The history of the development of sevenrous guitars begins in Russia in the XVIII century, before the October Revolution, it was the main musical instrument. Foreign musicians who came to the USSR did not understand the meaning in the addition of another string and indicated that all the musical works were written for the six-string tools. However, their perturbations were ignored due to the close connection of this guitar with folk song. In the 20th century, the struggle against the seven-terrain guitar aggravated, and professional musicians moved to a classic tool, leaving her living gypsies in Russia.
“Gypsy”, as it was nicknamed in the people, the guitar has a lot of differences from the six-string model:
- Its springs are located across the top deck and in parallel to each other+
- Vulture flat and much thinner than other guitars+
- The case is most often made in the style of the Italian Baroque Epoch Guitar+
- The neck is attached to the housing using the screw, due to which it is adjustable and allows you to change the height of the strings+
- The seventh string expands the range of sound capabilities.
Review of species
There are three main types of “Russian” guitars that differ in their sizes.
MENZURE Large guitar as many as 650 mm. Looks like an ordinary guitar.
Such guitars have medium sizes and a mezura, equal to 585 mm. It is built on a small circulation above compared to a big guitar and is an ensemblible. This tool allows you to expand the range of a guitar ensemble and improve its sound.
This type of guitars has the smallest dimensions, the length of its working part – Menzura – is only 550 mm. The housing was made of fir wood, the wealthy musicians preferred a lipou or a black tree, which on the quart guitar needed a bit. System guitar for 2.5 tones higher than on big.
Usually, quart guitars are used in the ensemble along with other types of seven-string guitar to emphasize their sound.
Severy guitars are also divided into acoustic and electric guitars.
A classic 7-string guitar has a thin and small housing, a narrow neck, equipped with nylon strings, providing soft and saturated sound. The tool rings perfectly hold the system and allow you to carry out whole concerts, without setting up a guitar every 10 minutes. They are made of durable wood breeds and are suitable for performing compositions of any style.
- As in acoustic instruments, another string is added in the electric guitars and the grip width is increased. Most often they are equipped with active and passive hambakers, occasionally – a fixed bridge. The classical system is added the basic note “C”, due to which the seven-time guitars have gained popularity in heavy music styles.
Selection of components
The choice of seven-terrain guitars is not as big as I would like, but even here there is something to think about – choose strings, slices and other components.
Strings – the most important element in the guitar, it is from their quality that the fullness of the sound and durability of the use of the tool depends. When choosing them, you need to pay attention to several points.
- Degree of tension. Tension may be weak, normal and solid, it affects the quality of the audio.
- Price. Cheap strings can not be high quality, the game with them will not be so simple and easy, and the risk that they will break during an important performance, great. It is better to pay extra what to worry and distracting for extraneous thoughts.
- Material of manufacture. Most often, the first three strings (distant) make non-nylon, because the brightness and saturation of the sound depends on them. Synthetic strings are less popular, but sometimes used, they differ in particular strength. Bass strings are produced from carbon fiber, and after winding up silver-earth copper or bronze – they will serve for a very long time, and the sound quality improves significantly. The price of the latter is much higher than others, so they are usually purchased for a large scene and professional guitarists.
Another detail, without which it is impossible to play ok – slices. It is due to them that the string tension is created and maintained. There are closed and open elements.
- The mechanism of closed is protected from moisture, dust and any other mechanical impact. This allows you to increase the use of.
- Open slices are used more often, because they are more convenient to serve. There is always access to the mechanism, and you can lubricate it at any time.
When choosing the flasks, you need to pay attention to the gear ratio – difference in the number of rollets of the shaft with a string to the number of rollets by hand. On it can be determined how long the strings have to pull before starting the game.
The great value of this number allows much more accurate to configure the tool, although it will require more time.
It is worth paying attention to the thresholds, anchors, fastening of the grid, belt and the frets, because they most often break. It will be a shame if there are no components on the chosen guitar, and it will have to be thrown.
The first thing to do after buying a guitar is to configure strings. This can be done in different ways:
- With tuner+
- comparing with the sound of other strings+
- By flags.
Newcomers are best acquired to buy a tuner – a tool that connects to the guitar and through the application shows which strings are stretched too weak, and which – too much.
