For a long time it was believed that the executive art can be learn only on acoustic piano. The feature of the tool remained the dependence of the strength and nature of the sound from pressing the key, which was not available on synthesizers. However, the development of electronic music led to the fact that the analogues of piano appeared, capable of imitate the ratio of tactile sensations and sound. Features, advantages and rules for choosing electronic piano should be considered more.
What it is?
Electric piano call the key tool, the source of the sound of which are samples, and not a blow hammer in the string.
Sample – This is the recorded sound, played on the acoustic instrument. Such a record use well-minded concert pianos. The experts are then alternately fix the sound of each key with different powers of pressing, open and closed with a lid, with a pressed pedal. Records are embedded in the instrument.
The more samples are used in the piano, the cleaner and naturally it sounds, and the more complex compositions on it can be played.
As a result, the instrument is obtained, not only not inferior to the capabilities of an acoustic analogue, but also superior to its qualities.
- The tool’s usual musician needs regular configuration. Failures in strictly can be consequence of temperature change (for example, when you turn on or off central heating), regular use or mechanical tool damage. Electric piano is devoid of similar weakness.
- Acoustic tool sound volume is almost impossible to control. As a result, the possibility of exercising in the game has temporary limitations. Electronic piano speakers regulate sound power. It gives the opportunity to do without irritating the neighbors.
- When buying an acoustic piano, the first question becomes the choice of place where to install it. Electronic version of compact in size, which partially eliminates this problem. And the low weight will create less inconvenience during transportation.
- The user receives additional features, including a metronome, a timbre, the ability to imitate the game in the ensemble, lay special effects, create arrangements and record your own composition without a specially equipped studio. The functions described are not available for all models.
- Another advantage of the electric tool becomes use of a more diverse color scheme. Therefore, it is not difficult to choose an option that is harmonizing with the interior.
The disadvantage of such an option is considered the lack of samples, which does not give enough rich color. In addition, the disciple who is engaged in the electronic tool, it is difficult to adapt to the game on the usual piano in the class. However, these shortcomings are inherent in the cheapest models. When buying high-quality digital piano, its acoustic properties are not inferior to the original.
Description of species
Depending on the size, the tools are divided into the following varieties.
- Compact or scenic. They are distinguished by the absence of a wooden rack. This option is convenient to musicians forced to carry the tool or for rare use stored in the closet.
- Corps. This option retains compactness, but equipped with a light wooden body from a chipboard, a cover covering the keyboard, as well as a console with three pedals. Such an addition allows you to put better speakers.
- Cabinet classic. It uses a massive case with speakers that transmit more shades of the piano.
The last 2 options are distinguished by better acoustics, but not designed for frequent transportation.
Among the manufacturers of digital piano are popular Casio. This brand has been considered to be leading in the field of power tools for many years. Development of Japanese engineers working in the company, made training and a game of piano is affordable and more convenient. The model range includes the simplest Models (CDP-S100), Options for the average category with additional features, as well as tools with advanced functionality. So, CDP-S350 combines electrical piano and synthesizer.
Advantages Products of this brand is considered compactness, convenience of keyboard. The developed series of hammer type CDP-S attracts full-visability, elasticity and speed of return of the keys. In expensive models, the tool features can be managed through a special mobile application. Sometimes it is a good help in learning new compositions.
The main rival Casio in this area is another Japanese manufacturer – Yamaha. The model range of the brand includes compact options with a minimum set of functions and cost of about 30,000 rubles (Yamaha NP-32WH, Yamaha P-45). The company also produces premium tools with a wide range of features (Yamaha CLP-645WA, YAMAHA P-515). The price of them begins with 130-150 thousand rubles. There are options with an average price segment (50-90 thousand rubles).
Advantages of Yamaha products Consider the production of instruments for musicians with different needs and level of training, a wide range of model range, the ability to buy budget piano with the introduction of the latest functions. From proposals of competitors, such products are characterized by the quality of the keyboard, the realism of the sound, the purity of the timbres and the breadth of the dynamic range.
In addition to these giants in the field of digital music, you can consider the products of companies Roland or Becker. These brands also represent different piano and technical filling.
