In order to properly configure the guitar, as well as understand the construction of chords, it is necessary to know what is called each of the strings located on it. The name consists of a combination of certain letters and numbers. The article will tell about what the names of the guitar strings are, and which means each symbol in the title.
The location and numbering of open strings on the classic 6-string guitar begins to bottom – from the thinnest to the largest. Each of them is an order of magnitude different from the rest of the sound, for example, the thinnest sound has the first string (lower), and the lowest – sixth (located on top). It is considered bass and differs from others in that due to the thick metal winding has the lowest tonality. In addition to the rooms, each string has a standard designation. The usual name of the strings on the guitar is the following (in the sequence from the first to the sixth):
- Lower – Mi+
- The second bottom – Si (by the way, it is the only one that should sound on the colon above the rest)+
- The third is the name of the salt+
- fourth – re+
- The penultimate is called La+
- bass (sixth) – mi.
It can be noted that the first and sixth strings have a similar name, but do not assume that the sound of them is similar. Range between them – as many as 2 (+1.5, depending on the setting) octave, therefore, in addition to the name, there are no similarities between them.
In addition to the above names, the main elements of the classical guitar are also given letters. For this, the initial symbols of the Latin alphabet are used. They are assigned to guitar strings in the following sequence:
- The thinnest lower string (MI) is denoted by the letter E+
- The second (SI) has an alphabetic designation B+
- Next (salt) – G+
- The fourth bottom of the string with the sound of re was assigned the letter D+
- La is denoted by the letter A+
- For MI designed letter E.
Based on this sequence, it can be concluded that all musical notes have their own symbols of Latin. The first letter of the Latin alphabet is called a note, after it under the letter B follows the NOT C, then – the first note is connected to under the symbol C, re corresponds to D, the note Mi – E, the Fa is denoted by the letter F, salt – G.
In addition to the standard six strings on a classic guitar, there are also similar musical instruments with additional strings.
- Severy guitar. Sometimes it is called “Russian” or “Gypsy”. It received such a name due to the fact that at the beginning of the XVIII century, the seven-time guitar was used for accompaniment to the perpetrators of romances or Russian folk songs. Difference of the strings of this type of guitar from the classical six-string is that the metal of another caliber is used for their manufacture. For this reason, as well as due to the fact that they are more tightly stretched, the sound of the Russian guitar is not the same as the classic tool.
- Electric guitars with seven strings. In comparison with the sixrins, they differ in that they have a wider range of sound and power. The names are as follows: the bottom – si, then goes, the third is the bottom – la, then – re, fifth – salt, after it – si, then again.
- Eight-stand guitars are much less common than six- or seven-time. They have a wide range and are used to play in music styles like jazz, classic or metal. Their sound can be compared with the sound of piano. The names of the Strings in the eight-stand guitar are as follows: Lower – Fa Diez, then go si, mi and la, after them – re, salt, si, and last -.
- The most rare look, master the game where only an experienced musician can be a nine-step guitar. Due to the three additional elements, you can create non-standard musical works or experiment. A row begins with a lower string to diez and ends with notes SI and MI. Such guitars are two types: with paired strings and with an extended sound range. The first appearance, in turn, is divided into several types, depending on the location of the paired elements – three thin or three bass. Nine-tore guitars with an extended range suggest additional features in order to achieve sound with a frequency leaving outside their account.
- Tenwar guitar or decam. With the help of four additional strings, the instrument publishes deeper bass sounds, you can recreate a richer sound on it. Resonances arising from all the possibilities of the guitar make music more diverse, but the repertoire intended for execution on the six-string guitar, decamkord also allows you to play.
Currently, guitars with the number of strings more than six are gaining great popularity. It is not surprising, because such musical instruments allow us to diversify the works and make them more original.
From the video below you find out how the strings are called guitar.