If there are no extra money for such a luxury, you will have to act independently. The principle consists in comparing one open string from the neighboring, which is pressed on a certain Lada and stretches until the strings begin to sound the same. The setting starts with the first string, it is clamped to 7 Lada and stretches through the “La” chalkton.
Further strings must have the same sound as previous.
This method is not perfect, because it does not give absolute purity of sound. When setting, you must consider the diameter and string material. For example, to configure bass strings it is necessary to check the arpenty sound of chords and intervals on remote strings.
Another option of setting up the seven-string guitar – by flags. It is known in the narrow circles of professional musicians and is as follows:
- The second string is stretched and relaxed so that as a result of its flagger on the 5th Lada sounded in unison with the first string flag on the same Lada+
- The fourth in the 7th Lada is compared from the first to 5th+
- The next 3rd string is configured, its flag on the 7th Lada is similar to the sound with the 4th string on the 5th+
- Flagolet 5th string on the 5th Lada corresponds to the Flag of the 4th string on the 7th+
- At the very end, the 6th string stretches – its flagger on the 5th Lada is identical to the 7th Lada flag of the 5th string.
How to play?
After all the most important theory has been studied, and the 7-string guitar purchased, you can proceed to practice, trying to play on this musical instrument. This can be learned in a couple of weeks, if you practice every 2-3 days to 30-40 minutes.
The main thing – patience and desire, without them it will not be possible to learn from scratch and master the simplest chords.
It is the study of chords will be the first step after memorizing all the notes. Chords are a set of sounds that guitar makes simultaneously. To play the simplest melody, you will need to remember the position of the fingers for the following Music Combines:
For la-minor, it is necessary to hold the strings on certain freaks. It is important that the hand is as relaxed as much as possible, only the muscles of the fingers are operating, which clap strings and thumb. First you need to get used to this position, and at least 5 minutes do nothing. After that, you can try to publish the sound on each of the strings in turn. It happens that the strings do not sound – in this case, you need to pay attention to another hand and slightly push it away from the strings. If instead of sound rattling, it means, the string must be squeezed. Achieving clean sound is not so easy, but without it it is impossible to move on.
The following task is to learn to quickly remove the chord of La-Minor and go to re-minor, and vice versa. We will have to memorize all the schemes of the game and constantly check whether your fingers are right. If everything turns out, you can add chords E and G.
As soon as it turns out to play learned chords without any problems, you need to achieve full automatism and learn how to play blindly. This is the last task for auxiliary hand.
After that, you can move to the main one – it is on the housing. There are two ways to extract sound – a game of a fight or a bust. The most problems arise here.
Play the battle is best, drowning strings, they stick to auxiliary hand so that the student can focus on the rhythm. In the process of learning, the game is better to choose simple schemes – for example, down-up-down-up. When it is perfectly obtained, you can try to work with two hands at the same time, and follow the audience.
Most often, the newcomer hearing does not allow you to hear your mistakes, so he believes that there are no problems, and plays. The main errors are too strong strikes on strings and the absence of rhythm. It is necessary to touch strings with the same force and after a certain period. It does not always work from the first time, but with regular workouts this process will be monitored on the machine.
You can play the battle:
- Big finger – blows down are produced by the inside, and up – external+
- Large and index – blows down the inside of the big, and upwards+
- Indicative – with such a game, the index finger is bent, on top of it is large, and thus produced strikes on strings.
Play bust, it means to play on each string separately. Most often the strings pull with the help of fingers and nails, but it does not give a bright sound and control over the game. To improve the quality of the sound of chords, it is possible to sort out the strings by a mediator or special nozzles on your fingers that are the names of the plectra.
Just half a year required to learn how to play the most complex musical works on the seven-time guitar, like a professional. During this time, not only to disassemble all possible chords, learn how to play a fight and bust, but also to train as often as possible. Professionals take 6-8 hours a day to prepare for a performance or disk recording. The best option will be classes with a teacher in a music school or in a circle – there will be all the foundations and help you put hands. After that, you can create your own musical group or just work out with friends – any training will be by the way.
How to configure the seven-fold guitar without a tuner, look in the following video.