There is a sufficient number of reasons explaining the growing popularity of spirulina in cosmetology – both domestic and foreign. First of all, the beneficial properties that this product possesses, and versatility, allowing to use it to solve various tasks, no matter how complex those. Spirulina not only supports the health of the skin and hair, but also returns to them the lost beauty, which regularly finds its practical confirmation.
First you need to note that spirulina is a commercial term, and not the name of the plant. It combines two types of blue-green algae: Arthrospira Platensis and Arthrospira Maxima, very useful for a person, but rarely found in natural habitat.
Given this circumstance, the spirulina is grown in special pools, creating suitable conditions for it: an alkaline water reaction, a sufficient amount of heat and good lighting.
As for the composition of the described product, it assumes the presence of 2 thousand simple and complex ingredients, many of which are needed to maintain beauty and health. In particular, the following components of Spirulina have useful properties.
- Proteins. Accelerate the formation of collagen fibers – the foundations of connective tissues. The number of proteins contained in spirulina, reaching up to 70% of dry mass deserves attention.
- Gamma Linolenic Acid. Stimulates metabolic processes in cells, which positively affects the speed of updating the outer layer of the skin. The legislative result of this is to get rid of acne and age pathological changes.
- Retinol. Makes the skin smooth and elastic, reduces pigmentation, speeds up the production of collagen and stimulates the upgrade of cover fabrics.
- B. Vitamins B. Normalize cellular breathing, effectively counteract the acne rash and significantly prolong the youth of the skin.
- Vitamin C. Being a first-class antioxidant, reduces the harmful effect of free radicals. Also it returns the skin natural shade.
- Vitamin E. Effectively fighting aging, eliminates cover from peeling and restores their water-lipid balance.
- Macro and microelements. Spirulina is rich in potassium, phosphorus, silicon, boron, magnesium, zinc, iron, calcium and sodium. It is also worth mentioning about iodine, selenium, chrome, cobalt, molybdenum and Germany.
- Pigments. The described product contains chlorophyll, ficotine and carotenoids, contributing to the accelerated synthesis of enzymes.
Even individually, the components listed above are extremely useful for the skin, and their combination allows you to achieve truly impressive results. For the same reason, spirulina is included in hair cosmetics, providing their full nutrition and strengthening. Recently, this product is also in the body procedures that imply the use of mixtures for wraps.
Despite the fact that Spirulina can use the vast majority of those who want, in some cases it is necessary to refuse. It is most often due to the increased sensitivity of the body to one or more components of this product for which the following manifestations are characteristic:
- Strong itch+
- Redness of the skin+
- Appearance of rashes.
In order to exclude the likelihood of the development of an allergic reaction, it is necessary to pre-test the prepared mixture on the sensitive skin of the wrist. If, after a quarter of an hour from the date of application, negative symptoms will not appear, spirulina can be used without fears.
Another circumstance that makes the use of the product under consideration is impossible, is the presence of damage and well-pronounced irritations on the skin. As for pregnancy and lactation, then in such periods to use spirulina should be treated with caution. This is due to the concentration of ingredients of this fund – harmless to the mother, and rather high for the fetus or infant.
Features of application
One of the main conditions whose compliance allows you to count on the successful use of spirulina, is the regularity of the procedures. It is also necessary to take into account the following recommendations.
- Spirulina preferably acquire in a pharmacy to minimize the likelihood of buying a low-quality product.
- Before applying a mask, you need to carefully clean the face for better assimilation of its components.
- Preparation of mixtures on the basis of spirulina involves the use of pure dishes from non-metallic material.
- The duration of therapeutic procedure should not exceed the quarter of an hour. This value can be increased in situations with masks for age-related skin, but slightly – in order to avoid the appearance of light burns.
- Spirulina-based compositions should not be applied on the area under the eyes and lips.
- After the time allotted on the procedure, it remains to wash the mask with warm water and apply nutrient cream on the skin.
As for the frequency with which you need to make masks from spirulina for the face, it should be weekly. Excess this value can lead to the formation of spots on the skin and other problems provoked by an excess of beneficial substances. Wraps can be carried out once every 3 days – as well as therapeutic procedures for the scalp and hair.
Practice shows that spirulina is perfectly combined with a variety of other means, positively affecting the skin and hair. This means that every representative of the fine floor can take advantage of exactly the recipe that suits her as it is impossible.
The list of the most popular skin masks is presented below.
- Moisturizing: 1 C. L. Spirulins mix with 15 ml of water, after which add 2 st. L. cucumber mashed potatoes in which there should be no peel and seeds, and everything is fine.
- For oily skin: 2 C. L. Spirulins mix with 30 ml of water. Such a combination is considered classical, and therefore it does not provide for the presence of other components.
- From acne rash and acne: 1 Art. L. Spirulins dilute in 20-25 ml of ragger chamomile and add about 2 g of food soda to the mixture.
- Rejuvenating: 1 C. L. Spirulins mix with the same amount of liquid honey, high-quality olive oil, water and high fat cottage cheese.
- Nourishing: 2 C. L. Spirulins dilute in 30 ml of water, after which it is added to the mixture of 2 st. L. Vegetable puree and not too fat sour cream.
- Toning: 2 C. L. Spirulins mix with 30 ml of water and the same amount of pre-melted honey.
- For nasolabial folds. Prepare 2 sec. L. gelatin, bay his water and leaving swell for half an hour. Next, it must be heated to the final dissolution, cool and mix with the combination, which includes 2 hours. L. Spirulines, 30 ml of water, couple of drops of vitamin A and 5 ml of fresh lemon juice.
To significantly improve the appearance of the hair and make them truly healthy, it is enough to take advantage of the following recipes.
- Strengthening mask: 1 C. L. Spirulins mix with 30 ml of carrot juice, after which add a couple of eggs whipped with 2-3 drops of lemon juice. Next, you need to mix everything thoroughly, apply the composition on the hair, cover them with a film, closed a towel and leave for half an hour.
- Shampoo: 1 C. L. Spirulins mix with 15 ml of milk and 1 egg (if the hair is dry, rationally use only yolk). You can also add a few drops of any essential oil into a combination. Shampoo need to be applied to well-humidized hair, and it should be rushing it slowly to achieve an optimal result.
Decent mention and a mixture for the body whose wrapping allows you to achieve victory over cellulite. To prepare such a tool, you need:
- take 100 g of blue or white clay crushed into powder+
- mix it with water to obtain a sour cream-shaped consistency+
- 1 Art. L. Spirulins Dilute in 15 ml of water+
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
The prepared mass should be applied to the sections affected by cellulite, turning tightly by their food film and covering the warm clothing or blanket for 35-40 minutes.
After reviewing the reviews of Spirulina, presented on the Internet, it can be argued that they are positive in the absolute majority. First of all, users note the following advantages of the product described:
- Return of softness, freshness, natural brush and healthy skin radiance+
- Getting rid of wrinkles located in the corners of the eyes, on the forehead, neck and other sites+
- Elimination of skin peeling+
- Lack of problems during making masks (being properly cooked, they do not spread)+
- Minimum probability of irritation+
- High wrapping efficiency with relatively small means+
- Minimizing hair fragility and their premature loss.
As for negative feedback, the smell of spirulina is most often mentioned: it is quite specific, and many cannot get used to it.
Thus, the described product is not only easy, but also very effective weapons, allowing to win a war for health and attractiveness. The advantages of spirulina confirm both ordinary buyers and experienced cosmetologists, which fully justifies its application.
How to make a mask from spirulina for rejuvenation and care at home, see the following video.