Criterias of choice
Considering that the electrical piano is characterized by a set of functions and sound, to buy the tool should be responsible. In the process of verification, experts recommend:
- Evaluate the duration and sound quality, withstanding the key to attenuation+
- Check the system reaction for pressing+
- Listen to the demonstration composition to familiarize yourself with the quality of the sound+
- Alternatively, to play something independently, asking a friend to evaluate the quality of execution by.
To simplify the choice of the instrument, it is worth introducing the characteristics of its main components presented below.
Keys – this is the first one to contact the hands of the musician. Depending on the technique of execution, they are the following species.
- Molotchkovye, where the function of strings execute sensors feeding signals to the processor. Originally created two-touch models. Their disadvantage was the lack of sound when the key is incomplete. As a result, playing rehearsals of one note quickly turned out to be impossible. Therefore, a third sensor reacting to a short range of clicking is added to newer and expensive piano options.
- Graduated keyboard. Her designers calculated the weight of each key, based on the features of the acoustic instrument. It helps to recreate the tactile sensations arising when playing the piano in different registers. The only minus option is considered to be the high cost.
An important parameter when choosing is the material of manufacture. For budget models, plastic uses, sometimes with a synthetic coating under the elephant bone.
Options for more expensive keys are made of wood imitation, which more corresponds to the texture of the acoustic instrument. But at the same time they do not require care.
Another keyboard selection criterion is the sensitivity of clicking. Most models presented in the market have 3 levels. Depending on the setting, the sensors will respond to the movements of the pianist a little earlier or later.
In the musical world, this word is called polyphony. In the field of electronic tools, the term is defined as the number of sound waves that the processor will produce at the same time. The modern market offers tools with polyphony parameters 32, 64, 128, 192, 256.
It should be borne in mind that from the point of view of the program one sound is not equal to keystroke. The amount of waves affects the power and speed of execution, the timbre combination and the use of the pedal. If the number of votes exceeds the capabilities of the processor, some of them simply will not sound.
Therefore, for a novice musician, 48 votes will be enough. A confident performer can consider the model with polyphony 128. And the indicator in 256 will suit a professional.
The quality of this device will determine how loud, bright and saturated will be the sound of the instrument. This is important because the low sound quality at the output can be reduced to no possibility of a good musical processor. Typically speakers are estimated:
- By total power+
Although technical indicators play an important role in the evaluation of the device, no need to ignore their own sensations. If the quality and power of the outgoing sound do not cause aesthetic pleasure, it is better to consider another option.
Considering that electronic tools are characterized by a set of functions, sound quality and price, you need to choose an option that meets your own needs.
- A musician playing piano professionally, chooses a model that will master complex performers. The amateur will look for analogue easier and cheaper.
- To perform academic music, it is enough to purchase an option with a comfortable keyboard and high-quality sound in the piano rubrel.
- For concert and pop performance it is worth paying attention to the timbres of the body and the oven section, the presence of effects, auto accompaniment and other options.
- It may seem that the novice artist is enough to buy the easiest tool. However, from the first lessons, work begins on the development of musical hearing and aesthetics. Therefore, it is not worth saving on acoustic quality tool.
Features of the game
Step by step guide.
- The first thing you need to do is to get acquainted with the characteristics of your new tool. This requirement concerns both newcomers and professionals.
- Next, memorize all keys on the keyboard of the selected piano.
- Play a couple of octave.
- Watch out for moving your fingers on the keys, remember the intervals, develop synchronization while maintaining the concentration.
- Play on the piano with both hands alternately.
- Memorize chords, lose them. At first it will be hard, the skill will come with time and practice.
- Try to play a previously listened melody. You can play her parts or immediately – as you will be more convenient. Try to play while listening, repeating the composition, picking up notes for rumor.
- Experiment with stylistics and tonality, do not dwell on something one.
- Practice as often as possible: the rehearsal must last at least 25 minutes and take place daily.
- Gradually increase speed.
- Use headphones when playing a digital tool, especially if your “concerts” pass in the city apartment.
- Record your own rehearsals – electric piano has such a function.
- If possible, find a good teacher.
How to prevent errors when choosing an electric piano – in the video below.