to each other.
- In the period of molting, zebra amandes are recommended to give special vitamin mixtures. They will contribute to the growth of feathers, improving their natural color. Such funds need to be bought in specialized stores.
- It is impossible to leave the remnants of products in a cell with amadins. They must be removed from the design immediately, otherwise they will begin to rot and deteriorate, and this will not entail anything good.
- Disinfectants It is important to process not only the cell itself, but also pallet, barbells, feeders, sand compartments. For this, a 2% solution of chlorine and carbolic acid is perfect.
- The pallet in the cage is allowed to process the powder chamomile and pyremum. They are simply poured on the surface of the base with a small layer, top above the dense paper and fall asleep sand.
- If you keep the houses of Zebra Amadin, you should have transport and quarantine cells in your arsenal. The newly purchased bird is at first worth settlement in a quarantiret to avoid the enhancing possible infections into a common party.
- Choosing an optimal place to accommodate cells with birds, it is desirable to give preference to the territory by the window along the wall. The sun should fall on feathers at least 2-3 hours a day.
- Zebra Amadins are very sensitive to temperature changes, so to air the room where there is a cell with ptahi, it is necessary to care. It should be traced that there are unexpectedly unknown by other pets near the birds – it can be a serious stress for Amadins.
On the conditions of breeding and leaving for zebra amadines, see further.